PDA

View Full Version : Best progressive defense of Rand I have ever read - Conor Friedersdorf in The Atlantic

jct74
03-11-2013, 02:59 PM
there is too much good in this article to even pick out some excerpts, this guy just totally demolishes the mainstream media treatment of Paul (and even libertarians in general) particularly in regards to the overblown coverage of his CRA comments in the Maddow interview, and stresses what an important voice he is in the senate that doesn't get the credit he deserves from progressives. it's a really long article but worth the read and good to bookmark for the future for any liberals that try bring up the CRA or some other BS whenever Rand does something really great, or for anyone just uncomfortable about his CRA remarks in general.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/03/how-the-establishment-press-got-rand-paul-wrong/273880/

jct74
03-11-2013, 11:38 PM
bump for anyone that hasn't checked out this article yet, it is well worth the read and this Conor Friedersdorf guy deserves some credit, he has been writing a lot of good articles lately about Rand and civil liberty issues and what a fake Obama is (who he refused to vote for), i don't think there is anyone on the left i respect more at the current moment except for Glenn Greenwald.

Cowlesy
03-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks -- will check this out! Conor Friedersdorf always seems to give old school conservatives a fair shake.

Cowlesy
03-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Great article. It has been refreshing to see liberal journalists pointing out serious media bias on Paul.

kathy88
03-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Great read. Thanks for posting.

itshappening
03-12-2013, 04:40 AM
I posted some thoughts on this article here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407209-Some-thoughts-on-The-Atlantic-article

I still don't know why he went on Madcow's show in the early days. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Maybe Matt can find out for us. That will get dragged up endlessly during the presidential campaign you can bet on it and so will dozens of other "logical conclusion" questions.

No Free Beer
03-12-2013, 07:52 AM
is the Atlantic a progressive magazine?

Cowlesy
03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
I posted some thoughts on this article here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407209-Some-thoughts-on-The-Atlantic-article

I still don't know why he went on Madcow's show in the early days. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Maybe Matt can find out for us. That will get dragged up endlessly during the presidential campaign you can bet on it and so will dozens of other "logical conclusion" questions.

Oh well. After that interview, Rand went on to absolutely annihilate his opponent in the general. Rand and team certainly have demonstrated quite a bit of political skill.

itshappening
03-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Oh well. After that interview, Rand went on to absolutely annihilate his opponent in the general. Rand and team certainly have demonstrated quite a bit of political skill.

True, there's nothing we can do about it now but I just know they will drag this up and use it against him in the future.

This is why we need to warn any prospective candidate not to go near the propaganda and smear machine that is MSNBC.

hillertexas
03-12-2013, 08:31 AM
thanks! i need this ...