PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What State Do You Call Home? (Alabama--Kentucky)

James Madison
03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm splitting this poll into thread separate threads since I'm allowed a maximum of 20 option poll options. I'll post the links to the other threads below.

I thought this would be useful for networking purposes in the future. Also, I'm looking for a place to relocate to in the next several years. Nice to know what states are populated by liberty-minded individuals.

Louisiana--North Dakota http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407081-Poll-What-State-Do-You-Call-Home-(Louisiana-North-Dakota)

Ohio--Wyoming http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407086-Poll-What-State-Do-You-Call-Home-(Ohio-Wyoming)

MelissaWV
03-10-2013, 08:05 PM
erm... creepy poll is creepy.

James Madison
03-10-2013, 08:09 PM
erm... creepy poll is creepy.

I thought it would be a cool way for us to network with people in our area. To each their own, I suppose.

oyarde
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
What is home :) , where I was born ? where all of my property taxes go ? The State half of my Family was originally from before the Revolution?

James Madison
03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
What is home :) , where I was born ? where all of my property taxes go ? The State half of my Family was originally from ?

Home is whatever you want it to be.

Seems I'm 'creepy' for asking, though.:rolleyes:

oyarde
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM

I know you are OK.

ItsTime
03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
stalker! :toady:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-10-2013, 09:07 PM

As oyarde was saying, I think, Some of us have philosophical issues with state allegiance. This would be an easy question to answer if you and all of your relatives have lived in one state for as far back as you care. It can get quite complicated otherwise.

James Madison
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
As oyarde was saying, I think, Some of us have philosophical issues with state allegiance. This would be an easy question to answer if you and all of your relatives have lived in one state for as far back as you care. It can get quite complicated otherwise.

Oh. I'm looking to relocate in several years. Need to see where like-minded people reside. So, wherever you live.

I was inspired by this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407002-5-Best-Countries-to-Move-to-Before-Collapse-of-the-West

ronpaulfollower999
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Land of flowers.

oyarde
03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh. I'm looking to relocate in several years. Need to see where like-minded people reside. So, wherever you live.

I was inspired by this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407002-5-Best-Countries-to-Move-to-Before-Collapse-of-the-West You already live in one of the better areas.....

oyarde
03-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Land of flowers.

Land of Indians.:) The orange blossoms are nice , but I would rather eat the grapefruit down there...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM

I was inspired by this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407002-5-Best-Countries-to-Move-to-Before-Collapse-of-the-West

I understand. I picked where I wanted to live and moved there. Things have changed since then, but that's what I did at the time.

James Madison
03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
You already live in one of the better areas.....

Yeah, Indiana isn't bad. I'd like a more spacious, secluded plot of land, if possible.

oyarde
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Indiana isn't bad. I'd like a more spacious, secluded plot of land, if possible.

You should look around out towards Starlight, Salem , as far North as Jennings County , lots of land, fairly reasonable , low taxes .....

VoluntaryAmerican
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
How do you folks in Indiana like it there? seems like a decent place for liberty-minded.

PeaceRequiresAnarchy
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Like-minded people reside in New Hampshire, home of the Free State Project.

I'm sure you knew that, but I thought I'd remind you. It is the place to be. Peace.

oyarde
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
How do you folks in Indiana like it there? seems like a decent place for liberty-minded.

You would probably like the being let be part better than NJ , but there are few perks to the cities , if you want a decent museum you have to go to Indianapolis , State Capitol.The Rural life is better than avg though.

James Madison
03-10-2013, 10:44 PM

Indiana isn't bad. I live in the southwestern corner of the state, just outside the city limits of Evansville. The southern half of the state has a completely different culture from the northern half.

Quark
03-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Pennsylvania, not the best state in terms of big government, but also not the worst. Actually quite good for the Northeast. As for everything else, I love it. It's very beautiful and peaceful in the rural areas, and the cities while ultra-liberal/progressive are alright as well.

opal
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
I didn't find it creepy.. it's not like anyone asked for GPS coordinates

oyarde
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Indiana isn't bad. I live in the southwestern corner of the state, just outside the city limits of Evansville. The southern half of the state has a completely different culture from the northern half.

Very true , the Southern half is better.

Keith and stuff
03-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Like-minded people reside in New Hampshire, home of the Free State Project.

I'm sure you knew that, but I thought I'd remind you. It is the place to be. Peace.

Hello to the yeah. I recommend that people either live in New Hampshire or the Shire. Pick your poison :)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Very true , the Southern half is better.

I'd call the northern half a little stuffier and less redneck. I'd personally much rather live in Kentucky or Tennessee.

The thing with these "freedom" indexes and such, is that they often don't mean much on a micro level, besides some of the most foul laws and tax rates.