PDA

View Full Version : 6% of Americans View Hugo Chavez Favorably

RonPaulFanInGA
03-08-2013, 09:32 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/march_2013/6_view_hugo_chavez_favorably

Very few voters have a favorable opinion of Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez who died earlier this week, but they’re also not very optimistic that U.S. relations with Venezuela will get any better.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just six percent (6%) of Likely U.S. Voters share a favorable opinion of Chavez. Sixty-seven percent (67%) view the late Venezuelan leader unfavorably, while 27% are not sure.

Hitler might have a better approval rating than that.

gwax23
03-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Good he was a total douchelord.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Appears one of those 6% are members here, if the one-star rating someone gave this thread is any indication.

mad cow
03-11-2013, 02:00 AM
I think the ratio is actually higher here after reading the threads right after his death.
Many 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend','go read Sun Tzu' excuses for this worthless tyrant.

Or maybe they're just Sean Penn fans.

Antischism
03-11-2013, 02:51 AM
And 43% of Americans view Obama favorably.

It says more about the stupidity of the American people than anything about Chavez, let alone how trivial it is to ask American people's opinions on the former president of a country they've probably only seen in pictures.

Kilrain
03-11-2013, 03:19 AM
How do people (here and in general) feel about Hifikepunye Pohamba, the president of Namibia?

My point: I never got the hype about Chavez, be it good or bad.

mad cow
03-11-2013, 03:39 AM
And 43% of Americans view Obama favorably.

It says more about the stupidity of the American people than anything about Chavez, let alone how trivial it is to ask American people's opinions on the former president of a country they've probably only seen in pictures.

I certainly hope that 0.00% of the members of this site view Obama favorably.
But I am beginning to doubt it.

kcchiefs6465
03-11-2013, 11:50 AM
I view Hugo Chavez as 'favorably' as I view Mohammed Mossadegh. And I view BP Oil as favorably as I view Coca Cola.

Christian Liberty
03-11-2013, 11:59 AM
I certainly hope that 0.00% of the members of this site view Obama favorably.
But I am beginning to doubt it.

Does "I'm slightly more scared that Romney will invade Iran than Obama" or "I want Obama to win instead of Romney so that Rand Paul has a shot in 2016" count?
lol.

I can't imagine a big Ron Paul fan being a big Obama fan, but I have met at least one Obama-liberal in real life that would have struggled with who to vote for if it was RP VS Obama just because of the war issue.

I suppose its possible that such a person is on here. That person SHOULD hate Obama though. Its pure irrationality that some of them don't.

As for Chavez, Justin Raimondo seemed to view him favorably as well just because he "Stood up to the American Empire." Now, I'm as against the American Empire as anyone, but supporting a tyrant just because he stood up to another tyrant is silly and is the same mistake the USA made in World War I, to a lesser extent World War II (I say "To a lesser extent" because it was probably avoidable but it was still actually Japan's fault), Korea, Vietnam, exc. I think that when you get to the point where you like Chavez just because he stood up to America is the point where you go from "American Empire Hating" (A viewpoint I would agree with) to outright "America hating."