PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising for Rand

Cowlesy
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I want to make a brief post to open up for ideas about fundraising (for the PAC and Senate account). It is a given that Rand's campaign via major contributers/volunteers will do a lot of the lifting, but there is no reason we cannot organize and do our own fundraisers. I am sure that if we get enough pledges and contributions, we can certainly have him out for a visit.

That being said, things need to be planned geographically. Certain places are bigger honey-pots than others, but a few major contributors can make a difference in creating an event in a place in a less geographically-relevant area.

Does anyone have thoughts on fundraising, has participated in list-building etc? I really don't think we can start early enough in building war-chests.

Few things probably drive us all nuts more than banging the tin cup for donations, but I feel like we need to grit our teeth and do it.

If the thread does anything, it puts the idea in folks' minds, and that we'll need all the help we can find.

itshappening
03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
it's way too early for us to organize fundraisers, let him do his own. If you want to chip in nothing stopping you!

He doesn't really need the money now. His PAC is quite healthy and i imagine so is his campaign account.

He'll need millions for the presidential race and when he announces he'll get it.

Cowlesy
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
it's way too early for us to organize fundraisers, let him do his own. If you want to chip in nothing stopping you!

He doesn't really need the money now. His PAC is quite healthy and i imagine so is his campaign account.

He'll need millions for the presidential race and when he announces he'll get it.

And no one is stopping me from posting this thread. So you go do your thing, and I'll go do my thing.

kathy88
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Why are you in every thread talking about fundraising for Rand and trying to dissuade people from doing it? If I went back through your posts which I won't because I don't care enough, I KNOW that there are many instances of you trying to tell other people on this forum what to do with their money, and you really need to just stop and STFU about it, k? We are well aware that 2014 candidates are going to need our support. You sound just like a lib, accusing us of not being able to manage our own money. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Or are you so used to telling people what to do that it's natural?

Lucille
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Considering we had a hell of a time funding Ron's last campaign, it's never too early to start.

The '07 moneybombs were so much more successful than during Ron's last run. I know the economy was so much worse this time, but do you think that was the only reason? Or did he get about the same amount of money, but donations were spread out?

itshappening
03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Why are you in every thread talking about fundraising for Rand and trying to dissuade people from doing it? If I went back through your posts which I won't because I don't care enough, I KNOW that there are many instances of you trying to tell other people on this forum what to do with their money, and you really need to just stop and STFU about it, k? We are well aware that 2014 candidates are going to need our support. You sound just like a lib, accusing us of not being able to manage our own money. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Or are you so used to telling people what to do that it's natural?

I'm just trying to calm people down. There's no presidential campaign for 2 years. People tend to get ahead of themselves. They want the excitement of a campaign now because of the filibuster but there's really no point.

If you want to do something for Rand go to CPAC and vote for him in the straw poll and promote him among the activists there :)

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 02:12 PM
I'd like to see some creative fundraising besides money bombs. I've always wanted to have competition between the grassroots on garage saling. "Downsizing for Rand Paul" or something like that. Organized regionally and top 3 regional winners get a visit from Rand and some lessor prizes for 4-10. It would have to be organized with Rand and Co. so I'm not sure about the legallity of it.

I also think about Ebaying/Craiglisting for Rand contests similar to it.

I like these ideas because everybody can participate by getting rid of unused items without taking money out of pocket.

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm just trying to calm people down. There's no presidential campaign for 2 years. People tend to get ahead of themselves. They want the excitement of a campaign now because of the filibuster but there's really no point.

If you want to do something for Rand go to CPAC and vote for him in the straw poll and promote him among the activists there :)

We need a huge war chest built up and I don't think we are a day to early thinking about it. I've already donated twice to Rand in the last few weeks. I was ready to start working on fundraising in Nov :p.

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Just thought of something else. Now that Ron isn't in office maybe he can be available to be the prize for contest fundraising :D

kathy88
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see some creative fundraising besides money bombs. I've always wanted to have competition between the grassroots on garage saling. "Downsizing for Rand Paul" or something like that. Organized regionally and top 3 regional winners get a visit from Rand and some lessor prizes for 4-10. It would have to be organized with Rand and Co. so I'm not sure about the legallity of it.

I also think about Ebaying/Craiglisting for Rand contests similar to it.

I like these ideas because everybody can participate by getting rid of unused items without taking money out of pocket.

I think the garage sales are a great idea. How about running with the "stand with Rand" theme, and taking pledges for the amount of time one can "stand." Like the old dance marathons? Outside courthouses would probably be attention getting, and if we could do it on a national scale, on the same day......

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I think the garage sales are a great idea. How about running with the "stand with Rand" theme, and taking pledges for the amount of time one can "stand." Like the old dance marathons? Outside courthouses would probably be attention getting, and if we could do it on a national scale, on the same day......

I like where yours is going also but think it might be too pushy and seem wierd to the onlookers this early on before the race actually starts. A good thought for 2016 when it makes sense to the casual observer? Your idea also made me think of a Run with Rand walk-a-thon. People pledge $ for how many miles one can walk. I'm good for at least 15 miles :D.

kathy88
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I like where yours is going also but think it might be too pushy and seem wierd to the onlookers this early on before the race actually starts. A good thought for 2016 when it makes sense to the casual observer? Your idea also made me think of a Run with Rand walk-a-thon. People pledge $ for how many miles one can walk. I'm good for at least 15 miles :D.

We definitely need to do this at some point. Run with Rand is great. I can walk a bunch, especially since I found out I don't need knee surgery last week :)

TaftFan
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Well right now I think the money is more likely to be spent on Rand's causes, like the foreign aid ads. I don't see him saving it yet.

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
We definitely need to do this at some point. Run with Rand is great. I can walk a bunch, especially since I found out I don't need knee surgery last week :)

Then there's biking. Maybe Ron would join one of the groups of bikers :D.

We need to contact Ron and Co, and see if he is willing to be first prize for some of the fundraising contests.

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Well right now I think the money is more likely to be spent on Rand's causes, like the foreign aid ads. I don't see him saving it yet.

That's fine with me. It's all going to be advertising for Rand in one form or another and going to the cause however he decides to spend it. His PAC needs $ to fund other liberty candidates also.

Michigan11
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
I like Cow's thinking here, bring it into our minds now to start brainstorming, by gathering and working on others we know locally that are donors to not only our movement but republican donors we know as well. This campaign is going to stretch well beyond our base this time. Basically begin to start coralling an effort in the making to get our own donor lists of people who are ready and willing to get an influx of funds ready to roll. This really is what we need to be doing. I like it.

FSP-Rebel
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I'd say that continuing the networking with other conservatives and local republican party member, voters and local officials is a good way to keep the Rand momentum going at one's local level and as he stays a long term favorite amongst these people, they'll be ready to pitch in along the way to Rand's causes and also be there to donate to the inevitable prez candidacy. Conversely, this will also keep their minds out of the mainstream bs and build solid allies for years to come.

PatriotOne
03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Bumping for more fundraising ideas.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm just trying to calm people down. There's no presidential campaign for 2 years.

No, but there is a big election in 2014 and Rand has a PAC to help out other libertarian/conservative/constitutionalist candidates. The more candidates Rand can help win the better his chances in 2016 (not just for endorsement, but also to bring the GOP more towards his positions).

anaconda
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
It will be interesting to see how and to what extent Rand attempts to utilize the "money bomb." If he is to be a viable POTUS candidate the "money bomb" will likely only be an incidental piece of the fundraising pie. Yet, successful ones can be highly touted as measures of enthusiasm in the grass roots and the common American citizen. I fully expect Ron to be instrumental in spearheading the money bombs for Rand. Unless Rand decides to let it be completely organic.

MelissaWV
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM

And some of us are very likely to make more money before then. I agree with others that you seem to pop up everywhere telling people to "save up" rather than help out now AND later. Good ideas actually do take time to develop.

MelissaWV
03-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Be careful with the standing contests. You will need people to sign waivers ahead of time, because if people get ill from standing around for hours and hours without peeing, or eating or drinking much, you leave yourself open to litigation without those pieces of paper. I do think it's a good idea. There are contests like this where people have their hands on a car or whatever and then they win the car; the liability issues shouldn't be too different, and there's got to be a radio show or similar type thing that would lend coverage and sponsorship.

HOLLYWOOD
03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Running through the blog-a-sphere and social media... the Obamabots are chattering about how Rand Paul used the 13 hour filibuster as a fundraiser... and Marxist media outlets are exploiting the Paul email fundraiser message he sent out.

Megaphone in full force against Rand... as for NEWSCORP, well they continues to the push of the crony establishment idiots.

Because of McCain-Feingold Act, it will be another nationwide grassroots movement to help Rand in whatever he politically pursues.