PDA

View Full Version : (video)For the Record:Glenn Beck

TomtheTinker
03-12-2013, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBXx_2_2j4

For the Record is a pro liberty news/entertainment show that has been around for years. Glenn Beck's Blaze is planning on using the show name for their new program. The video says it all

Article V
03-12-2013, 11:51 PM
"For the record" is an overused phrase and its a cliche title (which is probably a better reason for Beck not to use it). "For the record" is actually one of Greg Gutfeld's banned phrases because it's so overused.

I have never heard of this other non-Beck show "For the Record" or its host until now. (And I follow this stuff.) So it's very possible, even likely, that Beck didn't know this guy/show even existed. Ergo, Beck likely isn't "stealing."

That said, whoever this guy is, he's pretty funny and the video quality is fairly decent; so this may actually be a terrific (if inadvertent) audition piece for Beck's network. (I know I'll check out a few of his episodes.) I can definitely see Beck offering the guy to move his show to TheBlaze (which would give the guy more exposure and give TheBlaze more original content), and that move would obviously cause Beck to rename his new show "For The Record" to some other title as per the guy's suggestion. Everyone wins. So perhaps we should petition Beck for that new show acquisition (Beck is sympathetic to petitions and is having one of his own right now to get cable providers to carry his network).

But seriously, last week when I heard Beck's new show was going to be called "For the Record," my eyes rolled. It's an awful name for any show. Both of them should change both their names to titles more interesting, unique, and identifiable.

TomtheTinker
03-13-2013, 12:46 AM
I came to a similar conclusion and agree with your points. I wasn't saying he was stealing although for the record is pretty popular. I'm not trying to start a flame war just trying to help a fellow rp supporter/freedom lover any way I can.

Check out some of his past videos..pretty good stuff although I do disagree with his pov sometimes.

Article V
03-13-2013, 01:07 AM
I came to a similar conclusion and agree with your points. I wasn't saying he was stealing although for the record is pretty popular. I'm not trying to start a flame war just trying to help a fellow rp supporter/freedom lover any way I can.

Check out some of his past videos..pretty good stuff although I do disagree with his pov sometimes.Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm glad to know about it. If it weren't for the confusion and your post, I'd never know about this dude or his show. I'm happy to watch it if he's a Ron Paul fan.

emazur
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
I have never heard of this other non-Beck show "For the Record" or its host until now. (And I follow this stuff.) So it's very possible, even likely, that Beck didn't know this guy/show even existed. Ergo, Beck likely isn't "stealing."

It was mentioned in the video, but it's featured somewhat prominently on the WND homepage. From what I've seen of him, he's economically libertarian, socially conservative but enforcing social conservatism doesn't seem to be his concern. I think he leans hawkish on foreign policy but it's not a deal breaker for him. So good enough to be aligned w/ Paul though I remember him criticizing Paul in 1 episode for something (not frothing at the mouth though)