presence
03-12-2013, 06:25 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-202_162-10016013-4.html

Papal contender

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/03/02/Maradiaga71183608.jpg
Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga
Credit: KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images

Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga of Honduras

A papabile (papal contender) from the 2005 conclave, the Cardinal of Honduras, 71, is a major figure in the Latin American Church and at the Vatican. Charismatic and popular, Maradiaga has been an outspoken advocate on social justice issues though some say he went too far in 2009 in lending support to a coup in Honduras to overthrow President Zelaya. He has also raised eyebrows by suggesting that Jewish interests were behind the intense scrutiny of the American media's coverage of the sex abuse crisis.

More papal contenders:

http://t.co/9WZ2WzpV7h
(http://t.co/9WZ2WzpV7h)

Cardinal Peter Kodwao Appiah Turkson of Ghana

[] caused controversy for his endorsement of a
"world political authority"
to regulate the economy

See post#13 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407266-Cardinal-Rodriquez-Jew-Media-Hyped-Catholic-Sex-Abuse&p=4919325&viewfull=1#post4919325) for a paper trail on the comments

gwax23
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Seems like business as usual at the catholic church.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
This guy has no chance at becoming Pope, and I'm glad he's not, he's a progressive "social justice" advocate.

But there is a lot of truth to what he said.

shane77m
03-12-2013, 12:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/10/27/savile-vatican-knighthood.html

The Vatican said Saturday it never would have given Jimmy Savile his papal knighthood had it known of allegations the British TV star was a child sex predator, but that it can't rescind the honor now that he has died.

A pope can retire but they can't remove a knighthood?

gwax23
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
This guy has no chance at becoming Pope, and I'm glad he's not, he's a progressive "social justice" advocate.

But there is a lot of truth to what he said.

Truth to what he said? You mean the bullshit Jewish Conspiracy theory to make up the sex abuse scandal to bring down the catholic church.

I cant tell if your just a bigot or just retarded. Thanks for the neg rep by the way.

Kotin
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
lol.

Napolitanic Wars
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
This is why the very idea of an elite priesthood perturbs me. There are always a few bad apples, but the way the Catholic Church had reacted and still does react to the scandal is disgusting. Smug, elitists who should be putting coins in the coffers to pay for their indulgences.

amy31416
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Blame the Jews, not the priests who destroyed children and adult's lives because of their perverse desires?

Makes me wonder if this guy's trying to deflect because of his own guilt

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Not trying to defend this Cardinal or the Catholic Church, but the thread title is more inflammatory than the article, and neither include actual quotes.

The thread itself is ironic. Do religions "oppose" each other? By definition they are competitors. Even without the spiritual aspect, is the Catholic Church a "powerful" organization, that may be competing with other power centers?

Let's say we had a media outlet dominated by Hindus, which was critical of Muslims. And then a Muslim representative said that they were picking on them because the media outlet was run by Hindus. Would this accusation and counter-accusation be surprising? Outrageous? Out of line? Untrue? Criminal?

As far as the topic of taking sexual advantage of children, it's a good bet that it isn't isolated to the Catholic Church.

Kotin
03-12-2013, 12:50 PM
As far as the topic of taking sexual advantage of children, it's a good bet that it isn't isolated to the Catholic Church.

yes but there is a huge difference here.. Jewish Rabbis are pretty much required to be married.. catholic priests are forbidden. bad idea.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
yes but there is a huge difference here.. Jewish Rabbis are pretty much required to be married.. catholic priests are forbidden. bad idea.

Not all Catholic priests are celibate and countless studies have shown that there is no link between celibacy and pedophilia/sexual abuse/homosexuality and that the prevalence of sexual abuser in the Catholic Church is no higher than in other faiths or in society in general.

eating_nachos
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM

What's your point?

presence
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Not trying to defend this Cardinal or the Catholic Church, but the thread title is more inflammatory than the article, and neither include actual quotes.

I got you to click on it boss. Thanks for visiting.

keyword:

"Jewish interests encouraged extra media attention on church sex abuse scandals"
all 1292 news sources » (https://www.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=Cardinal+Rodriguez:+Jewish+interests+encouraged+ extra+media+attention+on+church+sex+abuse+scandals .&ncl=dL-EGvVtqeE4K-MqBPIY0SAD80rvM&cf=all&scoring=d)

I looked for tube / fulltext... nothing that I see.

I know the comments were made in 2002; he's now a candidate for Pope.

In 2002, Rodriguez set off a tempest in the United States by comparing media criticism of the Catholic Church in light of the sex abuse scandals to persecutions under the Roman emperors Nero and Diocletian, as well as Hitler and Stalin. He suggested that the American media was trying to distract attention from the Israel/Palestinian conflict, hinting that it reflected the influence of the Jewish lobby.

Those comments brought angry protests from both sex abuse victims and the Jewish Anti-Defamation League. Earlier this month, the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests put out a statement including Rodriguez on a list of candidates for the papacy with a troubling record on the abuse crisis.
Rodriguez later said in an interview with NCR that his intent was to draw attention to the suffering of peoples in the Third World, suggesting that the massive media attention to the scandals in the American press was disproportionate.

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/papabile-day-men-who-could-be-pope-11

Italian-Catholic publication “30 Giorni,”
http://rehmat1.com/2013/02/18/jews-against-cardinal-rodriguez-for-pope/

I get the sense the comments were in Italian which is why they are difficult to find.

presence
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
dp

amy31416
03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Not all Catholic priests are celibate and countless studies have shown that there is no link between celibacy and pedophilia/sexual abuse/homosexuality and that the prevalence of sexual abuser in the Catholic Church is no higher than in other faiths or in society in general.

Of course there's no link between celibacy and sexual deviancy, celibate people don't have sex.

I'm not so sure that pedophilia isn't more prevalent among Catholic priests than clergy of other religions though. I'd look it up, but the internet's quirky today.

pcosmar
03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
What's your point?
there is no sound logical reason for it.

Sexual repression leads to sexual deviance.
That's Human Nature.

Having a whole political hierarchy,, and religious "authority" work deliberately to cover it up is concerning.

gwax23
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
The problem here is this Cardinal was downplaying the pedophilia and sex scandal and blaming it on "the jews"

TokenLibertarianGuy said there was a lot of truth in that statement and now is trying to divert the topic by saying the catholic church is no different from other religious institutions. I cant recall anything close to the scale of whats been going on in the Catholic church in any branch of Judaism, and definitely no huge cover up. I am interested in hearing the theory that "the jews" have anything to do with Catholic Priests molesting altar boys.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I got you to click on it boss. Thanks for visiting.

Yes, you did.

I guess the other detail is that he is not being considered right now for Pope? At least that's what I get from the 2005 reference:

A papabile (papal contender) from the 2005 conclave

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM

Well, coaching sports and being involved in Boy Scouts are two other ways that same-sex pedophiles get access to kids and younger people. How many of them are married?

Being a teacher results in a lot of access to younger people. It's been the lady teachers that have gained some notoriety lately doing that. And some (most?) of them have been married too.

presence
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I guess the other detail is that he is not being considered right now for Pope? At least that's what I get from the 2005 reference:

hmmm

I took that to mean he was also a candidate in 2005. Kind of like during the 2012 campaign Ron Paul's resume included "2008 presidential contender".

tasteless
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
there is no sound logical reason for it.

Sexual repression leads to sexual deviance.
That's Human Nature.

Then why are married men more often sexual predators than celibate priests?

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
hmmm

I took that to mean he was also a candidate in 2005. Kind of like during the 2012 campaign Ron Paul's resume included "2008 presidential contender".

Cardinal Rodriquez, the new Pope?

So since he was in the running, the OP article was nothing more than a last minute smear campaign. The US media does love to try to manipulate elections.

presence
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
OP article was nothing more than a last minute smear campaign. The US media does love to try to manipulate elections.

so you're saying the cardinal was correct?

;)

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Blame the Jews, not the priests who destroyed children and adult's lives because of their perverse desires?

Makes me wonder if this guy's trying to deflect because of his own guilt

I actually think it's a little of BOTH.

1. The horrors of child sexual abuse can exist in any religion. Celibacy within the Catholic church has nothing to do with this kind of disgusting, evil behavior.

2. Also, It's the Marxist doctrine to destroy any foundation of God/religion in this country - NOT true Torah Jews, but certainly those that control the media are part of it. Pat Buchanan outlines this marxist agenda very well in his book "Death of America." Like it or not, the Catholic Church WAS the moral/spiritual foundation in this country. Just look at the movies from the 30's-50's. I watch classic movies from that time period on TCM and I never realized how many movies included a Catholic element to it from showing families going to church or Priests being a main character in storylines.

Just one example of its early moral influence:

The Catholic Church had a huge influence in reversing the pre-code films:

.....Pre-Code films began to draw the ire of various religious groups, some Protestant but mostly a contingent of Roman Catholic crusaders. [297] Amleto Giovanni Cicognani, apostolic delegate to the Catholic Church in the United States, called upon Roman Catholics in the United States to unite against the surging immorality of films. As a result, in 1933 the Catholic Legion of Decency, headed by the Reverend John T. McNicholas (later renamed the National Legion of Decency), was established to control and enforce decency standards and boycott films they deemed offensive.[298][299] They created a rating system for films that started at "harmless" and ended at "condemned", with the latter denoting a film that was a sin to watch.[300] The Legion spurred several million Roman Catholics across the U.S. to sign up for the boycott, allowing local religious leaders to determine which films to protest.

h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Code_Hollywood

liveandletlive
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Then why are married men more often sexual predators than celibate priests?

Rabbis are allowed to marry yet the Orthodox Jews also have a sexual predator problem

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM
so you're saying the cardinal was correct?

;)

Not based on the headline.

But the fact that the media has political agendas is undeniable. Ron Paul supporters know that as much or more than anything.

2. Also, It's the Marxist doctrine to destroy any foundation of God/religion in this country

There we go, that's one agenda of many.

- And as I said earlier, the Catholic Church represents power, so the establishment media would want to destroy that competing power, by lessening the power of the Catholic Church, or by co-opting it and directing it.
- Those of competing religions (or atheists) could have the same motivations.
- And never underestimate the desire to eliminate morality, so that immorality can become normalized, especially at the higher levels.