PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Gun Control Colorado Senator Faces Recall (VIDEO)

sailingaway
03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
State Senate Democratic President John Morse, of Colorado Springs, is facing a recall effort for his support of controversial gun control laws.

“On Friday the Basic Freedom Defense Fund (BFDF) formed a local committee for recalling Morse, the group claims around sixty-volunteers representing state organizations and local businesses have pledged support for the campaign. The effort was inspired by several laws proposed by democrats that would put tighter restrictions on guns including expanded background checks and limits on ammunition magazines.

“‘That’s why politicians around the country don’t want to stand up for this issue, but this is a political hill in my view that’s worth dying for so that we can make sure others don’t die literally at the point of a gun,’ Morse said on Sunday. ‘I wasn’t expecting things to get this divisive, I really thought that after Sandy Hook even the NRA recognized we’ve got to do something, we can’t leave it exactly where it is with the status quo and claim that’s leadership.’

“Morse was specifically targeted because of a measure he proposed that would hold owners of ‘assault weapons’ liable for damages caused by their guns. That bill has since been withdrawn, but that hasn’t stopped the BFDF from trying to remove Morse.”

video at link: http://www.guns.com/2013/03/11/pro-gun-control-colorado-senator-faces-recall-video/

Origanalist
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
He should be glad we no longer tar and feather.....

libertyjam
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Also in CO., how many saw this?

BREAKING: Colorado Anti-Second Amendment Legislator’s Criminal Record Exposed

By: Kyle Forti (Diary) | March 6th, 2013 at 08:00 PM |

According to a Colorado Bureau of Investigations report obtained by Media Trackers, State Representative Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora) was arrested in 1976 on a charge of larceny and again in 1991 on a charge of shoplifting. Despite her own criminal record, Rep. Fields has sought to limit the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

An apparent mugshot of Fields was posted to the Magpul Industries Facebook page by a private user after legislation to limit gun magazine capacity, which was cosponsored by Fields, drove the company to announce that it was closing its doors in Colorado and moving out of state.

Rep. Fields has sponsored multiple gun control bills currently under debate in the Colorado Legislature, including legislation to ban on magazines with the capacity to hold more that 15 rounds, criminalize the private sale or transfer of a firearm without a background check,ban on concealed carry permits on the college campuses, and increase background check fees.

Fields has also co-sponsored Sen. Evie Hudak’s legislation which would not only strip anyone subject to a restraining order of their Second Amendment rights, but would also require the same to relinquish any firearms they own to the state.

Sen. Hudak has recently been in the national spotlight for remarks she made to rape survivor Amanda Collins. During testimony from Collins which detailed how her attacker was able to target her while she was unarmed due to a campus ban on concealed carry in Nevada, Hudak told Collins that “actually statistics are not on your side even if you had a gun.”

Additionally, Fields was the sole sponsor in the House to sign on to Sen. John Morse’s (D-Colorado Springs) legislation to institute civil liability on firearms manufacturers, sellers, and owner for any damage incurred through the use of their firearms.

Despite her criminal history, Rep. Fields has previously received campaign donations from the Aurora Police Association.

Media Trackers attempted to contact Fields at her office multiple times, but the Representative was unavailable for comment as the calls were unanswered.

http://www.redstate.com/kforti/2013/03/06/breaking-colorado-anti-second-amendment-legislators-criminal-record-exposed/

Why can't she be recalled too?

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Gun-rights activists turn in signatures to recall Sen. John Morse (http://gazette.com/gun-rights-activists-turn-in-signatures-to-recall-sen.-john-morse/article/1501540)

DENVER - More than 16,000 signatures were submitted in three boxes Monday afternoon to the Secretary of State in an effort to recall Senate President John Morse, D-Colorado Springs.

Of those, 7,178 must be valid signatures of registered voters in Morse's district in southwestern Colorado Springs. The Secretary of State has 15 days to verify the signatures.
Read more... (http://gazette.com/gun-rights-activists-turn-in-signatures-to-recall-sen.-john-morse/article/1501540)

This is also the same twisted piece of work who did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cJWKg_p3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cJWKg_p3s

Comeuppance buddy. I bet Kenny is celebrating somewhere.

GunnyFreedom
06-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Get involved here. I hear there are 3 or 4 more in progress around the State:

http://gotremorse.com/

DamianTV
06-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Make sure you're armed with good counter-arguments.

The best that I've heard is that the only people affected by Gun Control Laws are people who obey the Laws. It really doesnt do anything to the Criminals, neither the ones who mug you, or wear a badge as an excuse to physically abuse you.

If anyone has any better Anti Gun Control arguments, or have a better way of phrasing or paraphrasing the above, please share.

TruckinMike
06-04-2013, 07:02 AM

The best that I've heard is that the only people affected by Gun Control Laws are people who obey the Laws. It really doesnt do anything to the Criminals, neither the ones who mug you, or wear a badge as an excuse to physically abuse you.

If anyone has any better Anti Gun Control arguments, or have a better way of phrasing or paraphrasing the above, please share.

Other than your above arguments...

My question that I use often is:

Me: Can you predict the future?
Them: uhm no
Me: neither could our founding fathers
Them: whats your point
Me: The right to bear arms codified a natural right of self defense against any person, animal, or government. I can't predict the moment a thief decides to rob me, or a grizzly makes an attack, nor when a government turns tyrannical. As a result of that fact, it would be immoral for anyone to remove the right of self defense from any one of the threats. In 30 years, 40 years or in one hundred years our children's children may be lined up at some ditch ready to be executed. To remove their right of self defense is wrong, unethical, and immoral. Just like it was wrong of Joseph Stalin to outlaw arms for the farmers in the Ukraine, or Hitlers ban on guns for Jews, or the Armenian ban on guns for Christians. Each of those events preceded mass genocide of peaceful people. I'll go one further --> governments killed over 100 million NON-combatants in the last century. Governments don't change. People don't change. Its the nature of the beast. So will your great grand-children curse you from the future?

This approach only works on people that can accept facts of history. Many anti-gunners live in a make believe reality. Thus the problem.

jmdrake
06-04-2013, 07:19 AM

Sure. The VA tech shooter had more kills with two handguns than any of the assault rifle shootings. So banning assault rifles doesn't mean the end of mass shooting.

There's also the school shooting you never hear about that happened at the Appalacian school of law. Why do you never hear about it? Because three law students, two armed with a gun he retrieved from his car, stopped the shooter after he had killed 3 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting
On January 16, 2002, 43-year-old Nigerian former student Peter Odighizuwa[1][2] arrived on the Appalachian School of Law campus with a handgun.[3] Odighizuwa first discussed his academic problems with professor Dale Rubin, where he reportedly told Rubin to pray for him.[3] Odighizuwa returned to the school around 1 p.m. and proceeded to the offices of Dean Anthony Sutin and Professor Thomas Blackwell, where he opened fire with a .380 ACP semi-automatic handgun. According to a county coroner, powder burns indicated that both victims were shot at point blank range.[3] Also killed was student Angela Dales. Three students were wounded.

When Odighizuwa left the building where the shooting took place, he was approached by two students with personal firearms[4] and one unarmed student.[5] There are two versions of the events that transpired at that moment, one by Tracy Bridges and one by Ted Besen.

According to Bridges, at the first sound of gunfire, he and fellow student Mikael Gross, unbeknownst to each other, ran to their vehicles to retrieve their personally-owned firearms[6] placed in their glove compartments. Mikael Gross, a police officer from Grifton, North Carolina retrieved a 9 mm pistol and body armor.[7] Bridges, a county sheriff's deputy from Asheville, North Carolina[8] retrieved his .357 Magnum pistol from beneath the driver's seat of his Chevrolet Tahoe.[9] Bridges and Gross approached Odighizuwa from different angles, with Bridges yelling at Odighizuwa to drop his gun.[10] Odighizuwa then dropped his firearm and was subdued by several other unarmed students, including Ted Besen and Todd Ross.[11]

According to Besen, before Odighizuwa saw Bridges and Gross with their weapons, Odighizuwa set down his gun and raised his arms like he was mocking people.[12] Besen, a Marine veteran and former police officer in Wilmington, North Carolina, engaged in a physical confrontation with Odighizuwa, and knocked him to the ground. Bridges and Gross then arrived with their guns once Odighizuwa was tackled.[5] Additional witnesses at the scene stated they did not see Bridges or Gross with their guns at the time Besen started subduing Odighizuwa.[13] Once Odighizuwa was securely held down, Gross went back to his vehicle and retrieved handcuffs to detain Odighizuwa until police could arrive.

Police reports later noted that two empty eight round magazines designed for Odighizuwa’s handgun were recovered. Most sources (including those quoting Virginia State Police spokesman Mike Stater) state that when Odighizuwa dropped the gun the magazine was empty.[14] A report by another witness' hometown newspaper, a month after the shooting, suggested that the gun still held three cartridges.[15]
Aftermath

Initially in 2002, Odighizuwa was found to be incompetent to stand trial and was referred for psychiatric treatment. After three years of treatment and monitoring, in 2005, Odighizuwa was found mentally competent and pleaded guilty to the murders to avoid the death penalty. Odighizuwa received three life sentences and an additional 28 years without the possibility of parole.

The shooting was cited by John Lott[16] and others[17] as an example of the media's bias against guns, describing how the use of a firearm in a defensive role was not reported in most news stories of the event.[18]

After the shooting, students at the law school planted trees in memory of Sutin, Blackwell, and Dales on the school's front lawn. The school's student services office and scholarship program were named for Dales, along with County Highway 624 in Buchanan County, Virginia. Faculty fellowships at the school were named for Sutin and Blackwell.[19] The school's Phi Alpha Delta chapter is named for Sutin[20] while the Phi Delta Phi chapter is named for Blackwell.[21]

Really, a documentary of this shooting needs to be made and every time any pro-gun politician or pundit talks about gun violence they need to mention this incident. That would shut the Piers Morgans of the world up for good.