PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Rand Paul - Hannity Forums

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I like to check out Hannity forums occasionally to see which way the wind is blowing for the neocons (soon to be ex neocons). First of all, Sean's front page (http://www.hannity.com/) is covered with Rand stuff but in the forums I found this thread interesting.....

The Legend of Rand Paul

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2438564-The-Legend-of-Rand-Paul

responses in thread......

Old Guard Republicans now fear him. We can have some fun with this.

The Incredible hulk wears Rand Paul Pajamas

When John McCain sits around the campfire at night he tells his kids Rand Paul stories

Chuck Norris checks under his bed every night to see if Rand Paul is under there!

Rand Paul doesn't go swimming. Water just wants to be around him.

God parted the Red Sea, but Rand parted the Senate Sea

Before Rand Paul came along there were only 5 beers in a 6 pack

Sliced bread says the fillibuster is the greatest thing since Rand Paul

Chris Christie says Rand Paul doesn't do push-ups he pushes the Earth down

Obama said he wasn't gonna drone any Americans, but since Rand , he's thinkin' about an exception.

Rand Paul is a one man Gang of 8.

Rand Paul's groupies are other senators.

All your base are belong to Rand Paul.

Obama as pennance for his Sci-fi gaffe at a press conference was watching the first 6 Star Trek Movies in marathon format. At the appointed time in 2 it could be heard from within the white house: 'RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND'

Cats can only purr because Rand is the cats' meow.

Rand Paul doesn't cut the size of government...he hacks it to pieces!!!

Rand Paul gives Rand McNalley directions

anaconda
03-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Will Chuck Norris support Rand Paul?

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Will Chuck Norris support Rand Paul?

That would be nice but I don't find his endorsement particulary important.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Rand's got lots of love over there.

Another thread....

Paul/Rubio 2016

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2438563-Paul-Rubio-2016/page7

eleganz
03-09-2013, 06:15 PM
hannity sheep are irritating. glad all these people are finally hopping on the RANDWAGON now.

itshappening
03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
That would be nice but I don't find his endorsement particulary important.

I'll tell you what will be even more important. The endorsement of Mitch McConnell when Rand Paul helps him to re-election. There's an implicit political deal there even though it's unspoken. Of course it will send the Lew Rockwell crowds head spinning but it will go a long way to smoothing the way to a Rand Paul presidency.

The Goat
03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I actually listened to local talk radio the last two days. SC is Rand Paul country all of the sudden, and Lindsey Graham is the enemy. Its like I woke up in the twilight zone.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I'll tell you what will be even more important. The endorsement of Mitch McConnell when Rand Paul helps him to re-election. There's an implicit political deal there even though it's unspoken. Of course it will send the Lew Rockwell crowds head spinning but it will go a long way to smoothing the way to a Rand Paul presidency.

Absolutely. I think Rand has had tremendous influence on and respect from Mitch now. Regardless of his past transgressions, I think he will be one of our more powerful allies in the present and future. And he has the ability to change alot of other politicians minds because he was one of them...not against them this whole time.

I think its foolhardy for any of us to think of primarying him at this point.

I also think we need to lighten up on Rubio and quit seeing him as a threat. Paul said they are friends and often work together on legislation. He's not a threat and has the possibilty of bringing in alot of hispanic votes if he endorses Rand. I don't see him as VP material but as a good ally if we don't ostracize him. The only problem I see with Rubio is that he is not principaled and could be influenced by the neocons (one of the reasons they like to promote Rubio). But if we alllow his friendship to bloom with Rand he could help us also.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 06:37 PM
hannity sheep are irritating. glad all these people are finally hopping on the RANDWAGON now.

Maybe it's time to quit calling them sheep and embrace them :). Not too many of us weren't sheep at one point.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I actually listened to local talk radio the last two days. SC is Rand Paul country all of the sudden, and Lindsey Graham is the enemy. Its like I woke up in the twilight zone.

Big smiles :D.

itshappening
03-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Mark Levin spent a good chunk of his show denouncing Graham (see 2014 forum). He said he has a lot of affiliates in SC so was directly talking to them. He said come on, you're a red state. We need some help. Please send this guy packing.

It was great and conservatives in SC need to hear it. I want Token to YOUTUBE it because it didn't happen otherwise.

FSP-Rebel
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Mark Levin spent a good chunk of his show denouncing Graham (see 2014 forum). He said he has a lot of affiliates in SC so was directly talking to them. He said come on, you're a red state. We need some help. Please send this guy packing.

It was great and conservatives in SC need to hear it. I want Token to YOUTUBE it because it didn't happen otherwise.
Very much looking forward to that. I love when Mark gets all fired up and sticks it to establishment repubics and then finishes it off with a, "That's right, I said it!" - hilarious

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Rand being the media darling has been pretty surreal to me after all the abuse we took for Ron. I'm still looking around for Ashton Kutcher to jump out from behind the bushes and tell us "you've been punked!".

anaconda
03-09-2013, 07:50 PM

ShaneEnochs
03-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Sometimes I feel like shooting myself in the face whenever I see Ron hate and Rand worship at the same time. Their policies are basically identical. What the fuck?!

XTreat
03-09-2013, 08:10 PM
This whole thing is surreal, I don't know who I misunderstand and get annoyed by more, people who like Ron and not Rand or people who like Rand and not Ron.

As far calling them sheep, we probably shouldn't for political purposes, but that doesn't change the fact that they are all being herded into line behind Rand by the FOX news deciders of what is allowed on the 3 x 5 card of acceptable political opinion.

MaxPower
03-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Rand being the media darling has been pretty surreal to me after all the abuse we took for Ron. I'm still looking around for Ashton Kutcher to jump out from behind the bushes and tell us "you've been punked!".
And let us not forget the torrential blitzkrieg launched against Rand himself after he won his Senate primary-- from the Civil Rights Act hysteria on through the Aqua Buddha circus (and let's not forget the "Rand Paul stomp" garbage), the mass media seemed to doggedly latch on to each and every anti-Rand-Paul story they could find and blare it relentlessly for days in the most shrill and dishonest manner they could get away with.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 08:24 PM
And let us not forget the torrential blitzkrieg launched against Rand himself after he won his Senate primary-- from the Civil Rights Act hysteria on through the Aqua Buddha circus (and let's not forget the "Rand Paul stomp" garbage), the mass media seemed to doggedly latch on to each and every anti-Rand-Paul story they could find and blare it relentlessly for days in the most shrill and dishonest manner they could get away with.

I haven't forgot. I just don't know what has changed. The only thing I can figure out is they are all jumping on the life raft with us because they aren't willing to go down with the neocon ship.

PatriotOne
03-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Sometimes I feel like shooting myself in the face whenever I see Ron hate and Rand worship at the same time. Their policies are basically identical. What the fuck?!

Irritates me also but I don't feel compelled to spite Rand to support Ron. Seeing that equally pisses me off. I know Ron has paved the road for Rand and pretty sure most media "Ron bashers" probably see him differently now but just won't admit their own ignorance back then. They are way too narcissitic for that.

I've spent quite a bit of time today perusing the Hannity forums. It's getting hard to tell the difference between them and this forum.

Christian Liberty
03-09-2013, 08:42 PM

I'm far from a Rand hater, I would love to vote for him, but no they aren't. Ron is an anti-interventionist. Rand is a moderate. Ron is a hardcore libertarian. Rand is a constitutionalist.

Granted, I think moderate constitionalism is way, way better than what we've got now. But Rand is clearly not as radical as his dad,.

This whole thing is surreal, I don't know who I misunderstand and get annoyed by more, people who like Ron and not Rand or people who like Rand and not Ron.

People who like Ron and not Rand are I guess unware of just how serious the enemy we're up against is. I mean, think of it this way, if the opposition was Adolf Hitler, wouldn't you support just about any American politician against him? I mean, imagine a world in which, say, Obama, actually ran against Hitler. As bad as we think Obama is compared to what we want, I think we'd all say "Look, Obama sucks, OK? But we really just can't let Hitler into office, so let's put aside our differences and drive this one in." I'm not really for "Pragmatism" when its between the typical Demopublican and Republocrat when it doesn't really matter. But if we had a moderate dictator like Obama VS someone like Hitler... yeah, I'd vote for Obama. I'd have too.

On a smaller scale, the radical Rothbardian should be able to take a similar outlook on Rand. The difference isn't quite as huge as the difference between Hitler and anyone, but the neocons are still very evil and dangerous. Rand offers a comparatively good, even though imperfect, alternative. We should be able to put aside our differences and support Rand since the alternative is much much worse, in the same way that we would put our differences aside and support Obama if Adolf Hitler was the alternative. Its supporting a much lesser evil to avert a much greater one.

People who like Rand and not Ron are usually the opposite. They're usually typical Tea Party people who aren't obsessed with war but don't quite understand the scam for what it is and think that we still need a "Strong" foreign policy, which they don't think Ron Paul provides.

NoOneButPaul
03-09-2013, 10:15 PM
My mom is one of those people...

She loves Rand now and is starting to hate McCain and Graham.

Rand is starting to get to these people. That's why he'll win, but a good lot of purists (who have fueled the revolution) will stop supporting him because of it.

nano1895
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM

Because Ron Paul clearly made the point that he was a pro-Liberty first, pro-Republican second. Rand Paul is also pro liberty, but he's picking and choosing his battles that help the Republican Party (such as using his PAC to air commercials about foreign aid to target ONLY Democrats when BOTH parties support them) and even his filibuster which establishment pundits like Hannity/Limbaugh are only embracing because its seen as an attack on the Obama administration.

Ron Paul was tolerated by the left and hated the establishment right because he was seen as a threat to the Republican Party. They full out hate and go bonkers on Rand because Rand is actively using his pro-liberty message to help the Republican Party, even if that means cleverly using rhetoric and picking and choosing his battles.

Bastiat's The Law
03-10-2013, 12:24 AM
It's great isn't it? :D

Bastiat's The Law
03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Very much looking forward to that. I love when Mark gets all fired up and sticks it to establishment repubics and then finishes it off with a, "That's right, I said it!" - hilarious
Levin is a good ankle biting attack dog. Just make sure he's pointed in the right direction at the establishment instead of our guys.

jct74
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM
this story is still getting covered like crazy on conservative websites. just in the past hour 4 different articles have been published at townhall.com and they are all favorable to Rand while continuing on the drone debate which was previously nonexistent, mentioning the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki and asking other pertinent questions (except for the last article which is mostly just bashing McCain/Graham). anyone that doesn't think Rand did a great thing here is very wrong.
http://townhall.com/columnists/stevechapman/2013/03/10/deaf-dialogue-on-drones-n1529334
http://townhall.com/columnists/pauljacob/2013/03/10/its-not-about-drones-n1530024
http://townhall.com/columnists/debrajsaunders/2013/03/10/if-you-cover-your-ears-you-cant-hear-the-bomb-go-off-n1529414
http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2013/03/10/conservatives-republicans-and-selfinflicted-wounds-n1529846

itshappening
03-10-2013, 12:40 AM
But the filibuster was useless! Professor Rozeff said so. This can't be true.

itshappening
03-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Levin is a good ankle biting attack dog. Just make sure he's pointed in the right direction at the establishment instead of our guys.

Oh yeah, he was really laying into McCain and Graham or "JLinds" as he calls them ("They disgust me"). I laughed. Sadly, he spent a lot of the show arguing for broad executive power and not getting the wider point while simultaneously praising Rand which was odd. Levin says we're at WAR and so can't give out due process despite the fact that Congress hasn't declared a war and that the 5th applies to all persons Obama accuses of crimes no matter how terrible they might be.

Oh well, some things never change but we shouldn't worry that he hasn't come round to everything yet. He's proving useful.

Bastiat's The Law
03-10-2013, 12:47 AM
My mom is one of those people...

She loves Rand now and is starting to hate McCain and Graham.

Rand is starting to get to these people. That's why he'll win, but a good lot of purists (who have fueled the revolution) will stop supporting him because of it.
I'm sure that always happens to some degree when anything hits the big time. It's like your favorite indie band suddenly hitting the mainstream and then you have to pretend to hate them now to remain edgy.

cocrehamster
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd love to hear Bush answer a question like this if he decides to run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9c9mkkYgLM

With the success Ron had having to deal with this type of treatment, I honestly don't see how anyone can beat Rand with the opposite type of treatment.

Odin
03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
It almost feels like Rand has become the de facto leader of the party overnight.