PDA

View Full Version : Cop Calls 5-day Suspension For Body Slamming 15 Yr Girl “Too Harsh”

green73
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbZ2dhaX1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbZ2dhaX1A

PHOENIX -

A Phoenix Police officer has been suspended after tackling a 15-year-old girl. The video, posted on YouTube, made national headlines two years ago.

Monday, that officer appealed, saying his punishment is too harsh, fighting the 5-day suspension at a hearing.

That hearing is closed to the public at his request, so we won't get to hear why he believes his punishment was too harsh.

Officer Patrick Larrison believes he acted within policy when he tackled a 15-year-old girl to the ground. Police were called to the school after they say a drunk teenager got into a fight with her teacher, then started walking away when officers got there.

This YouTube video sparked a yearlong investigation. A disciplinary review board recommended a 32-hour or 4-day suspension. But Chief Daniel Garcia thought the punishment should be more severe and gave Larrison a 40-hour or 5-day suspension. Typically that's the maximum number of days you can suspend an officer.

Larrison has since appealed the chief's decision and today he went through his first city civil service hearing.

Sources told us Larrison has at least three experts within the department who watched the video and agree he acted within policy.

The results of Monday's hearing won't be made public for about a month. That's when the city's civil service board will make a decision.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21578379/2013/03/11/suspended-phoenix-officer

Ranger29860
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Sources told us Larrison has at least three experts within the department who watched the video and agree he acted within policy.

Who's policy, the NFL?

Schifference
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Good for him. Maybe he will end up getting a bonus along with a plaque.

kathy88
03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I hope he gets promoted and a huge raise.

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 01:13 PM
She was obviously a threat. Did you see how she turned around and feigned surprise? She was going for the kill.

AGRP
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Officer safety.

Kotin
03-13-2013, 01:29 PM
officer safety.

aGameOfThrones
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM

I keep being told there is only 5% bad.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I can't believe this dirtbag has the gall to challenge a 5 day suspension for that. If he is acting within policy, they clearly need to start changing their fucking policies.

Does that girl not have a father present?

tod evans
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Tackle my ass!

He flew into her hitting her in the face and neck..

Bet his wife/girlfriend is proud of him..

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I can't believe this dirtbag has the gall to challenge a 5 day suspension for that. If he is acting within policy, they clearly need to start changing their fucking policies.

Does that girl not have a father present?

Apparently you don't understand what it is like not knowing if a 15 year old girl, half your weight, might keep you from going home to your family that night.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Apparently you don't understand what it is like not knowing if a 15 year old girl, half your weight, might keep you from going home to your family that night.

Apparently, a person like that doesn't understand what it's like knowing what will happen if they treat my family like that. That 5 day suspension would be the least of their worries.

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Apparently, a person like that doesn't understand what it's like knowing what will happen if they treat my family like that. That 5 day suspension would be the least of their worries.

Cop hater.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Cop hater.

Nah. I don't care if they're wearing a clown costume. Ok, bad example. I don't care if they're dressed like a nun. Ok, maybe another bad example if they're singing. I don't care what they're wearing. The real problem here is the video evidence showing the needless and violent assault.

Keep the cameras rolling, people.

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Nah. I don't care if they're wearing a clown costume. Ok, bad example. I don't care if they're dressed like a nun. Ok, maybe another bad example if they're singing. I don't care what they're wearing. The real problem here is the video evidence showing the needless and violent assault.

Keep the cameras rolling, people.

Yeah, I'm j/k.But of course you should know that by now. ;)

heavenlyboy34
03-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Tackle my ass!

He flew into her hitting her in the face and neck..

Bet his wife/girlfriend is proud of him..

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:
Rope is not sufficient. Call in Vlad the Impaler. :mad: :mad: :mad: If that were my daughter, that cop would never ever want me to know his location. Fucking coward. :mad:

dancjm
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
But he could have been killed.

tod evans
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Rope is not sufficient. Call in Vlad the Impaler. :mad: :mad: :mad: If that were my daughter, that cop would never ever want me to know his location. Fucking coward. :mad:

+rep for Vlad...

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
it looked to me that she was trying to sexually assault him... "ass"ault! did you see how the 15yr old temptress turned her back toward the officer and PRESENTED her buttocks??
come on guys. she was trying to get him to commit adultery!

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
read my above comment and youll see whos fault it really was HB.

Mini-Me
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM
You guys crack me up. Nobody here is surprised by any of this anymore, to the point where if "regular people" read this thread, they'd be SO confused by all of the feigned support for the cop. :p "Officer safety," lol.

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 06:47 PM
You guys crack me up. Nobody here is surprised by any of this anymore, to the point where if "regular people" read this thread, they'd be SO confused by all of the feigned support for the cop. :p "Officer safety," lol.

Quite you. We're trying to bring more into the MOOOOOVEMENT. ;)

bolil
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
He was just trying to keep her safe. If he didn't slam her like that, she might have tripped or stumbled into traffic.
Acted within policy. Guess the policy is all fucked up then. FTR, that hit wouldn't be legal on a Rugby pitch so it shouldn't be legal on the street.

Where is officer friendly on this one?

phill4paul
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
He was just trying to keep her safe. If he didn't slam her like that, she might have chipped and hurt herself.

Acted within policy. Guess the policy is all fucked up then.

Where is officer friendly on this one?

Haven't heard from him in awhile. Possibly a hit and run.

heavenlyboy34
03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
btw, green-when the Civil Service Board makes their decision about this case, plz share it.

Czolgosz
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
It appeared to me that she was going for an assault rifle.

Occam's Banana
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM

Oh. Well, then ... nevermind ...

But Chief Daniel Garcia thought the punishment should be more severe and gave Larrison a 40-hour or 5-day suspension. Typically that's the maximum number of days you can suspend an officer.

Larrison has since appealed the chief's decision and today he went through his first city civil service hearing. [...]

The results of Monday's hearing won't be made public for about a month. That's when the city's civil service board will make a decision.

Gee, I wonder how it will turn out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6LJnc0qoF0Q
http://youtu.be/6LJnc0qoF0Q

Oh yeah, that Philly cop got his job back.

HOLLYWOOD
03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Who's policy, the NFL?NHL... They're allow to fight.

Mani
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Who's policy, the NFL?

Even in the NFL now that would be an illegal hit.......

But police policy......pffffff....she got up under her own power....no split skull, not brains leaking on the sidewalk, no broken bones.....bunch of whiners you all......

dillo
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
If that was my daughter it would be tough not to put a bullet in this pigs skull

kcchiefs6465
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
NHL... They're allow to fight.
Did you see that KO the other day? I knew they could fight but damn, they went at it like it was the UFC.

kcchiefs6465
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Two years later and justus was served.

Proficient.

green73
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
btw, green-when the Civil Service Board makes their decision about this case, plz share it.

You're in Phoenix. Hopefully you'll get word first.