PDA

View Full Version : Interesting website with dirt on the 2008 candidates.

angrydragon
06-22-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.oppodepot.com

Looks like they don't have much on Ron Paul.

I think we could add to the dirt of other candidates.

winston84
06-23-2007, 01:45 AM
"Implied that U.S. deserved 9/11 attacks" :mad:

megan
06-23-2007, 01:51 AM
I have a hard time reconciling the racist remarks that were printed in his newsletter with some of my doubtful friends.

I know they were written by someone else. I know that person was fired after they were published. But some people can't be convinced. Any help?

I'm going to be removing Ron Paul's name from any further LGF straw polls, because his supporters are deliberately spamming our polls to make it appear as if Paul has more support than he does. . . . They aren't "cheating," as in voting multiple times, but they have sent out emails and posted the link to our poll at several spots on the web, urging people to go vote for Paul. The end result is the same -- the poll results are skewed, and it's not an accurate measure.

I also hate this. Encouraging people to go participate in polls using the internet and message boards isn't shady, it's smart. Other candidates would be wise to do it. It doesn't represent any crooked intentions, it just represents the huge grassroots support RP has online--which no one can deny.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Bet you Dr Paul's opponents uses the lack of data as "proof" of a lack of interest in him. Those morons. :rolleyes: :p :D

nayjevin
06-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Ron Paul on Race

He abhors ‘collectivism’ or a ‘racist mentality’: “...in
a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself
as an individual, rather than developing a group or
victim mentality... making skin color irrelevant... we
should understand that racism will endure until we
stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in
terms of individual liberty.”

It's obvious his true views on race are very well developed. More can be found in his writings here:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

kylebrotherton
06-23-2007, 03:26 AM
http://www.oppodepot.com

Looks like they don't have much on Ron Paul.

I think we could add to the dirt of other candidates.

I gave them some more dirt on Ron Paul:

-----------
Ron Paul is styling himself as the "Taxpayers best friend," but his supporters are taxing the patience of straw poll organizers. In both the Utah GOP and National Taxpayers Union straw polls, Paul came in second. Said one unnamed source: "They aren't 'cheating,' as in casting multiple votes, but they sent out emails and encouraged other supporters to attend the straw polls. The end result is the same -- Ron Paul does well, so the results must be incorrect."
-----------

AlexAmore
06-23-2007, 03:27 AM
No mention of Fred's CFR membership...WOW.

Then all the lies about Ron Paul...good lord.

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 04:18 AM
I sent them a Ron Paul tip:

Candidate: Ron Paul
Source: Common Sense and a little research.
Tip:

Nice how this website throws things like "facts" out the windows.

1) Racist comments

I've seen the newsletter. His name is on the newsletter, but not the article in question. Dr Paul regrets and accepts responsibility for the article having been published in his newsletter, but it wasn't under his byline. The fact that he isn't passing the blame is a clear sign of true leadership.

2) 9/11 Truther?

Student Scholars for 9/11 Truth spoke with Dr Paul at an open house. He didn't purposefully meet with them; they sought him out at an open event and asked him questions. Further, his belief is that the 9/11 Commission didn't answer questions about the government's incompetence in preventing the attack, not government involvement in the attack.

3) Implied that U.S. deserved 9/11 attacks

Wrong again. He implied no such thing. You are infering that he did. Dr Paul has repeatedly stated that our interventionist foreign policy was a contributing factor behind the attacks. He compares inference attacks upon him such as yours as similiar to saying he blames murder victims for being murdered; he believes no such thing. His stance is that our actions can and do have unintended consequences, such as pissing people off to the point of becoming terrorists.

Also, the quote you offer nowhere implies that the attack on 9/11 was justified. Again you are infering. Dr Paul's point in all this is that we should study our enemy and know his motivations in order to better defeat him. This axiom is even espoused by Sun-Tzu in "The Art of War."

4) Spamming online polls.

This argument is just ridiculous. The polls are soliciting the opinion of the internet, and then the pollster are complaining when they get it. Wow... That's just seven shades of... I'm not going there.

If you are going to market in "dirt" on candidates, at least make sure they are factual and not conjecture. You could be sued for libel, too, by any candidate. The fact that this website touts itself as the place to get the dirt is a de facto admission of malicious intent. You are practically shedding any legal defense you may have.

Just trying to help out.
--Dave

EDIT: error: your message is too big... :mad:

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 04:24 AM
I sent them a Ron Paul tip:

EDIT: error: your message is too big... :mad:

ok so send the messages one by one

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Done. Parsed it out in pieces.

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 04:29 AM
#4 is one you really can't argue, though.

So that really only leaves 1 thing wrong with Ron Paul

#1 - Spamming online polls.

Not bad. :)

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 04:32 AM
I thought I argued that point pretty effectively.

*shrug*

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 04:32 AM
#4 is one you really can't argue, though.

So that really only leaves 1 thing wrong with Ron Paul

#1 - Spamming online polls.

Not bad. :)

Hey! I was chatting to you 1/2 hour ago on the Java portal!!!!!

I watch the European Union documentry. Very good too

Bradley in DC
06-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Hey! I was chatting to you 1/2 hour ago on the Java portal!!!!!

I watch the European Union documentry. Very good too

And he called me at 3 AM!

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 04:39 AM
The world is smaller then we think.

And by that I mean, the world is much larger then we know. It is not so difficult to manage a worldwide network, or,

8-) To Live On An Island . . . . .

angrydragon
06-23-2007, 10:22 AM
I have a hard time reconciling the racist remarks that were printed in his newsletter with some of my doubtful friends.

I know they were written by someone else. I know that person was fired after they were published. But some people can't be convinced. Any help?

Ron Paul Race Smear Erased?

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41822

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul68.html

EvoPro
06-23-2007, 10:57 AM
OPPODEPOT Implies they HATE the AMERICAN PEOPLE by completely distorting what Ron Paul is saying:

"Implied that U.S. deserved 9/11 attacks"

"suggested that our enemies abroad are justified in hating America"

Apparently those guys absolutely HATE americans. That's all. Why do they hate Americans so much???????????????

Ron Paul is actually implying: THAT OUR FOREIGN POLICY IS FLAWED. They are demagoging!!!!!

Demagoguers HATE the American people!

I am using Demagoguery to show they are using Demagoguery.

4Horsemen
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=megan;34092]I have a hard time reconciling the racist remarks that were printed in his newsletter with some of my doubtful friends.

They don't want to vote for him. It doesn't sound like these people are your friends. Are they implying that your racist since you support RP? Do your friends have any other evidence that RP is racist? It sounds like they are still playing the "Hegelian Dialectic" game that keeps people splintered into groups. Do they have a clue about the real issues that are destroying our country?

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 11:13 AM
This is it??
Nothing slamming his voting record for 30 YEARS!!

- Some bad newsletter printed years ago by a misguided worker...
- Some implication that our foreign policy may not be correct (along wiht 75%+ of America)
- Explaining that the government is inept and good at trying to cover up there ineptness, incuding when it comes to 9/11
- The web support is spamming polls (waaa!)

What a joke! Compare that to stuff we find everyday on these guys (Giuliani's law firm, McCain's open border desires, Thomspon's CFR connections, etc.). Spam that!!

Andrew76
06-23-2007, 12:29 PM
It seems we've missed out on some reallllly spectacular dirt on Giuliani. Have you guys clicked on his info there? There's a freaking photo of him in drag. Now, I'm not at all coming down on anyone who dresses up or down or sideways, be it for a laugh or satire, or saturday night live, but damn... that picture is beastly. We need to find a larger version of it, and just start posting it EVERYWHERE. Again, this is no judgement against dressing in drag, do you what you want. However I doubt most of his supporters would feel the same way, especially those conservative Americans who've yet to make up their minds. Every time he gets on t.v. and tries to talk tough, we'll post that picture of him in full drag, complete with blond wig, red lipstick, eyeshadow and a dress. Oh man, he's never gonna be president. :D

angrydragon
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Even better, a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

Andrew76
06-23-2007, 01:21 PM
CLASSIC! Awww man, we need something like this for Hillary.

Korey Kaczynski
06-23-2007, 01:34 PM
This site is run by Marxists, if that explains anything.

Korey Kaczynski
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM
It seems we've missed out on some reallllly spectacular dirt on Giuliani. Have you guys clicked on his info there? There's a freaking photo of him in drag. Now, I'm not at all coming down on anyone who dresses up or down or sideways, be it for a laugh or satire, or saturday night live, but damn... that picture is beastly. We need to find a larger version of it, and just start posting it EVERYWHERE. Again, this is no judgement against dressing in drag, do you what you want. However I doubt most of his supporters would feel the same way, especially those conservative Americans who've yet to make up their minds. Every time he gets on t.v. and tries to talk tough, we'll post that picture of him in full drag, complete with blond wig, red lipstick, eyeshadow and a dress. Oh man, he's never gonna be president. :D

Uh.... that's been known for quite a while.