PDA

View Full Version : You Will Regret Not Flyering Big For Rp!

weatherbill
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I can;t stress it enough. NOW IS THE TIME to flyer house mail boxes for Ron Paul, not later......

we are at a crucial junction in the history of our nation and I'm afraid this is the last stand for Constitutional Government. You will regret not going all out if Ron falls short of winning......\

listen, I am doing my part. If everyone will do their part, sacrifice a little and spend from this day to feb 5th going all out as much as we can, we can change the vote! But everyone has to do their part. I can only be in one place at a time. Our group is ocvering middle tennessee area. If you will cover your area and others do their part, we will take this election over!
But now is the time, not january, not december, but now, dec and jan........

I look at it this way........the nation only has 2.5 months left, then it's all over......we either go on with the campeign and beat hillary/obama or we falls hort becasue many did not do their patriotic duty to save this nation..........I will continue to sacrifice in faith.....just do your part where you're at, I will do mine and other are out in force as well......let's kick it into high gear till feb5th, when most of the primaries are over..........it's 4th Quarter....... we are down by 6 points....... we need a TD! We have 75 yards to go down the filed and score to win the game. We have 2:50 left on the clock, with all three of our time outs..........it's do or die.......best thing is, we have the best plays with Ron Paul.....just play your position and lets freeking bring it on home!

me3
11-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I can;t stress it enough. NOW IS THE TIME to flyer house mail boxes for Ron Paul, not later......

bump

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, this is the truth. I spoke to my sister last night and even SHE, who had been totally disinterested in politics, was wanting ammo to use to shoot down Huckabee with her Christian friends. :) It was pretty easy to provide her with what she wanted.

Bruehound
11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
You cannot leagally leave something without postage inside of a mailbox. Leave it in the door jamb or outside the mailbox. And do it relentlessly.

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 05:36 PM
WeatherBill wrote:

NOW IS THE TIME to flyer house mail boxes

Don't do THAT.

Only "official" postal mail can go in a mail box.

Stay out of hot water, stick them in the doors, or hand them out directly, newspaper boxes, under the windshield wipers of cars, that kind of thing.

thehittgirl
11-23-2007, 05:37 PM
You cannot leagally leave something without postage inside of a mailbox. Leave it in the door jamb or outside the mailbox. And do it relentlessly.

So do you supposed it would be ok to leave it attached to their mailbox flag on the outside
?
Hubby did some Black Friday proselytizing and is still amazed at the lack of name recognition even still, so he is feeling a little too rebellious.

ClockwiseSpark
11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
So do you supposed it would be ok to leave it attached to their mailbox flag on the outside
?
Hubby did some Black Friday proselytizing and is still amazed at the lack of name recognition even still, so he is feeling a little too rebellious.

I wouldn't even touch mailboxes. Front doors and car windshields for sure, but mailboxes are just too questionable.

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Clockwise wrote:

I wouldn't even touch mailboxes. Front doors and car windshields for sure, but mailboxes are just too questionable.

Agreed.

We're under a microscope now, and any little thing will be enough to slap you down with.

DXDoug
11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
waiting for Supplies ... any day now though ;)

WrenchDevil6
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM

I'd wait until later when they make mail fraud and mail tampering, NOT FELONIES.

It's also considered vandalism, trespassing, soliciting, and I believe campaigning without a license.

But hey, if you want a criminal tack to be added to the fact that we're all terrorists, go right ahead.

There's a lot to be said to for coherency and attention to detail.

If I caught you at my mailbox and you weren't wearing a USPS uniform, driving a red, white and blue, or at the least had a flashing light on your vehicle and a sign that says "Mail Carrier", you'd likely get blasted... Who knows what someone could be stuffing into your mailbox.

:rolleyes:

WrenchDevil6
11-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Leave it in the door jamb or outside the mailbox. And do it relentlessly.

See my post above. Don't we have any other LEOs here?

Dorfsmith
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
As a former postal employee I can assure you all that putting anything into a mailbox is a Federal crime. Don't do it. We have been punching holes in the top of the slim jims and putting a rubberband through and hanging them on door knobs. It IS still legal to go door to door.

My wife and I left Slim Jims and flyers all over town today. Had a guy from out of town walk up to our car and say "hey, I see that you like Ron Paul." Then he pointed to his car which also had several Ron Paul stickers on it :D

McDermit
11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
You can't put anything IN a mailbox. And I was told by our carrier that nothing can be put anywhere on the box. Sticking something in the flag interferes with the postal worker's ability to do his/her job. They need access to the flag.

The post you could probably do.. but I know I wouldn't be thrilled if I had to get out of the car to take a thumbtack and flyer off of my mailbox when I came home from work.

Just put them in doors, or get doorhangers or plastic bags made for door hanging.

CurtisLow
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
I have a mailbox with a news paper box built in. Is it ok to put things (flyers) in the News paper slot.? a lot of people have these around me.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/217/mailboxesah8.jpg

The Plan
11-23-2007, 07:45 PM
It's illegal to put the material into people mailboxes unless you do a mailout through the post office. It is legal however to put them by the front door.
You cannot put a flyer under the windshield of a car because of laws about interfering with the drivers line of sight (at least that's the way it is in michigan)
You can however put it on the side windows.

Be careful people and make sure you know the laws, we have to play this smart for the sake of the campaign. There is a right way to do this.

ggibson1
11-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Put out 500 Slim Jims today at local mall in Kokomo, IN.. ran into another Paul supporter in the process...

evadmurd
11-23-2007, 08:06 PM
A better idea than windshields is to slip it between the seal and the glass on the driver window. If the flyer is stiff enough like the slim jims, this is ideal. If you are making flyers yourself, buy a ream of heavier weight paper and have them copied on to it. Do NOT use anything to pry the seal. The insert, if stiff enough and thin enough (post card, biz card, slim jim), will slip right in.

This does two things:

1. Won't tick-off the drive as much after he rushes into the car and then finds he has to get out and take something off of the windshield before moving

2. The driver side is in plain view of the driver, upon entering.

Comes from my old Herbalife days!

Scott Wilson
11-23-2007, 08:15 PM
This is what we are distributing to every household in the Murfreesboro, TN area.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39377

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:19 PM
i tape flyers behind toilet doors, so people seem them as they do their business, I put slim lims on vending machines next coin slots so people see them as they put money in. I put them next to all the ocmputers in the computer lab.

skeet
11-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Inside screen doors, tucked under a welcome mat, in paper boxes, but never in the box.

Here is something I learned while campaigning a few years ago - Candidates like to buy inserts in their local papers because 1. you can reach many people at one time, and 2. People who read the paper tend to also vote.

so- if they have a newspaper box, there is a fair chance they are also a voter. This is not to say that you shouldn't paper all of the houses, but in a pinch with only a few slim-jims left in your car... leave them where they might count - look for newspaper boxes.

mtmedlin
11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I have a mailbox with a news paper box built in. Is it ok to put things (flyers) in the News paper slot.? a lot of people have these around me.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/217/mailboxesah8.jpg

Yes, you can. The newspaper box is not federal property.

James R
11-23-2007, 11:09 PM
?

I can't imagine that this would be illegal. You just shove it in the flag part of the mailbox. I've seen that many times.