PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush: "I Don't Think There's Any Bush Baggage At All"

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Jeb Bush: "I Don't Think There's Any Bush Baggage At All" (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/03/10/jeb_bush_i_dont_think_theres_any_bush_baggage_at_a ll.html)

CHRIS WALLACE, "FOX NEWS SUNDAY" HOST: Let me ask you a couple of more questions about the logic of whether or not you would run in 2016. Some people say that obviously you are proud of your family, their accomplishments but the question is would it be a political burden? I think it is fair to say that when your brother left the presidency, he was somewhat unpopular. We looked around the most recent polls and they show that 46% view him favorably, 49% view him unfavorably. Do you think that there is Bush baggage? Do you think that would be a problem?

JEB BUSH: No, I don't think there is any Bush baggage at all. I love my brother, I'm proud of his accomplishments. I love my dad. I am proud to be a Bush. And if I run for president, it's not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it, it would be that it's the right thing to do for my family, that the conditions are right and that I have something to offer. If I don't run, I have a blessed life. I can continue to do what I'm doing now, work on education reform and advocate the policies that I believe in and also, a little private life and that decision will happen as I said later on.

Video at link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/03/10/jeb_bush_i_dont_think_theres_any_bush_baggage_at_a ll.html

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/56164_o.gif

kahless
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k

Krzysztof Lesiak
03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Jeb is a fucking neocon. If he runs Rand will wipe the floor with his sorry ass ;)

Fivezeroes
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
The fuck, the US is becoming a hierarchy... How many damn bitches with the name of Bush need to be president?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
And if I run for president, it's not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it, it would be that it's the right thing to do for my family...

Chalk one for accidental honesty.

Michigan11
03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Bush 1 was horrible mistake, Bush 2 was a horrible mistake. These two were enemies of conservatism and took the entire party to where it is today. If another Bush runs, republican voters will leave the party. Democrat voters will easily win and be energized to get anyone in but another Bush.

If Bush were to challenge Rand, Rand I would hope would be the GOP nominee obviously, but if Bush won the nominee, like I said in another thread, it would be time to hit the streets. It is unthinkable if the people are this stupid to even throw any support behind this cocksucker. I'm pissed just thinking about this.

CPUd
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Jeb is like a smart version of his brother. One could say he's equipped with an onboard Cheney.

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM
JEB BUSH: No, I don't think there is any Bush baggage at all

Maybe he's right. His father, his brother, no problems there. And no one remembers his other brother Neil either...

Neil Bush was a member of the board of directors of Denver-based Silverado Savings and Loan during the 1980s' larger Savings and Loan crisis. As his father, George H.W. Bush, was Vice President of the United States, his role in Silverado's failure was a focal point of publicity. According to a piece in Salon, Silverado's collapse cost taxpayers $1.3 billion.[3]
The US Office of Thrift Supervision investigated Silverado's failure and determined that Bush had engaged in numerous "breaches of his fiduciary duties involving multiple conflicts of interest." Although Bush was not indicted on criminal charges, a civil action was brought against him and the other Silverado directors by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; it was eventually settled out of court, with Bush paying $50,000 as part of the settlement.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Bush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savings_and_loan_crisis

awake
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
You can't swat away the knaves and fools fast enough. Like flies on a pile of dung.

kcchiefs6465
03-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Bush 1 was horrible mistake, Bush 2 was a horrible mistake. These two were enemies of conservatism and took the entire party to where it is today. If another Bush runs, republican voters will leave the party. Democrat voters will easily win and be energized to get anyone in but another Bush.

If Bush were to challenge Rand, Rand I would hope would be the GOP nominee obviously, but if Bush won the nominee, like I said in another thread, it would be time to hit the streets. It is unthinkable if the people are this stupid to even throw any support behind this cocksucker. I'm pissed just thinking about this.
A select few would disagree with you.

I really couldn't see America electing another Bush. I'm thinking a woman or young Hispanic is going to be the logical place this deception heads towards..

thoughtomator
03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Jeb firmly established to the American people today that he is either a) delusional; or b) a baldfaced liar.

Another win for us!

James Madison
03-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Keep in mind, people, that the GOP electorate just nominated a former Gov. of the most liberal state in America, the author of an assault weapons ban and the forerunner to Obamacare. Before that, they ran a pro-amnesty hawk who, more recently, defended the use of armed drones in the skies of America. Critical thinking isn't their strong point.

thoughtomator
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Keep in mind, people, that the GOP electorate just nominated a former Gov. of the most liberal state in America, the author of an assault weapons ban and the forerunner to Obamacare. Before that, they ran a pro-amnesty hawk who, more recently, defended the use of armed drones in the skies of America. Critical thinking isn't their strong point.

Yeah but losing twice to Obama has really shaken things up. The GOP environment is very very very different than it was a year ago or five years ago.

RickyJ
03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
And if I run for president, it's not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it, it would be that it's the right thing to do for my family, that the conditions are right and that I have something to offer.

The right thing to do for his family?

Very telling, what about the country Jeb?

Occam's Banana
03-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, just shoot me in the head ...

Dianne
03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
LMAO.... You just come out the door Jeb... We will bitch rape you, just like your retarded brother bitch and father bitch raped thousands of innocent women and children... just to get "you know's" private handgun for Georgie's collection.

Bush's... the most disgusting family of maggots that ever lived... Get some bug spray................ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

What do you do for those disgusting groups of knats? Bottom dwellers... frute flys, etc. Too many of them around these days...

Dianne
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
So rumors running rampent that Jeb going to run in 2016... ... what is our game plan? The Bush family and Obama work in concert.. maybe Obama is fathered by one of the Bush pimps... who knows. I know whoever Obama claims to be his father and mother doesn't ring true...

So say, Obama was the byproduct of a rape or sexual misconduct from possibly "Prescott" Bush? How much longer is the Bush dynasty of grade D+ students going to govern the USA ... Just curious... Obama, George, George Sr., Jeb .. these guys are lucky to find their way home at night... The lot should be collecting social security disability for their handicaps...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, just shoot me in the head ...

Be careful what you ask for. That's what you'll get when they're not fooling you too.

rubioneocon
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Jeb is a fucking neocon. If he runs Rand will wipe the floor with his sorry ass ;)

Jeb Bush is the only one on the tube today that sided with McCain and Graham in their assessment of the
"11.5 hr Rand and 1+ hr Cruz filibuster"

Jeb is toast before this has even started . . .

Christian Liberty
03-10-2013, 07:44 PM
So Jeb Bush is proud of mass murder. Congratulations.

I have mixed feelings on amnesty, on the one hand, it does undermine the law, and I do think to some extent we do have a right to regulate the border, but on the other hand, immigration is unnecessarily difficult and mass deportation is clearly impossible. Amnesty would at least make sure they're contributing to the tax base. At the very least "Pro-amnesty" as a criticsm in the same sentence as "War" and "Drones" really underscores the seriousness of war hawkishness and drone strikes. I'm pro making legal immigration as easy as possible, but its also a relatively minor issue to me when compared with the other stuff.

Mach
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Jeb was a member, agreed with all of this, so, hold him to it....

Project for the New American Century (PNAC) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century)

Future biological weapons that can "target" specific genotypes

Critics of the Project for the New American Century, including Austin American-Statesmen book reviewer Kip Keller, highlighted the following quote from PNAC's report "Rebuilding America's Defenses":

And advanced forms of biological warfare that can “target” specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool.

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Jeb Bush is the only one on the tube today that sided with McCain and Graham in their assessment of the
"11.5 hr Rand and 1+ hr Cruz filibuster".

On one show today, Jeb said he looked forward to working in a bipartisan manner with Graham, McCain and Flake on immigration "reform".

Working Poor
03-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I swear I don't think ya'll have learned yet that the Bush dynasty owns the Republcan party nobody can win the nomination for president that is not owned by the Bushs

Occam's Banana
03-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Jeb said he looked forward to working in a bipartisan manner with Graham, McCain and Flake

*facepalm*

HOLLYWOOD
03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe he's right. His father, his brother, no problems there. And no one remembers his other brother Neil either...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savings_and_loan_crisisSavings & Loan Scandal was the scrimage game to the 2008 meltdown. Most people in this country do not realize, the FDIC/US Treasury and Congress, then too, stuck that bailout bill to the US taxpayers. There's a $3 Billion /year charge on the US Treasury's books for the S&L bailout. Congress gave them like $50 Billion up front, and then charged another $100 Billion from the gamblers, stuck the debt / fiscal destruction to Americans. The charge-off is complete (I think) in 2021

mosquitobite
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM
On one show today, Jeb said he looked forward to working in a bipartisan manner with Graham, McCain and Flake on immigration "reform".

How is it bipartisan when they are all SUPPOSEDLY of the same "party"?

And this guy is the smarter one? Seriously?

rubioneocon
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM

I swear I don't think ya'll have learned yet that the Bush dynasty owns the Republcan party nobody can win the nomination for president that is not owned by the Bushs

and Jeb got added into CPAC as well . . .
he has a flip-flopping book on immigration according to some commentators today
we acknowledge that the GOP establishment will still be trying to twart us fer sure,
but Rand was getting a very fair assessment overall in the tube/cable media today imho

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2013, 09:14 PM
How is it bipartisan when they are all SUPPOSEDLY of the same "party"?

And this guy is the smarter one? Seriously?

They are the ones who will work with Democrats in a bipartisan manner.

Philhelm
03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't know if I could live with a President named Jeb. I can see it now; fifty years in the future when Sid Meier's "Civilizations XIV" has Jeb, Leader of the American Empire as one of the available leaders.

rubioneocon
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't know if I could live with a President named Jeb. I can see it now; fifty years in the future when Sid Meier's "Civilizations XIV" has Jeb, Leader of the American Empire as one of the available leaders.

I had to go look this up after reading your post . . .
it's . . . John Ellis Bush aka Jeb Bush, born February 11, 1953.