PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky's Establishment GOP Jumping on Rand Train With Party Resolution.

BamaFanNKy
03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
WHEREAS, on March 6, 2013, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky took a principled stand when seeking clarification to his questioning of Executive authority and American drone policy; and

WHEREAS, Senator Paul led a nearly 13-hour filibuster on the floor of the United States Senate, which ignited a grassroots phenomenon across the country, striking a chord with so many Americans yearning to see elected leaders stand on principle; and

WHEREAS, this filibuster, lasting 12 hours and 52 minutes, is recorded as the ninth longest speech in the history of the United States Senate; and

WHEREAS, Senator Rand Paul took a bold stand in support of the United States Constitution and against unchecked Executive power; and

WHEREAS, the Republican Party stands for the Rule of Law and a limited, constitutional government; and

WHEREAS, Senator Rand Paul was aided in this principled endeavor by Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Mike Lee, 10 of his Senate Republican colleagues, one Democrat member of the Senate, as well as Kentucky Congressmen Thomas Massie and Andy Barr; and

WHEREAS, by Thursday, March 7, 2013, the White House relented on Senator Rand Paul’s request by affirming the Obama administration definitively rejected the use of drone strikes against non-combatant American citizens on American soil; therefore, be it

RESOLVED, the Republican Party of Kentucky applauds Senator Rand Paul for his courageous efforts; and

FURTHER RESOLVED, the Republican Party of Kentucky recognizes Senator Rand Paul as a shining example of Republican leadership and thanks Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and the 13 other Senators who came to his aid; and

FURTHER RESOLVED, the Republican Party of Kentucky calls on all Republican elected officials to follow Senator Rand Paul’s example by continuing to fight for principle.

Unanimously adopted by the Executive Committee of the Republican Party of Kentucky in a special meeting held on March 10, 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/republican-party-of-kentucky-official-page/resolution-in-support-of-senator-rand-paul/10151343913236194

kathy88
03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Damn.

Sola_Fide
03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Sheep.

supermario21
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
This is just like the clip where Mitch McConnell brags about Rand and Tom Massie...who woulda thunk that 2 years ago or even a few months back?!

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Sheep.

We need sheep in the movement, if only for their votes.

Inkblots
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM

You said it, friend.

Uriah
03-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Awesome.

anaconda
03-11-2013, 12:20 AM

This is something that is not talked about enough. If you cede the low information vote to your opponent, you lose. The message needs to have a dumbed down version that is widely circulated, and in a very appealing way. The low information vote counts just as much as the PhD political scientist's. We need everyone on board.

eleganz
03-11-2013, 12:38 AM
I thought this filibuster thing was gonna be big but I didn't think it was 'state republican party resolutions in support of rand paul big'

TheTexan
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM

The problem with sheep is that they are easily distracted. I am very pleased to see Rand herding them so well, but I fear there is a long time between now and 2016, many opportunities for them to get distracted, many squirrels to see

TomtheTinker
03-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Vote and money.

J_White
03-11-2013, 02:07 AM
The problem with sheep is that they are easily distracted. I am very pleased to see Rand herding them so well, but I fear there is a long time between now and 2016, many opportunities for them to get distracted, many squirrels to see

i agree with that, people who take stands on spur of the moment emotions are easily swayed - we recently saw that when in the last GOP Presidential primary, Santorum came to hold the "CONservative" mantle and took many states !