PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Reaction to Graham and McCain Criticizing Drone Filibuster

satchelmcqueen
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
mccain and graham are so big government its ridiculous. i cannot wait for rand to announce hes running in 2016. i would LOVE to hear him squash the other establishment candidates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_RLQsiLRc

Schifference
03-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Could Rand and Cruz have tag teamed the filibuster? Rand allows Cruz to take the floor so he can go to the bathroom and then Cruz surrenders the floor back to Rand?

MaxPower
03-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Could Rand and Cruz have tag teamed the filibuster? Rand allows Cruz to take the floor so he can go to the bathroom and then Cruz surrenders the floor back to Rand?
That might have worked, but I don't think Rand realized in advance that any other Senator would be willing to back him up on the filibuster, and so he didn't have Cruz lined up to keep it going.

EBounding
03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't know the parliamentary rules, but Durbin was ready to pounce as soon as Rand yielded the floor.

rubioneocon
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks for posting this youtube.

I have been mentioning it as a "11.5 hour Rand with a 1+ hr Cruz filibuster" for the comment/question at the 2:45 mark,
just so that the likes of McCain and Graham know just who looks ridiculous.

John . . . come on now, want us to get started aiming at you again.

(jpg and youtubes to follow)