PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Dick in closed door meeting with Republican leaders

itshappening
03-13-2013, 06:35 AM
POLITICO reports on a closed door meeting with Republican "leaders" featuring former Vice President Dick Cheney. The event even drew "some Democrats". Yes, it's all a sham but rarely do they admit it.

-
Some of the biggest names in Republican politics spent last weekend hobnobbing behind closed doors at a swanky resort on the Georgia coast.

House Speaker John Boehner and former Vice President Dick Cheney were among those at the American Enterprise Institute’s annual forum on Sea Island, Ga., POLITICO has learned.

Capitol Hill was well represented, with Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Reps. Paul Ryan and Jeb Hensarling, and Sens. Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, John Cornyn and Saxby Chambliss.

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch was there, as were plenty of big donors and GOP fundraisers, including Wyoming mutual fund pioneer Foster Friess and top bundler Fred Malek, who leads the Republican Governors Association’s high-dollar-donor program and helps run the big-spending outside group American Action Network.

The event — which was invitation-only, closed to the press, and is reported here for the first time — even drew a few Democrats, including Rep. Chris Van Hollen and White House economic adviser Gene Sperling.

The forum included panels on an array of subjects, including one featuring Ryan and Van Hollen talking about the federal budget, according to someone familiar with it. Boehner participated in a discussion focused on spending, debt and the economy with AEI president Arthur Brooks, said a GOP source. And Graham sat on panels dealing with “the cost of defending America” and another on Iraq and Afghanistan, according to his office.

A representative from Murdoch’s News Corporation declined to comment, and representatives for most of the other attendees did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

AEI’s Judy Mayka also declined to comment, saying via email: “Because the event is private and off-the-record, it’s not appropriate to comment on the content or attendees.”

Last year’s AEI forum was held at a Sea Island luxury resort called The Cloister, which the AEI website boasted sits along “five miles of private beach” and was rented out entirely for the forum.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/john-boehner-paul-ryan-dick-cheney-rupert-murdoch-headline-closed-door-retreat-88776.html#ixzz2NQGLS8y7

itshappening
03-13-2013, 06:41 AM
It looks like they're grooming Van Hollen to be the Democrat leader after Pelosi which would make sense. He's slippery, lying and typically evasive.

Paulatized
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Past history (1910) causes me to get really nervous when politicians and such have closed door, by invitation only meetings on the Georgia coast...............

angelatc
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Good thing that we know drone strikes are illegal.

Bern
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Ted Cruz? I think I'll email his office and ask WTF he was doing there.

itshappening
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM

Cruz is still untrustworthy and they're trying to co-opt him. He can sound neocon at times. I hope Rand can have an influence on him and he can straddle his position. He has no need to get sucked into the neocon war machine. He's totally safe in Texas and can raise plenty of money independent from them.

kathy88
03-13-2013, 09:07 AM

I've been on the record for years saying I don't trust that weasel, and I haven't changed my mind yet.

amy31416
03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Generally I celebrate medical advances, but Cheney should have been dead years ago.

itshappening
03-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Ted was chosen to be vice chairman of the NRSC. Which means he's going to help Jerry Moran (R-KS) with recruiting candidates and doing opposition research on Democrats.

This sounds like a fast track to senate leadership so they must trust him especially to take him to these closed door metings.

I think it's worrying.

After 2016 we should run a campaign to get Sen. Mike Lee into Senate leadership. I think he'd be a great Republican leader after the current bozo's retire.

TheGrinch
03-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Neocons:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/oz-omg1.gif

ZENemy
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
So...Im suppose to consent to a government that meets behind closed doors? Ohhh wait, that's right, I do NOT consent.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 09:49 AM
POLITICO reports on a closed door meeting with Republican "leaders" featuring former Vice President Dick Cheney. The event even drew "some Democrats". Yes, it's all a sham but rarely do they admit it.

-
Some of the biggest names in Republican politics spent last weekend hobnobbing behind closed doors at a swanky resort on the Georgia coast.

House Speaker John Boehner and former Vice President Dick Cheney were among those at the American Enterprise Institute’s annual forum on Sea Island, Ga., POLITICO has learned.

Capitol Hill was well represented, with Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Reps. Paul Ryan and Jeb Hensarling, and Sens. Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, John Cornyn and Saxby Chambliss.

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch was there, as were plenty of big donors and GOP fundraisers, including Wyoming mutual fund pioneer Foster Friess and top bundler Fred Malek, who leads the Republican Governors Association’s high-dollar-donor program and helps run the big-spending outside group American Action Network.

The event — which was invitation-only, closed to the press, and is reported here for the first time — even drew a few Democrats, including Rep. Chris Van Hollen and White House economic adviser Gene Sperling.

The forum included panels on an array of subjects, including one featuring Ryan and Van Hollen talking about the federal budget, according to someone familiar with it. Boehner participated in a discussion focused on spending, debt and the economy with AEI president Arthur Brooks, said a GOP source. And Graham sat on panels dealing with “the cost of defending America” and another on Iraq and Afghanistan, according to his office.

A representative from Murdoch’s News Corporation declined to comment, and representatives for most of the other attendees did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

AEI’s Judy Mayka also declined to comment, saying via email: “Because the event is private and off-the-record, it’s not appropriate to comment on the content or attendees.”

Last year’s AEI forum was held at a Sea Island luxury resort called The Cloister, which the AEI website boasted sits along “five miles of private beach” and was rented out entirely for the forum.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/john-boehner-paul-ryan-dick-cheney-rupert-murdoch-headline-closed-door-retreat-88776.html#ixzz2NQGLS8y7

Like a mini Bohemian Grove, by the sea . . . on the "right" coast.

Seems like Freedom Fighters & Conscientious Objectors . . . y'know, LITTLE PEOPLE . . . could discover the where & when of the NEXT conclave. Aaah, but will Citizens/Humans SAY they have "had it up to here" assemble in protest i.e. AGITATE?

The treacherous impropriety of Elected Officials pow-wow'ing in secret with Special Vested Interests is ONGOING. Why? Because they can "get stuff done" that benefits THEM, without interference OR FEAR.

That EXTREMELY well-compensated American Officials are UTTERLY UNAFRAID to jet-set and hob-nob during the worst economy since the Great Depression...Rulers who PROSPERED by the manmade financial "crisis"...is a testament to generalized COWARDICE among the Ruled.

Purty darn ironic when effete elite Barack Hussein Obama sez America has "gotten a little soft".

That this kinda bullshit occurs with total impunity AND HIGH STYLE is testament to the purposeful emasculation of American Men.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Bill Kristol was there too. Sure he was instructing people not to buy into the "Sound and Fury" of Rand's speech lol.

AuH20
03-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Whne republican leaders tell you to go to something like this, you go. This isn't a big deal.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Whne republican leaders tell you to go to something like this, you go. This isn't a big deal.

When people do as others command, it IS a big deal.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM

When people do as others command, it IS a big deal.

When grown men do as other grown men command, it is an even BIGGER deal.

kahless
03-13-2013, 10:27 AM
I am going to take a guess this is about ensuring Jeb Bush gets the nomination and what they can do to stop Rand Paul.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I am going to take a guess this is about ensuring Jeb Bush gets the nomination and what they can do to stop Rand Paul.

BUSH v. CLINTON has a "nice" familiar ring to it.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
BUSH v. CLINTON has a "nice" familiar ring to it.

This is like one of those nightmarish episodes of the Twilight Zone where your entire life passes you by and the events just keep reoccurring until your inevitable death.

vita3
03-13-2013, 11:35 AM
GOP would currently have the Presidentcy if Cheney was behind iron bars.

Matt Collins
03-13-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDw9xgSmSc

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Pray tell, why on God's green earth would a "Liberty Political Action Committee" gather/assemble/pow-wow/strategerize on the same premises, amid the same venue staff, as Bilderberg Mover-Shakers?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388396-Sept-14-Liberty-Political-Action-Conference-Chantilly-Virginia&highlight=Liberty+PAC+Chantilly

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-richardson/chantilly-laced-holding-b_b_1558425.html

Working Poor
03-13-2013, 03:16 PM
I have no doubt that they are planning how they are going to screw us.

pacelli
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Probably planning the next false flag attack on America.

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh, it was THAT Dick. I'm embarrassed to say this but I read the title of this post too quickly and orginally thought it was about someone's private part being caught in a door! :o

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAk-7F1EVU

Mach
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Here is a basic outline (Part I) of their "talk."

PNAC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century)

PNAC FULL (http://www.webcitation.org/5e3est5lT)

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDw9xgSmSc

OMG! I remember that song when I was living in San Diego back in the 90's! Brings back great memories! Thanks for posting.
God I miss those carefree/ pre - 9/11 days. Sigh....

anaconda
03-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Hopefully someone there will fully apprise Rand of what transpired at this Bilderberg Lite gathering.

anaconda
03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
I guess Cheney's heart transplant is working out well.

KingNothing
03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
I've been on the record for years saying I don't trust that weasel, and I haven't changed my mind yet.

Why do we have to trust or distrust him, or anyone else? The worst case is that he is a politician who will do or say whatever he has to in order to get his bread buttered. If that is the case, we, as voters and donors, need to hold his feet to the fire.

Trust doesn't matter.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Why do we have to trust or distrust him, or anyone else? The worst case is that he is a politician who will do or say whatever he has to in order to get his bread buttered. If that is the case, we, as voters and donors, need to hold his feet to the fire.

Trust doesn't matter.

Trust matters a great deal.

Trusting people baselessly is not kooky-nuts, but DANGEROUS-NUTS.

cheapseats
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Generally I celebrate medical advances, but Cheney should have been dead years ago.

I guess Cheney's heart transplant is working out well.

How much is that organ in the window?
The one with the regular heart raaate.
I do hope that organ's for saaaale.

amy31416
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
The one with the regular heart raaate.
I do hope that organ's for saaaale.

Cheney probably threatened the engineer/surgeon with a shotgun blast to the face and got his robo-heart for free.

itshappening
03-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Did anyone see the second series of "Homeland" when Brody was ordered to kill the Vice President by texting the serial number of his pacemaker to the terrorists?

I wish we could do that to Cheney!

TomtheTinker
03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Probably planning the next false flag attack on America.

No..most these guys are pubic relations.. They have pros in the planning department.

vita3
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
No..most these guys are pubic relations.. They have pros in the planning department.

That's exactly what happened on 911