PDA

View Full Version : Scott Romney not running

supermario21
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
http://atr.rollcall.com/source-scott-romney-not-running-for-senate-in-michigan/

Good for Amash. Looks like the first battle over the future GOP foreign policy could be fought here, especially if both Rogers and Amash run.

sailingaway
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
SOME establishment tool will run.

but his name recognition would be an issue.

angelatc
03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Mike Rogers said he's considering it. UGH.

Scott Romney is 71 years old. If anything, he'd be a placeholder.

supermario21
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
We can beat Rogers. Just prove him to be a tool of the establishment. Amash is popular among the base. His best CD's are his own and Huizenga's which are the Tea Party regions of the state.

Miguel
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
No way was Scott Romney running in the first place. Rogers has no chance of winning in a November election.

TaftFan
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Whoever the Democrat is, we need to find some dirt on them and as grassroots run a smear campaign.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Whoever the Democrat is, we need to find some dirt on them and as grassroots run a smear campaign.

It's probably going to be Granholm if she runs. She's Canadian, so that should be used against her.

Uriah
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
It's probably going to be Granholm if she runs. She's Canadian, so that should be used against her.

?? Seriously? Nothing of substance? You're Canadian! /lame

angelatc
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM

Granholm has said she is not running, so unless they sweeten the pot with some killer committee assignments and such, I think she's happy as a media talking head. Gary Peters is the most likely, I think. Debbie Dingell might run - that would be awesome.

supermario21
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I'd honestly set this as no worse than toss-up. Who would we rather get? Dingell or Peters?

PaleoPaul
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Even though I know next to nothing about Michigan politics, I'd say Gary Peters. We don't want a woman running against him because she'd use Amash's VAWA vote to smear him. If you're a Democratic woman, you're 99% likely to be a feminazi.

supermario21
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd rather have Peters, the Dingells (or at least John) are big gun-rights supporters, so I'd rather run against a potential gun-grabber.

compromise
03-13-2013, 02:57 AM
That's good news, but I'm still not sure Amash can actually win this seat. However, after the committee purge, it would probably be worth him giving it a shot.

angelatc
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Even though I know next to nothing about Michigan politics, I'd say Gary Peters. We don't want a woman running against him because she'd use Amash's VAWA vote to smear him. If you're a Democratic woman, you're 99% likely to be a feminazi.

I'd rather run against Dingell. She lost the only two other elections she ran in, while Peters has an electoral record similar to Amash's. He won a race he wasn't supposed to win, then when the GOP tried to district him out, he ousted a long-time incumbent...and is the first white guy to hold that spot in a long time. IMHO he's the most formidable opponent in the general.

sailingaway
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
They are now saying Romney's NIECE is looking at running...

Miguel
03-13-2013, 08:52 AM
They are now saying Romney's NIECE is looking at running...

Not a chance, no Romney will ever win in Michigan, especially someone who has not done anything in Michigan except Chair Michigan Women for Mitt.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Ronna Romney already lost once in a primary. In fact, history could be on its way to repeating itself. She lost the 94 primary to the last Arab-American Republican to win an open Senate seat in Michigan (Spencer Abraham). The dominoes are starting to align. Do it Justin!

angelatc
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Here's an article in the local Patch, already singing the praises of Mike Rogers. If you have a Patch ID, you know what to do.

hxxp://fenton.patch.com/articles/fenton-congressman-leads-new-us-senate-poll?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001#comment_6668787

Miguel
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Ronna Romney already lost once in a primary. In fact, history could be on its way to repeating itself. She lost the 94 primary to the last Arab-American Republican to win an open Senate seat in Michigan (Spencer Abraham). The dominoes are starting to align. Do it Justin!

Justin Amash can win the primary, November 2014 is the issue. If Jennifer Granholm runs Justin Amash should not run for U.S. Senate. Granholm knows Michigan really, really well, she also has big time name recognition. Unlike our currnet Gov. Snyder former two term Michigan Gov. Granholm went everywhere in Michigan. Granholm left her cable TV show early last month in February.