PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio John Birch Society

FrankRep
11-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Central Ohio John Birch Society (JBS.ORG) Freedom Campaign

http://jbs.meetup.com/21/

*link updated

http://www.jbs.org

The John Birch Society endorses the U.S. Constitution as the foundation of our national government, and works toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers. We seek to awaken a sleeping and apathetic people concerning the designs of those who are working to destroy our constitutional Republic.

FrankRep
01-04-2008, 01:38 PM
bump

classicalscholar
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Central Ohio John Birch Society (JBS.ORG) Freedom Campaign

http://politicalcafe.meetup.com/57/

http://www.jbs.org

The John Birch Society endorses the U.S. Constitution as the foundation of our national government, and works toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers. We seek to awaken a sleeping and apathetic people concerning the designs of those who are working to destroy our constitutional Republic.

FrankRep, I am considering the John Birch Society, I seem to agree with them on the issues stated on their website, but I am personally pro-choice and have seen some things on the JBS website indicating that they are a pro-life organization. They do not state this in their official positions however, and I am wondering how much of a factor this is their policy.

I can agree that life begins at conception, I do not support a policy that requires an individual to sacrifice their own health for another person, this is especially true in the case of rapes. I see it as if the government were to require me to give an organ to save someone else. This may be a noble thing for me to do, but I do not think that the government has a right to tell me to do so.

I would like to know your experience and if this is the right organization for me. I am pro-gun, pro-civil liberty, anti-big government, but stick on the abortion issue.

Thanks.

FrankRep
02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
FrankRep, I am considering the John Birch Society, I seem to agree with them on the issues stated on their website, but I am personally pro-choice and have seen some things on the JBS website indicating that they are a pro-life organization. They do not state this in their official positions however, and I am wondering how much of a factor this is their policy.

I can agree that life begins at conception, I do not support a policy that requires an individual to sacrifice their own health for another person, this is especially true in the case of rapes. I see it as if the government were to require me to give an organ to save someone else. This may be a noble thing for me to do, but I do not think that the government has a right to tell me to do so.

I would like to know your experience and if this is the right organization for me. I am pro-gun, pro-civil liberty, anti-big government, but stick on the abortion issue.

Thanks.

Most JBS members are Christian so that plays a factor on how they view abortion issue, however, most will *personally* be pro-life, but many will support the idea that abortion is a state issue.

With all the issues happening right now with the government removing our Constitutional rights, don't let one aspect distract you from the big picture. We all have different opinions and that's awesome.

literatim
02-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Thanks.

http://www.l4l.org/library/index.html

danberkeley
02-25-2008, 05:09 AM

Thanks.

You should read the article from a recent publication of The New American (John Birch Society) that gives you an insight into the history of abortion in the USA and why the abortion issue has become such a mess.