PDA

View Full Version : Deace: If the Iowa Caucus was Tomorrow there would be a RANDSLIDE

itshappening
03-10-2013, 01:26 AM
chortle.

-
“If the Iowa caucuses were tomorrow, (Paul) would win in a landslide,” Steve Deace, an Iowa talk radio host, told POLITICO.
-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL6LH6ufhM

itshappening
03-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Just checked google search. This things has legs. There are local papers all over America covering Rand Paul and the filibuster.

This is so epic. Everyone will see this including those who didn't watch the news in the week when it was going on. They will see it on the comedy shows and in their Sunday newspapers. My god.

I've never seen anything get such wide attention politically since Romney was making a fool of himself and he was campaigning for the presidency as the GOP nominee.

This is huge.

NY-Dano
03-10-2013, 01:39 AM
From his website:

What we saw last night was one man’s crusade – if for only one night – bringing the ruling class to its knees. We saw Rand Paul bend Washington, D.C. to his will. We saw him grab them by the throat and force them – milquetoast RINO Mitch McConnell and liberal statist Dick Durbin alike – to respond to him.

When was the last time a Republican in the nation’s capitol did that on a matter of public policy? Has McConnell, the Republican leader in the U.S. Senate, ever done that? What about Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner? We already know the answer. The last time a Republican in the beltway moved heaven and earth on a matter of public policy was when George W. Bush wanted to invade Iraq.

Let’s hope this turns out better than that.

http://stevedeace.com/news/national-politics/president-rand-paul/

Lots of good stuff in there.

Sentinelrv
03-10-2013, 01:42 AM
All I want to know is when we will have 2016 polls so we can guage the impact of the filibuster.

itshappening
03-10-2013, 01:52 AM
All I want to know is when we will have 2016 polls so we can guage the impact of the filibuster.

The polls are irrelevant at this moment. I still hope he's behind Rubio but this might worryingly put him out front and give him the front runner status far too early. That is not say it'll be difficult to maintain and to orchestrate a political victory from but it's always best to come from behind especially this far out.

Bastiat's The Law
03-10-2013, 02:08 AM
His podcast speaking about Rand would make a great youtube video, just saying. ;)

http://stevedeace.com/headline/deace-show-podcast-03-07-13/

orenbus
03-10-2013, 02:23 AM
The polls are irrelevant at this moment. I still hope he's behind Rubio but this might worryingly put him out front and give him the front runner status far too early. That is not say it'll be difficult to maintain and to orchestrate a political victory from but it's always best to come from behind especially this far out.

I don't know, front runner status didn't seem to hurt Mccain or Romney in the end in the last couple of primary cycles, sure you have a target on your back, but better to be in the top tier early than to have to struggle for coverage in the media late in the game.

Sentinelrv
03-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Someone said it earlier that top-tier status is usually bad for candidates that are full of crap. Just take a look at all those flavor of the month candidates leading up to the Iowa Caucus. Bachmann, Perry, Cain and Gingrich just couldn't handle the spotlight without screwing up. I have more faith in Rand's media skills than these people.

Rudeman
03-10-2013, 03:21 AM
While being the frontrunner puts a target on your back it does also come with at least a couple positives. 1. The media can't just blackout the frontrunner without it looking bad and 2. It makes it harder for them to push the he can't win stuff.

eleganz
03-10-2013, 03:25 AM
While being the frontrunner puts a target on your back it does also come with at least a couple positives. 1. The media can't just blackout the frontrunner without it looking bad and 2. It makes it harder for them to push the he can't win stuff.

Yea, Romney did just fine with his #1 status and Rand is several times the presidential candidate Romney ever was in his peak.

anaconda
03-10-2013, 05:29 AM
I don't know, front runner status didn't seem to hurt Mccain or Romney in the end in the last couple of primary cycles, sure you have a target on your back, but better to be in the top tier early than to have to struggle for coverage in the media late in the game.

McCain was languishing until he won N.H. (low to mid teens nationally into December). He was traveling coach, carrying his own luggage, and getting rides from volunteers. He was an afterthought on the debate stage before N.H. If memory serves. I always thought it was surreal that he lurched into the lead thereafter.

TaftFan
03-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Deace is considering running for Senate.