PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party Coming Apart Or Just Revealing A Truer Face?

osan
03-10-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/10/House-GOP-leaders-we-can-pass-gun-control

belian78
03-10-2013, 10:08 PM
There are many threads that make up the overall tapestry of our country that are unraveling. I hope this division in the GOP is genuine, it would be a source of cautious optimism.

acptulsa
03-11-2013, 03:36 AM
"Or"? "Or"?

The fact that they're overreaching so hard that the mask is slipping is the very reason the GOP is coming apart.

Don't stop pulling now. Once we pull that mask completely off and the rank and file can see just how liberal neocons really are, all the GOP base will belong to us.

osan
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
There are many threads that make up the overall tapestry of our country that are unraveling. I hope this division in the GOP is genuine, it would be a source of cautious optimism.

That was my other concern - that this is all theater. It would not surprise me in the least to find that it was indeed the case. As with you, I hope to be proven wrong and that it is in fact genuine. Let them fail utterly so that all the stoopid Republicans will be left with no choice but to go elsewhere. The question then is, where?

thoughtomator
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Boehner is fulfilling my prediction that the elites would band together across party lines to shut out the reformers in both parties.

brushfire
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Holes in the establishment hull are exposing the party, as they try to repair/regroup. They are getting despondent - as seen with various local GOP leadership tantrums, and most recently with Graham and McCain.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking we're very close to critical mass right now, just in time for 2014/16. Not to say that we're hitting easy street, not by any stretch. Just saying this beast is reacting to the blows we've been delivering. To me, that is very invigorating. "...an irate, tireless minority".

DamianTV
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
A Turd by any other name will still smell like Shit.

The Republican Party needs to do one of two things, either change their name to the Facist Party, or start behaving like Real Republicans and represent the People.

The Republican Party has very few Real Republicans in it.

Matt Collins
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
The GOP is not monolithic. Even the "establishment" isn't always monolithic.