PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul VS Establishment Candidates

fearthereaperx
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
How do we avoid a repeating scenario of a saturated tea party/liberty field sharing the large portion of votes and a singular moderate taking the rest like Mitt Romney did last year? I could see Jon "Don't call me crazy, I believe in Science" Huntsman fill that void and take New Hampshire.

Or will we see an opposite scenario take place where all the big name heavy hitters( Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels, Condelezza Rice, Jindall etc) dilute the establishment republican vote and Rand Paul running away with the tea party/liberty voting bloc?

dinosaur
03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
How do we avoid a repeating scenario of a saturated tea party/liberty field sharing the large portion of votes and a singular moderate taking the rest like Mitt Romney did last year? I could see Jon "Don't call me crazy, I believe in Science" Huntsman fill that void and take New Hampshire.

Or will we see an opposite scenario take place where all the big name heavy hitters( Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels, Condelezza Rice, Jindall etc) dilute the establishment republican vote and Rand Paul running away with the tea party/liberty voting bloc?

Good point, they usually have a bunch of liberty wing conservatives on reserve for just such situations, but some are losing their cred. Huckabee is trying to keep his by praising Rand. I like that Rand has started early because any that come forward now will hopefully be seen as competitiors to a unified tea party vote.

supermario21
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
If Huckabee keeps praising Rand, that will take the wind out of the sails of a guy like Santorum. It also helps that Steve Deace in Iowa is a big Rand guy, so there might not be room for the "evangelical" candidate. I honestly think the 16 field will be smaller than 2012, mostly because the candidates will be better (as in more powerful of course).

CaptUSA
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM
The problem with Ron was that he was unacceptable to the average FOXnews GOP voter. As these people went from one candidate to the next, they never even considered Ron Paul.

That will not be the case with Rand. In fact, quite the opposite. Once they begin to consider him, they will stick around. I wouldn't worry about turning people on to Rand right now... Just make sure he stays acceptable.

itshappening
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
I think Rand will stand out on his own. Most of them are going to look stale compared to him especially when you imagine the debates getting under way.

I really think it's his to lose. They can't throw much at him and whoever it is has to beat him in Iowa AND New Hampshire. They don't have anyone who can do that, ergo Rand is the favorite. He just needs to reach out to the various factions and solidify his support and there's plenty of time to do that.

When the campaigns get under way the others will look lame and stale compared to Rand.

He'll have the best ads, he'll be the best candidate and he'll be holding large rallies with lots of excitement generated.

itshappening
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
I do find it difficult how anyone can still his thunder.

I thought at one point Rubio would but after his GOP response he's just no good on the big stage. He's too young and green and no matter how much the media wish it he won't be an effective campaigner in the rural counties of Iowa or New Hampshire. Rand is a far better campaigner and Rubio has his neocon war-everywhere foreign policy to defend. America has moved on and will have more so in 2016.

The establishment is in a tough spot hence their whining and bitching from people like Kristol but Rand doesn't expect to get their praise, he just needs to have the actual objective media cover him and they're paying increasing notice. If you think this week has been anything wait until he's leading in the polls and campaigning in Iowa they will be all over him and every network will assign a reporter just to cover his campaign.