PDA

View Full Version : Impeach Bernanke

me3
11-23-2007, 05:42 PM
How does one "fire" the FED Chairman? I'm curious to know what the process would be.

ronpaulfollower999
11-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Elect Ron Paul for president. :D

me3
11-23-2007, 06:05 PM
No, seriously. If for some reason, the FED was doing a poor job, and a change was to be made, who initiates it? The Member Banks? The POTUS? Congress?

I have no idea. I was wondering if the FED leadership can be changed.

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 06:09 PM
How does one "fire" the FED Chairman? I'm curious to know what the process would be.

Only problem is... if you fire Ben, that does nothing about the Fed Reserve or its operations.
The Fed Reserve runs our government, not the other way around... that is why they must go..

Seanmc30
11-23-2007, 06:10 PM
My gut reaction is that since the FED is a private entity, there is nothing we can do (short of electing Ron Paul) to get him out of there.

icon57
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Popular opinion must be turned against the Federal Reserve as well. The Federal Reserve Usury should be widely exposed with an adequate solution offered. This will put pressure on Congress to help rid us of the Federal Reserve bankers and their thievery. Unfortunately at this point there are very few who are willing to risk their careers and livelihood for this.

"The Federal Reserve usury is like a giant magnifier for the superrich. Its treasonous "fractional reserve" hocus pocus creates indebtedness with every dollar created and loaned. The lawful counterfeiting of unsecured "fiat" money out of thin air -- horrendously unconstitutional -- multiplies the money supply ad nauseum, automatically reducing the value of the dollar while it creates automatic inflation. Every dollar created out of thin air has its bogus and usurous "interest rate" attached (read, "usury fee"), drawing very real compound interest. The overall effect is one of superprofits to the superrich private bankers who own the Federal Reserve -- an ownership list that is as secret as is the amount of currency in the money supply -- and daily increases of power within the Federal Reserve to go right on magnifying its profits and power"

me3
11-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Again, I appreciate what everyone has written, but I still don't have an answer.

Let's say FED Chairman Harry Helicopter was caught lying. Fraud. A criminal act.

Who would be responsible for firing him?

johnscr
11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Again, I appreciate what everyone has written, but I still don't have an answer.

Let's say FED Chairman Harry Helicopter was caught lying. Fraud. A criminal act.

Who would be responsible for firing him?

The president

fsk
11-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Impeachment is the responsibility of the House, conviction is the responsibility of the Senate.

Alternatively, Congress could repeal the Federal Reserve Act, which would only require a simple majority vote and the signature of the President. Like that's actually going to happen!

RP4ME
11-24-2007, 12:53 AM
it isnt Ben - he is just teh mothpiece - he knows what *they* are doing - he is not stupid or inept - all you see is very calculated.....and they are losing control.....Greenspan was teh same ...he was complicit in derailing teh dollar - its just coming to fruition now....

me3
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
The president
Thank you.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 12:49 PM
The president removes him and appoints someone else. The Board of Governors is a government entity. Its explained in the FRB wikipedia page.

hard@work
11-24-2007, 01:23 PM
How about we petition Bernake instead? Ron Paul said to him that it was not his doing. That acknowledgment should not be discounted. Greenspan is a gold standard guy as well. You never know ...

icon57
11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Bernake is a puppet of the int'l bankers. He will never do anything while on the job but obey their instructions.

ELT
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
You think Bernanke will be voting RP in '08? LOL

paulpwns
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
they serve 6 year terms at the pleasure of the president.

he can fire them at any point.

officially the FED is considered a government corporation, much like the Tennessee Valley Authority.

kylejack
12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
they serve 6 year terms at the pleasure of the president.

he can fire them at any point.

officially the FED is considered a government corporation, much like the Tennessee Valley Authority.
The Federal Reserve Board is a government entity. The Federal Reserve itself is not, and can appoint anyone they want to head the 12 regional banks.