PDA

View Full Version : "Killing Jews is Worship" Ad Campaign on San Fransisco Buses

Miss Annie
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
This is very disturbing and should be brought to the table in the "national discussion" :rolleyes: for gun control.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11/killing-jews-is-worship-ad-campaign-rolled-out-on-sf-buses/

gwax23
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Whats wrong with it?

Smart3
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't have a problem with the ad campaign. Anyone stupid enough to think bin Laden was a Muslim should be laughed at.

gwax23
03-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Privately funded ads on a (private?) bus company bus...whats the problem? The company has final say. If they dont want them they should take them down and repay the people who funded the ads to begin with. If not then theres no issue. We dont some ridiculous law for this.

anaconda
03-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Probably paid for with funds diverted from White House tours.

anaconda
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Anyone stupid enough to think bin Laden was a Muslim should be laughed at.

He was a Muslim. But he had nothing to do with 9-11.

Smart3
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM

He was a Qutbi and was a staunch anti-Imperialist.

He totally rejected Islam and declared that only he and other Qutbis were muslim. 99.9% OF Muslims were not Muslim according to him.

Who gets the final say on who is Muslim? the 99.9%? or the 0.1%?

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Whats wrong with it?

Not surprised you don't have a problem with it.

Neil Desmond
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes, freedom of speech is the law of the land.

There are other things that are the law of the land as well, such as freedom of religion, and getting thrown in prison or executed for murder.

Maybe there ought to be some ads that say "Jews, Christians, and Muslims, you have freedom of religion...so quit being a SLAVE to religion!"

Smart3
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Yes, freedom of speech is the law of the land.

There are other things that are the law of the land as well, such as freedom of religion, and getting thrown in prison or executed for murder.

Maybe there ought to be some ads that say "Jews, Christians, and Muslims, you have freedom of religion...so quit being a SLAVE to religion!"

Remove Jews from that and I'll support it.

jkr
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
i dont want to kill ANYBODY, but it seems like a lot of "people" want to kill me...or milk me like a cow

gwax23
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Not surprised you don't have a problem with it.

Ahh Mr Token the jew hating idiot we meet again. I see you have nothing to add to the conversation as usual.

great more conspiracy theorists just what the libertarian movement needs.

Neil Desmond
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Remove Jews from that and I'll support it.
So Jews don't have freedom of religion? Jews have to be slaves? Why?

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Ahh Mr Token the jew hating idiot we meet again. I see you have nothing to add to the conversation as usual.

I don't hate Jews. My best friend is a Jew and I have a lot of Jewish family. As a Christian, though, I do believe Judaism is obsolete. Nice try with the personal attack.

anaconda
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM

This bus ad ostensibly vilifies Bin Laden precisely for his purported 9-11 involvement. Why would any rational person accept the premise of the bus ad? The false premise is relevant for this bus ad. I didn't design or pay for the ad. I'm only suggesting that the inference is ludicrous.

dillo
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM

As opposed to some cocky retard that gobbles up everything the gov media machine spits out?

dannno
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Wow, those comments are really bad. A bunch of liberals all bent up over jihad, wtf, I have never seen that in my life. I'll bet half the posters are plants, are they trying to get liberals to be pro-military now or what?

gwax23
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't hate Jews. My best friend is a Jew and I have a lot of Jewish family. As a Christian, though, I do believe Judaism is obsolete. Nice try with the personal attack.

" I dont hate jews. I supposedly have a jewish friend and even though im not Jewish I now have a huge jewish family. I dont hate jews its just there all gonna burn in hell for there sins once jesus returns to enact his revenge."

As opposed to some cocky retard that gobbles up everything the gov media machine spits out?

I dont think the government can run a Post Office efficiently yet the genius that you are thinks somehow those same people can pull off the grandest of grandiose conspiracy theories the world has ever seen without so much as a hitch in there plans.

Your problem and the other conspiracy theorists like you is you give government way too much credit... that and the fact that your nuts.

This bus ad ostensibly vilifies Bin Laden precisely for his purported 9-11 involvement. Why would any rational person accept the premise of the bus ad? The false premise is relevant for this bus ad. I didn't design or pay for the ad. I'm only suggesting that the inference is ludicrous.

The bus add was quoting Hamas propaganda. I dont know how Bin laden has anything to do with this. He wasnt mentioned. Besides that I have no problem with what you said my point since my first post in this thread is as long as the private bus company is fine with the ads then there is no issue. Freedom of Speech.

dannno
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
as long as the private bus company is fine with the ads then there is no issue.

It's a muni bus, so it's owned by the people.

In which case I say the ads should be taken down IMMEDIATELY. What a bunch of horse shit.

gwax23
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
It's a muni bus, so it's owned by the people.

In which case I say the ads should be taken down IMMEDIATELY. What a bunch of horse shit.

Privatize the company would be preferable. Then again Im sure this government company is running at a huge loss so they need all the revenue they can get.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
" I dont hate jews. I supposedly have a jewish friend and even though im not Jewish I now have a huge jewish family. I dont hate jews its just there all gonna burn in hell for there sins once jesus returns to enact his revenge."

When have I ever singled out Jews for that? Many Christians, including many Catholics, are going to Hell for their sins. Satan doesn't discriminate, he'll take anyone. Anyone who does reject Christ, though, rejects his salvation. I do not hate Jews or anyone of another faith, and I pray that they may find Christ and be saved.

Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that Almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Almighty and eternal God, who dost not exclude from thy mercy even Jewish faithlessness: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen.

anaconda
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
are they trying to get liberals to be pro-military now or what?

Satire?

anaconda
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
The bus add was quoting Hamas propaganda. I dont know how Bin laden has anything to do with this. He wasnt mentioned.

Bin Laden's picture is prominently plastered all over one of the ad versions (see the picture on the video).

UWDude
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Seattle had a billboard asking for support for Palestinians that was removed because of outcry. It was far less offensive than this.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Seattle had a billboard asking for support for Palestinians that was removed because of outcry. It was far less offensive than this.

The First Amendment should be changed to clarify that criticism of Israel isn't protected as free speech.

anaconda
03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
I dont think the government can run a Post Office efficiently yet the genius that you are thinks somehow those same people can pull off the grandest of grandiose conspiracy theories the world has ever seen without so much as a hitch in there plans.

The folks that work at Raytheon, NSA, etc. are not of the same ilk that populate the post office staff nor the halls of congress. I think a lot of people simply don't realize how incredibly smart a lot of people are.

UWDude
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM

The government has pulled off some wars pretty well recently, and a very convincing propaganda campaign that had Americans convinced Saddam had WMD's and was going to use them. That is a ton of logistics. And the post office has about a 99.95% successful mail delivery rate.

Miss Annie
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
To be honest, I wasn't looking at this from a religious point of view... although it does bother the hell out of me that this can be toted around with no problem, but nativity scenes cause such outrage.
I was however looking at this more from a "criminal" point of view. The last time I checked, murder (of anyone, of any religion) was illegal.
I couldn't imagine gang members running billboard ads saying "bash grandma's head in and rob her blind, might be enough for a sack of crack".

heavenlyboy34
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
:rolleyes: Do you realize that not even the federal government has definitively connected OBL to 9/11? Read his old FBI "wanted" poster.

RickyJ
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
What if it quoted the Talmud and said that to kill a Gentile is nothing. Would you still be disturbed and think that we should have a national discussion over it?

Miss Annie
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
What if it quoted the Talmud and said that to kill a Gentile is nothing. Would you still be disturbed and think that we should have a national discussion over it?
Well, I think if killing is advocated for any reason other than self defense...... it is wrong.
Is this surprising? Does anyone else here think that killing is ok for reasons other than self defense?

RickyJ
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't have a problem with the ad campaign. Anyone stupid enough to think bin Laden was a Muslim should be laughed at.

Anyone stupid enough to think Bin-Laden had anything to do with 9/11 should not be allowed to vote. Bin-Laden most definitely was a Muslim, only a fool would say he wasn't.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile it does not have to be returned.

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

RickyJ
03-12-2013, 06:03 PM

Anyone that criticizes Judaism must be a "Jew hater" to you? You confuse criticism with hate, which means you are not thinking clearly. Come back when your mind clears up.

Smart3
03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
So Jews don't have freedom of religion? Jews have to be slaves? Why?

It's like telling black people to stop being slaves. It is offensive.

There is nowhere in the Talmud where that is said. It's typical anti-semitic propaganda. Quote from a book you've never read.

"Kill anyone who does not accept Jesus as Lord and Savior" - Matthew 18:9

RickyJ
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, I think if killing is advocated for any reason other than self defense...... it is wrong.
Is this surprising? Does anyone else here think that killing is ok for reasons other than self defense?

I agree, killing for any reason other than self defense is wrong. And no reasonable person would disagree with that.

gwax23
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Anyone that criticizes Judaism must be a "Jew hater" to you? You confuse criticism with hate, which means you are not thinking clearly. Come back when your mind clears up.

First people said "Attacking israel doesnt mean we are attacking jews"

now your saying "Attacking Judaism does not mean we are attacking jews"

this is getting more fucking ridiculous with each post.

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile it does not have to be returned.

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
There is nowhere in the Talmud where that is said. It's typical anti-semitic propaganda. Quote from a book you've never read.

Here's the actual Matthew 18:9:

And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Oh and from the Talmud:

'For murder, whether of a Cuthean by a Cuthean, or of an Israelite by a Cuthean, punishment is incurred; but of a Cuthean by an Israelite, there is no death penalty'
http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_57.html

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
First people said "Attacking israel doesnt mean we are attacking jews"

now your saying "Attacking Judaism does not mean we are attacking jews"

this is getting more fucking ridiculous with each post.

Attacking Israel does not mean attacking Jews.

Critique of Judaism isn't attacking Jews as much as critique of Gospel is attacking Christians.

The different between you and I is you're making up quotes.

WHERE AN OX BELONGING TO AN ISRAELITE HAS GORED AN OX BELONGING TO A CANAANITE, THERE IS NO LIABILITY,12 WHEREAS WHERE AN OX BELONGING TO A CANAANITE GORES AN OX BELONGING TO AN ISRAELITE, WHETHER WHILE TAM OR MU'AD,13 THE COMPENSATION IS TO BE MADE IN FULL.

http://www.come-and-hear.com/babakamma/babakamma_37.html

RickyJ
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM

Oh yes there is, and you know it because you are a "Smart3," right?

2. Abodah Zara 26b: "Even the best of the Gentiles should be killed."

Oh, the Jews favorite thing to do, call someone "anti-semitic" because they dare criticize their religion.

And now the "Smart3" lies about New Testament scripture.

Mathew 18:9 "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

You see, you may be a "Smart3" in your world, but not on RFP buddy!

AuH20
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Controversial but not really inaccurate, especially when you examine the source of the quotations. In a PC world we live in, this obviously isn't going to fly.

Smart3
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
What the hell people, I never said that was literally what Matthew wrote. I was saying it was as preposterous as the quotes from the Talmud you had written.

Did you think I picked 18:9 for no reason either?

___

There is no death penalty for an Israelite because the death penalty was abolished by the Sanhedrin around 30CE.

Giuliani was there on 911
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Whats wrong with it?

nothing really, what's wrong is that you're not really allowed to say anything like that about other groups, especially the chosen ones.

Giuliani was there on 911
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Controversial but not really inaccurate, especially when you examine the source of the quotations. In a PC world we live in, this obviously isn't going to fly.

Someone needs to take some quotes out of the Talmud and place them on a bus. I especially love the ones that say Jews are racially superior to all other races and that it's okay to wrong everyone else and treat them like sub humans. Controversial but not really inaccurate, especially when you examine the source of the quotations.

heavenlyboy34
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
When have I ever singled out Jews for that? Many Christians, including many Catholics, are going to Hell for their sins. Satan doesn't discriminate, he'll take anyone. Anyone who does reject Christ, though, rejects his salvation. I do not hate Jews or anyone of another faith, and I pray that they may find Christ and be saved.
Do you disagree with Augustine's doctrine WRT predestination?

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Do you disagree with Augustine's doctrine WRT predestination?

I fully believe in predestination. I also fully believe in free will. Personally I lean more towards Molinist predestination than towards the Thomistic view, although both are completely consistent with Catholic doctrine and Catholics are free to choose between them.

AuH20
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Someone needs to take some quotes out of the Talmud and place them on a bus. I especially love the ones that say Jews are racially superior to all other races and that it's okay to wrong everyone else and treat them like sub humans. Controversial but not really inaccurate, especially when you examine the source of the quotations.

I'm all for it. I think our society should be a marketplace of ideas, regardless who it offends.

Neil Desmond
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
What is the defense for this argument? Seems to me like the only thing that would be offensive is to equate people choosing to be a slave to a religion with being forced to labor against one's will as in the context of pre-civil war era.

Basically, you're not making any sense. If the intention was to offend, then why wouldn't it have also been offensive to Christians and Muslims? Who's really being offensive one way or another by trying to create a disparity between Jews on one hand and Christians and Muslimes on the other, by insinuating that something only offends one group but not another?

Smart3
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
What is the defense for this argument? Seems to me like the only thing that would be offensive is to equate people choosing to be a slave to a religion with being forced to labor against one's will as in the context of pre-civil war era.

Basically, you're not making any sense. If the intention was to offend, then why wouldn't it have also been offensive to Christians and Muslims? Who's really being offensive one way or another by trying to create a disparity between Jews on one hand and Christians and Muslimes on the other, by insinuating that something only offends one group but not another?

One word: Exodus.

Now do you comprehend?

Neil Desmond
03-13-2013, 04:17 AM
One word: Exodus.

Now do you comprehend?
No, I do not comprehend at all. I do not comprenend how that could be an argument - any more than going up to someone like the late Carl Sagan and trying to use the bible as evidence to support creationism, and expecting that to be a serious argument for that to him.

If you're not going to be serious about this, here, entertain yourself with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo

compromise
03-13-2013, 04:49 AM
On RPF, criticism of Jews is commonplace and well-accepted, yet any criticism of Islam makes one a 'neocon'.

gwax23
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM
On RPF, criticism of Jews is commonplace and well-accepted, yet any criticism of Islam makes one a 'neocon'.

Agree its hypocritical. Now its shifted from attacking Israel to attacking Judaism yet still they claim "We arent attacking jews"