PDA

View Full Version : Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

sailingaway
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
WEST ALLIS (WITI) — A Marine Corps veteran was able to stop a man early Tuesday, March 12th from nearly kicking a woman to death. It happened near 102nd and Lincoln, and Wisconsin’s concealed carry law made his efforts possible.
Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 a.m. along Lincoln Avenue when he saw something on the sidewalk. Blackmore didn’t realize it was a woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach until he got closer.
That’s when he jumped out of his car and sprung into action.
“I said ‘stop’ and he starts coming towards me and that`s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said ‘get down on the ground,’” Blackmore said.
Blackmore held his gun on the suspect and called West Allis police. He says several times while waiting for police to arrive, the attacker moved toward him.
“I mean I’ve already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that. I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasn’t playing around and he didn’t seem like he was playing around,” Blackmore said.
Blackmore says police eventually showed up and had to force the suspect to the ground. They then asked to see Blackmore’s concealed carry permit.
“I put my hands up turned around and said ‘you can grab it out of my wallet.’ Checked my permit, gave me my wallet back, and then interviewed me for their paperwork,” Blackmore said.
West Allis police say that paperwork is not yet available. For that reason, the name of the attacker and his victim have not yet been released.
“She had a really big laceration by her eye and it looked like her nose was broken,” Blackmore said.
Blackmore didn’t catch any names either, but said the victim told him the man is an ex-boyfriend.
“She was not with him anymore and he had stalked her that day or something and he attacked her on her way to work,” Blackmore said.
Blackmore says situations like this are why he supports Wisconsin’s concealed carry law, and the rights of gun owners.
“We do good things. Not all of us are bad or crazy gun nuts. There are good people,” Blackmore said.

http://fox6now.com/2013/03/12/marine-with-concealed-carry-permit-stops-man-from-beating-woman/

tasteless
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
But he might have PTSD so he clearly shouldn't have a gun!

seapilot
03-13-2013, 01:01 PM
The media and leftists says guns were made to kill. There was a gun here and nobody got killed and likely saved a life.

Guns are really about power.

TonySutton
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
The lady should have peed her pants...

DamianTV
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
This is an appropriate time to display the intent and will to use deadly force, in the defense of those who are unable to. I wish more people behaved like this.

aGameOfThrones
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't Frum like this.

mello
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
This literally happened about a 1/2 block east of my family's apartment building. And this wasn't in the hood, it's the suburbs.

jclay2
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Wow, that guy showed some serious restraint in a high intensity situation. Surprised he didn't shoot the attacker when he started moving closer to him.

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
The lady should have peed her pants...

Likely she did.

VBRonPaulFan
03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Wow, that guy showed some serious restraint in a high intensity situation. Surprised he didn't shoot the attacker when he started moving closer to him.

He figured the cops would do that for him once they decided to show up.

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
guns n roses

deadfish
03-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Bump for lots of new information.

It appears Marine veteran Charlie Blackmore has set up a fund to help the victim, Kathy.
Disclaimer: All I know about this is what I've found on the net. Do your own research.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-kathy-heal

Please Help Kathy Heal !

On 3/12/13 Tuesday morning after getting off of work I intervened in a brutal beating of a woman on her way to her factory job. She was incapacitated and unable to defend against her attacker. I stopped the beating and the man was arrested and is being charged with a felony battery charge. The victim's name is Kathy and her battle isn't over yet. She has a shattered left orbital bone in her face and could possibly need reconstructive surgery to fix this. She will no doubt be stuck with the medical expenses unless you can help. Please help Kathy heal inside and out with your support we can do this. I am Charlie Blackmore Jr. a Marine Corps Disabled Veteran and I ask you to be one of the few and the proud. Thank you !

Anything you can donate will help

I am trying to raise at least $35,000 not only to help with the medical expenses but to send her on a vacation with her children to help forget about this horrible morning. Every cent raised will go to Kathy and her children. If we reach the goal I will try to have their time documented on video and shared on YouTube for you all to view what happiness you helped accomplish.

Kathy also takes the bus to work every morning even during the brutal Wisconsin winters. I know it's a stretch but to get her very own vehicle for transportation would just be the cherry on top. Please help in any way you can and if you want to contact me personally I have set up a separate email for anything concerning this incident. Thank you once again for your time. Contact me at ccw.blackmore@yahoo.com for any questions.

This is a real event and here is the proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb9zdr92SY

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/198539501.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/marine-veteran-stops-beating-holds-man-at-gunpoint-qs95000-197766101.html

Also found a story on HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/charlie-blackmore-marine-veteran-draws-gun_n_2891176.html

Charlie Blackmore appears to have commented directly on this story 3 hours ago:

charlieblackmorejr
2 Fans
Unfan
3 hours ago ( 6:37 PM)
Call a spade a spade, and quit with the what IF stories these are the facts...period. IF anyone was around or to stop my constant verbal commands would have informed them as to the situation. Someone holding another at gunpoint that wishes to do harm would NOT be telling them to stop and get down on the ground ! Use your heads and quit bickering. We have more important issues at hand like our rights at stake. Don't fall for the two party division that has tricked many of you "wise people" for so many years. I am simply a man that saved a woman from possibly getting killed by another man and for most of you that's all you need to know. As for the supporters which are by far the greater majority I thank you and ask that you donate to the victim at indiegogo.com. " Help Kathy Heal ! " is the campaign and all the information is on the site coordinator is myself and all proceeds go to Kathy and her children.
Semper FI

For those with a HuffPo account, please reply to him with your support and Flag the abusive comments on the thread.

alucard13mmfmj
03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
That guy showed incredible control and balls to confront the man to save the woman and not to fire until its the last thing to do.

deadfish
03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Um... yeah, I just noticed his shirt.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/MJS_Marine-_nws-_sears-_2-2.jpg

ClydeCoulter
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Great story!

Mani
03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
There was no need for a gun.....she should have used her rape whistle and it would have solved everything.....