PDA

View Full Version : Far Left Southern Poverty Law Center Puts “Singing Nuns” on Hate Groups Map

itshappening
03-12-2013, 04:12 AM
This is interesting as it destroys their credibility even more (like they had much)

-
Outrageous… The far left Southern Poverty Law Center has once again put the “Singing Nuns” on its hate group map.

Here the Singing Nuns from Spokane sing “Ave Maria.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8Vg3TErGo

A typical hate group, huh?

The Singing Nuns are traditional Catholic Sisters, members of the Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen. In other words, they wear their full-length blue habits all the time — not just on special occasions or when they are singing. Their motherhouse, St. Michael’s Convent, is located at Mount St. Michael, just north of Spokane, Washington.

The far left says these traditional Catholic nuns are a hate group.

The Spokesman-Review reported, via Free Republic:

What do the Aryan Nations, the Ku Klux Klan and the home of Spokane’s Singing Nuns have in common?

They’re all on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s map of “hate groups” in the Northwest.

Mount St. Michael, home to a Latin Rite or Tridentine Catholic church, school and convent north of Spokane, has been listed since 2006 by the law center as a radical traditional Catholic group and accused of anti-Semitic activities.

Last week, the law center released the annual update of its “hate map” of groups around the country, which includes an interactive, easy-to-use online graphic. Mount St. Michael is one of 16 organizations mapped for Washington, sharing the state listing with a potpourri of neo-Nazi, Klan, Christian Identity, black separatist, white nationalist and racist skinhead groups.

The Alabama-based watchdog organization defends the St. Michael listing, but it surprised one of its local allies and prompted one longtime critic to say the center was showing its political bias.

The Rev. Casimir Puskorius, pastor of Mount St. Michael, calls the listing “very unfair” and contends it’s a result of a liberal organization taking issue with the teachings of a conservative Christian group.

“We considered suing them, some years ago, but they have more resources than us,” Puskorius said.

In February a deranged domestic terrorist who shot up a conservative group’s headquarters in Washington DC, admitted he got his information from the far left SPLC.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/outrageous-far-left-southern-poverty-law-center-puts-singing-nuns-on-its-hate-groups-map/

amy31416
03-12-2013, 05:48 AM
I wondered when the burka/nun's habit thing would cross over. There really isn't much difference in the style of dress.

That said, the SPLC has gone too far for too long. Who funds these idiots?

Working Poor
03-12-2013, 05:51 AM
They claim to be funded by donation and say they receive no government funding.

tod evans
03-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Just for Morris Dees and his batch of race-baiters;

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

acptulsa
03-12-2013, 06:44 AM
They claim to be funded by donation and say they receive no government funding.

And yet government 'fusion centers' like the Missouri IAP wind up copying their documents almost word for word without copyright infringement even being brought up. Which leads me to believe that Dees and his crowd have another way to define 'purchases' by government entities than 'funding'...

Origanalist
03-12-2013, 06:48 AM
And yet government 'fusion centers' like the Missouri IAP wind up copying their documents almost word for word without copyright infringement even being brought up. Which leads me to believe that Dees and his crowd have another way to define 'purchases' by government entities than 'funding'...

You are right, they are in bed together somehow. I'm sure we may never know exactly in what manner though.

Spikender
03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
As with many groups and politicians recently, the SPLC has become a parody of itself.

There's no way anyone takes them seriously.

But then again, I'm dealing with the human race here, and I'm always... *ahem* pleasantly surprised.

S.Shorland
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Why 'Southern POVERTY Law Center'?

HOLLYWOOD
03-12-2013, 08:19 AM
SPLC top dictators that call the shots, have their main hidden agenda pushing Cultural Marxism.

You really have to look at the overall objective... There are greater forces that control the divide of America... their job is to keep the divide as polarized as possible. So while the "Black & Red" mundane ants squabble and fight over bread crumbs, they are systemically being raped of their rights and wealth.

Look at all the left groups, then look at how TPTB co-opted the Tea Party/Constitutionalists organizations, turned it into the Nationalist Fascist movement.

SPLC is just another partisan crafted front to divide...

A simply adolescent analogy: watch the next time kids(TPTB) play with those 100s of plastic toy people/soldiers: Blue vs. Grey... Green vs. Grey, Blue vs. Reds & Pinkos, White vs. Brown.

The only time government wants the people united is to vote for them or go to war for them.

Bern
03-12-2013, 09:02 AM
As of October 2008, the group's net assets were $170,240,129. Chief Counsel Morris Dees was paid $273,132 and the President and CEO, Richard Cohen, was paid $290,193. Total revenue in 2007 was $44,727,257 and program expenses were $20,804,536. In other words, they raised twice as much they spent. Fund-raising and administrative expenses were $9 million, leaving $14 million to be put into the center's vast assets. [18]

According to a March of 2007 article in Harpers Magazine by Ken Silverstein, the SPLC combats mostly impotent groups like the Nazis and the Klu Klux Klan; raising obscene amounts of money by hyping fears about their power and influence. Hence, they have become the nation's richest "civil rights" organization. In 1978, when their treasury held less than $10 million, Mr. Dees vowed they would stop fund-raising and live off interest when they hit $55 million. A decade later, the goal was upped to $100 million. The group's newsletter promised that this amount would allow it "to cease the costly and often unreliable task of fund raising."[19]

SPLC is a tax-exempt, charitable organization incorporated in 1971 under tax code 501(c)(3). In the fiscal year ending in 2009, the group's assets totaled at $189.7 million dollars. ...

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Southern_Poverty_Law_Center#Fund_r aising.2C_assets_.26_program_expenses

Google reveals a lot of speculation that the SPLC has received funding from Soros.

oyarde
03-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Homeland Security.Are safe enough yet?

acptulsa
03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Why 'Southern POVERTY Law Center'?

Initially because they figured calling themselves the Southern Black Law Center would seem as racist as the groups they set out to oppose. Either that or Dees was brilliant enough to realize that it would give them the perfect cover to carry water for the wealthy and powerful. In any case, it did turn out to be the perfect cover...

oyarde
03-13-2013, 10:47 AM
///

compromise
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/summer/meet-the-patriots/the-enablers

The SPLC had an "intelligence report" back in 2010 that identified 5 key "far-right enablers" - Ron Paul, Paul Broun, Michele Bachmann, Glenn Beck and Andrew Napolitano.

This "civil rights group" are complete idiots.

jmdrake
03-13-2013, 11:11 AM
As with many groups and politicians recently, the SPLC has become a parody of itself.

There's no way anyone takes them seriously.

But then again, I'm dealing with the human race here, and I'm always... *ahem* pleasantly surprised.

Sadly I still see them occasionally quoted in the lamestream media....which is part of the reason why nobody takes the lamestream media seriously anymore.

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I wondered when the burka/nun's habit thing would cross over. There really isn't much difference in the style of dress.

That said, the SPLC has gone too far for too long. Who funds these idiots?

This website is an excellent resource for anyone interested in the truth about the SPLC:

Fighting 'Hate' for Profit and Power: The SPLC's Political Agenda Up Close:

h ttp://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc_20_3/tsc_20_3_vinson.shtml

kcchiefs6465
03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
For example a North Carolina-based group calling itself "Granny Warriors" appears on the SPLC list of active "patriots."

But founder Linda Hunnicutt says her organization is harmless.

"I am deadly!" she joked. "I'm 74 years old. I have COPD. I have congestive heart failure. I'm sewing a quilt."

Hunnicutt acknowledges she's no friend of the federal government, but, she wishes no harm on anyone.

"All these people that want to bomb places and kill children, come on," she said. "Who would be in sympathy with them?"

Hunnicutt said she and her group just want Uncle Sam to leave them alone. When Granny Warriors showed up on the SPLC list, Hunnicutt said she wasn't surprised. But it made her wonder, "Is this all they have to do?"
Yes, 'Granny Warrior,' that's all they have to do.

hxxp://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/us/splc-extremist-groups-report/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

AgentforPathfinder
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
I've NEVER met a member of any of this shit that the SPLC rant about, except for one ex-con ex-dealer who had tiny SS lightning bolts tattooed on himself (he wasn't even racist he just did it to survive in prison). From the way they write their articles you'd think these people were ALL OVER THE PLACE. They barely even exist.

Extremist hate groups at an all time high? What extremist groups? Who? Where are they?

I did go to one NRA-type meeting once. Everyone there was a frumpy dorky chubby harmless hillbilly. Far from the violent image of Edward Norton in American History X they want you to image are running rampant all over the country.