PDA

View Full Version : Geraldo just now on Fox: Rand's filibuster best thing out of congress in years

jct74
03-09-2013, 10:03 PM
he has a Saturday night show on Fox and at the very end he did a short commentary saluting Rand's filibuster stand in the senate, post tube if anyone finds it.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Serious question: what do you guys think when arch-neocons like Geraldo praise Rand? Why are they doing it?

jct74
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Serious question: what do you guys think when arch-neocons like Geraldo praise Rand? Why are they doing it?

I love it. And Geraldo's not a neocon.

Article V
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Geraldo's not a neocon.Sadly, it seems as if most people on these forums have no idea what a neocon is. They just label anyone on the right who disagrees with us as neocon.

supermario21
03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Geraldo has spent a lot of time with The Judge.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Sadly, it seems as if most people on these forums have no idea what a neocon is. They just label anyone on the right who disagrees with us as neocon.

Well, if I say that he is an interventionist, would you accept that? He's not a non-interventionist.

The only thing I'm asking is, why do you think interventionists are now praising Rand? It's an honest question.

supermario21
03-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Probably because they're happy he stood up to Obama. Other than the liberty movement, anti-Obamaism regardless of what it's over is all the masses have.

T.hill
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM

Neoconservatives would be the likes of Mitt Romney, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Ayotte, Rick Santorum, and so on. People like Paul Broun, or Jerry Moran who are more hawkish and less willing to cut defense spending aren't Neocons just because they aren't strict non-interventionists. Besides from what I've seen and heard of Geraldo, he could very well be good enough to be a liberty candidate if he were to run for office.

Zarn Solen
03-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I think Geraldo gets a bad rap from people.

itshappening
03-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Geraldo had the courage to question 9/11 on FOX NEWS in the heart of New York City and deserves serious and enduring respect.

CaptLouAlbano
03-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Well, if I say that he is an interventionist, would you accept that? He's not a non-interventionist.

The only thing I'm asking is, why do you think interventionists are now praising Rand? It's an honest question.

http://www.lts.com/~cprael/Meade_FAQ.htm

This may be helpful to you. Neo-cons embrace a Wilsonian foreign policy, are not fiscal conservatives either when it comes to domestic policy, but do hold to some social-conservative principles. In a nutshell, neo-cons are where most Democrats were politically pre-Great Society.

The bulk of the GOP embrace a Jacksonian FP, which because it is not strict non-interventionism (i.e. Jeffersonian), a lot of people tend to mistakenly label them as neo-cons.

Article V
03-10-2013, 03:10 PM
http://www.lts.com/~cprael/Meade_FAQ.htm

This may be helpful to you. Neo-cons embrace a Wilsonian foreign policy, are not fiscal conservatives either when it comes to domestic policy, but do hold to some social-conservative principles. In a nutshell, neo-cons are where most Democrats were politically pre-Great Society.

The bulk of the GOP embrace a Jacksonian FP, which because it is not strict non-interventionism (i.e. Jeffersonian), a lot of people tend to mistakenly label them as neo-cons.Yeah, plus Geraldo isn't a social conservative either. He's pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-amnesty, has had 5 wives, comes from a family of mixed religion, and voted for Barack Obama in both 2008 and 2012! How anyone thinks Geraldo is a neocon amazes me.

anaconda
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM

If they praise Rand now it adds false credibility later when they endorse someone else or more statist policies. It's as if liberty criteria is something they're on the record with thereafter.

tttppp
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Geraldo had the courage to question 9/11 on FOX NEWS in the heart of New York City and deserves serious and enduring respect.

I also remember him giving the finger to 9/11 truthers who were protesting.

itshappening
03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I also remember him giving the finger to 9/11 truthers who were protesting.

The funny thing is he seemed to get interested when he was protested. Then he started looking into it and covering it I think and he's had Alex Jones on his show.

July
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM

See Jennifer Rubin's article.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407051-Rubin-to-the-Rescue-She-s-Obviously-feeling-the-heat!

Sola_Fide
03-10-2013, 06:11 PM
See Jennifer Rubin's article.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407051-Rubin-to-the-Rescue-She-s-Obviously-feeling-the-heat!

What I get from that is that she thinks neocons have a "messaging" problem, and that they need to get convicted again and double down on their interventionism.

seapilot
03-10-2013, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEyK1LHVFjo

supermario21
03-10-2013, 06:26 PM
What I get from that is that she thinks neocons have a "messaging" problem, and that they need to get convicted again and double down on their interventionism.

The neocons just don't get it. Like the GOP identity crisis within the establishment, the neocons think that getting new wrapping paper around the same gift (say swap Ayotte/Rubio for McCain/Graham) will solely fix the problem. As Laura Ingraham said today, people are war weary and sick of the war drums constantly beating.

July
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Yes, a messaging problem and a credibility problem. They are afraid if they antagonize Rand too much, it undermines the effort to regain pubic trust. McCain miscalculated, thinking he could get away with calling Rand a "kook", but they have lost the benefit of the doubt, as far as the public is concerned....there is skepticism, and McCain came off just looking petty. Rand had the upper hand, the filibuster occurred while they were off to dinner with Obama...it looks really bad. Explains the backlash we are now seeing against McCain and Graham. Well, that's just a theory. I could be wrong.