PDA

View Full Version : Greg Brannon Needs Name Recognition Help

QWDC
03-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/03/forest-leads-gop-field.html

76% of voters don't know who he is. This is a problem shared by the other candidates in the field, every other is at around 50% unknown, but I fear his campaign will get buried before it even begins if he doesn't get a head start on name recognition. He's not in office so he obviously can't pull off something like a major filibuster, so what can be done to help him out in this early phase of the election cycle?

supermario21
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Op-eds, TV appearances, letters to the editors, stuff like that.

sailingaway
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I posted it with basically that EXACT same comment but buried in a thread. Was too subtle, I guess.

I agree. I really like him and early help is key so the rest of the mob with name recognition doesn't stop him before he can start.

Having said that, PPP's polls are sometimes screwy when not in the target zone for rating polling companies. They skew for their issue polls, I believe.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 12:10 PM
PPP i think will troll until general election season.

FSP-Rebel
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
I see Brannon going around and presenting himself to the grassroots now as a great thing. As things heat up, I'm sure Ron and Rand among others will start getting word out so Brannon can raise the funds necessary to get on the airwaves, tv and radio. He also needs to contact radio personalities and get them to have him on their show and build some relationships with these guys and gals. Also, as mario points out, op eds and tv appearances would help as well. Brannon really needs to be making himself well known at the upcoming state convention and have a grassroots team working over the delegates and guests for support as well as making himself available for media attendees to interview.

Bastiat's The Law
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Brannon needs to do what Rand did in Kentucky. It's about message and mileage. Hone your message and drive all over the state speaking with voters and any group you can get in front of.

lib3rtarian
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Brannon needs to dumb down his message. Just see his latest media appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yHQFKDZm1k

This talk is great in front of your local Tea Party group, but the low-information voter will go WTF. Brannon needs to talk in terms of the economy, jobs etc, and not say SS and Medicare is unconstitutional on TV.

TaftFan
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Brannon needs to dumb down his message. Just see his latest media appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yHQFKDZm1k

This talk is great in front of your local Tea Party group, but the low-information voter will go WTF. Brannon needs to talk in terms of the economy, jobs etc, and not say SS and Medicare is unconstitutional on TV.

I agree that he needs more low information sound bites.

lx43
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Does Ron/Rand Paul know anything about him to get his name out to the grassroots and help to start raising money? I liked all his videos/stance on issues on his website a lot.

JakeH
03-14-2013, 11:10 AM
He's got a couple events up every week, including ACC Tournament viewing parties so he's definitely hitting the grassroots to get his name out there. I haven't found the time to see him yet but if his speeches are more on the philosophical side he's going to want to start talking about issues at hand while incorporating the Founders, the Constitution, etc. Take a page out of Rand's and Cruz's books, both are very good at relating their message.