PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Glen Beck

goRPaul
11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
He's talking to Anderson Cooper right now about global warming, and he's using the libertarian's argument very well, emphasizing that the government can't do anything. We can all benefit by studying this issue when talking to global warming activists.

fedup100
11-23-2007, 08:50 PM
It's called info, disinfo. Info, disinfo. Info disinfo. You best study the issues from another source and turn the msm off permanently.

ignoranceisntbliss
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
The Right are correct about "Global Warming", but not the "War on Terror". The Left are wrong about their doomsday Global Warming scenario... and somewhat right about the War on Terror. Some are actually right, a few that is, most of the rest dont put as much emphasis on the issue but still support the overall perpetual war bent on global hegemonic domination. The Global Warming Machine is actually an extension of the same premeditation.

dmspilot00
11-26-2007, 12:36 AM
The left and right both want one-world government. They just pick different reasons for it.

jamesmadison
11-26-2007, 12:39 AM
He's talking to Anderson Cooper right now about global warming, and he's using the libertarian's argument very well, emphasizing that the government can't do anything. We can all benefit by studying this issue when talking to global warming activists.

Glenn Beck said we don't know if humans are causing it. That's either a) a lie, or b) stupidity. Science has proven this already, creating a theory known as the greenhouse gas theory that is testable and verifiable. It has almost unanimous support amongst university professors and scientists who study climate change.

Original_Intent
11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
You said I can say what I want about Glen Beck but don't we want to keep the language clean? That's what's known as mutual exclusivity, my friend. :D

ThePieSwindler
11-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Glenn Beck said we don't know if humans are causing it. That's either a) a lie, or b) stupidity. Science has proven this already, creating a theory known as the greenhouse gas theory that is testable and verifiable. It has almost unanimous support amongst university professors and scientists who study climate change.

actually thats BS.. most scientists do support anthropogenic climate change theories, about 2-1, but ALOT of skeptics are actual climate and atmospheric scientists, and meteorologists. Most of the IPCC is NOT comprised of climate scientists, but scientists from other disciplines. Yes, it is the majority view in science, but it is not unanimous, and it is not beyond criticism. Whatever the cause, government is the biggest polluter there is, so for goverment to think it can restrict private citizens in the name of saving the world from climate change while continuing to fight wars and waste resources and pollute, is absurd.

jamesmadison
11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
actually thats BS.. most scientists do support anthropogenic climate change theories, about 2-1, but ALOT of skeptics are actual climate and atmospheric scientists, and meteorologists. Most of the IPCC is NOT comprised of climate scientists, but scientists from other disciplines. Yes, it is the majority view in science, but it is not unanimous, and it is not beyond criticism. Whatever the cause, government is the biggest polluter there is, so for goverment to think it can restrict private citizens in the name of saving the world from climate change while continuing to fight wars and waste resources and pollute, is absurd.

WRONG!

A 2004 essay by Naomi Oreskes in the journal Science reported a survey of 928 abstracts of peer-reviewed papers related to global climate change in the ISI database.[21] Oreskes stated that "Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position. ... This analysis shows that scientists publishing in the peer-reviewed literature agree with IPCC, the National Academy of Sciences, and the public statements of their professional societies." Benny Peiser claimed to have found flaws in Oreskes' work,[22] but his attempted refutation is disputed.[23][24][25] Peiser later withdrew parts of his criticism, also commenting that "the overwhelming majority of climatologists is agreed that the current warming period is mostly due to human impact. However, this majority consensus is far from unanimous."[24]

There are no peer published journals that discuss an alternative hypothesis to the greenhouse gas theory. If you have one, present it or take your pseudoscience else where.

ignoranceisntbliss
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
WRONG!

A 2004 essay by Naomi Oreskes in the journal Science reported a survey of 928 abstracts of peer-reviewed papers related to global climate change in the ISI database.

Her methodology and drawn conclusions from such, in the context of AGW "consensus" is absurd and widely debunked. In fact a recent study using her methodology has 'proven' that there is no "consensus."

Not even tabulating the statements by all of the famous scientist academic groups shows a consensus. To see for yourself check out this analysis:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=8195655&blogID=319432735&Mytoken=FF63452F-FA1A-49B0-8D5C8987FFCEE09341319875

hard@work
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
How can anyone be intelligent and unable to digest the truth about war propoganda? That is why I distrust Beck and anyone else pro-war period. If we did not have information proving that the government was lying and spreading false propaganda I'd be fine for war with everyone.

In fact I'd enlist. I doubt Beck can say the same.

OptionsTrader
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Say what you want about Glen Beck

OK I will.

Glenn Beck has been for years and will continue to be a warmongering demagogue propaganda mouthpiece. And that's why Ron Paul is hesitant to go on this fake Libertarian's show.

The salesmen for the war in Iraq and Iran deserve jail time.

FYI, Ron Paul on Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

DragonTattooz
11-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Glenn Beck is, well, I made a video and posted it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kwTUvJcDcU

jamesmadison
11-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Her methodology and drawn conclusions from such, in the context of AGW "consensus" is absurd and widely debunked. In fact a recent study using her methodology has 'proven' that there is no "consensus."

Not even tabulating the statements by all of the famous scientist academic groups shows a consensus. To see for yourself check out this analysis:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=8195655&blogID=319432735&Mytoken=FF63452F-FA1A-49B0-8D5C8987FFCEE09341319875

Sorry, the scientific community just does not agree with you for good reason - the evidence does not support what you say. They accept man made global warming as fact because this is what the evidence points to. Go to any university and educate yourself.

Brutus
11-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I as just going to take you up on your invitation to say what I wanted about Glenn Beck, but I see someone else already beat me to it. :)

I don't know if the man is on the level or not, and to some extent I don't really care. He is a salesman increasing the speed of the disintigration of this country with his appetite for government spending on needless wars and big brother agencies.

You don't have to hate America to realize that just because America's government does something doesn't make it great.

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Wrong! Scientists are NOT "almost unanimous" about this. The theory has NOT been verified. (Ice core samples show greenhouse gases LAG BEHIND temperature increases. And global warming is happening as fast on Jupiter as it is on earth. IT'S THE SUN (http://www.livescience.com/environment/070312_solarsys_warming.html)!) Finally global warming has given rise to crackpot science. For instance there are scientists who now think cavemen started global warming (http://www.theworld.org/?q=taxonomy_by_date/1/20070927).

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Sorry, the scientific community just does not agree with you for good reason - the evidence does not support what you say. They accept man made global warming as fact because this is what the evidence points to. Go to any university and educate yourself.

And that same university will tell you that the Federal Reserve is "saving" America from another depression even though the Feds helped create the first one. Don't rely on spoon fed information. Do your own research.

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
OK I will.

Glenn Beck has been for years and will continue to be a warmongering demagogue propaganda mouthpiece. And that's why Ron Paul is hesitant to go on this fake Libertarian's show.

The salesmen for the war in Iraq and Iran deserve jail time.

FYI, Ron Paul on Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

Agreed. It is just as rare to find someone who NEVER says something you agree with as it is to find someone who ALWAYS says something you agree with. Glenn Beck is still a jerk even if he does have a sensible position on global warming. That said Beck recently did say something positive about Ron Paul (comparing him to the founding fathers.) So for all those who put pressure on Beck for comparing us to terrorists....THANKS! (And yes I'm thanking EVERYBODY!)

Regards,

John M. Drake