PDA

View Full Version : What’s ‘Cooler’ Than Being ‘Cool’? Rand Paul’s Filibuster, According To Fox News’ The Five

jct74
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
What’s ‘Cooler’ Than Being ‘Cool’? Rand Paul’s Filibuster, According To Fox News’ The Five

by Matt Wilstein | 9:00 pm, March 7th, 2013

Sen. Rand Paul‘s filibuster continued to receive heaps of praise Thursday afternoon on The Five, when the hosts broke down what it means for Paul’s political future as well as what it portends for the Republican Party.

Eric Bolling echoed a sentiment heard earlier in the day on MSNBC from Steve Kornacki, that the filibuster represented a “changing of the guard” with Paul and fellow Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz representing the new and Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham representing the old. “These new young bucks, they’ve got it going it on,” Bolling said.

For Greg Gutfeld, it wasn’t just about new guard vs. old guard, but rather shifting the balance on who’s “cool” in Washington. Gutfeld argued that Paul managed to turn President Obama into Animal House villain Dean Wormer. He said Paul’s “real achievement” was shifting the perception of the president from “caped crusader for justice” to “petulant hypocrite.” Meanwhile, Rand Paul is an “evil Tea Partier who’s suddenly cooler than the coolest of the cool.”

Next up, Andrea Tantaros added to Gutfeld’s sentiment about the new and improved GOP. “We found ourselves and got our mojo back,” she said. “And I thought it was remarkable that they did it with such an outdated maneuver like the filibuster, to get the young people engaged.”

read more (w/ video):
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/whats-cooler-than-being-cool-rand-pauls-filibuster-according-to-fox-news-the-five/

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Andrea Tantaros loves Rand.

supermario21
03-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Yes she does, but stay away from Bolling. He's a Christie guy.

ronpaulfollower999
03-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Andrea Tantaros loves Rand.

That's good, because I love Andrea Tantaros.

itshappening
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Every fox host and show has been all over this, they've done a great job covering it.

You can't deny that they're the best news channel.

Michigan11
03-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I woke up on another planet today and I like it a lot.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Every fox host and show has been all over this, they've done a great job covering it.

You can't deny that they're the best news channel.

By far.

I was watching Red Eye (Greg Gutfield's other show) and they also talked about Rand. One of the women (Jedediah Bila) really really likes Rand. I think Rand does very well with attractive women. Another segment on Fox today had Kirsten Powers (a democrat and attractive) defending Rand and attacking the New York Times for not covering the filibuster properly.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 08:09 PM
"Rand Paul having to pee at the end of his filibuster was one leak the White House was actually glad for."

supermario21
03-08-2013, 08:09 PM
By far.

I was watching Red Eye (Greg Gutfield's other show) and they also talked about Rand. One of the women (Jedediah Bila) really really likes Rand. I think Rand does very well with attractive women. Another segment on Fox today had Kirsten Powers (a democrat and attractive) defending Rand and attacking the New York Times for not covering the filibuster properly.

Red Eye is one of my favorite shows. Last night's episode was also very good. They made fun of McCain too. Watch the first 5 minutes or so of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHN7hOnOQA

Slutter McGee
03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
poor Lee always gets left out of the new guard conversation.

Slutter McGee

FSP-Rebel
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Slutter McGee
It's probably only because some people can't get excited about a Senator from UT being a hot commodity.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Red Eye is one of my favorite shows. Last night's episode was also very good. They made fun of McCain too. Watch the first 5 minutes or so of this video.

Yeah I love it too.

Here's where they discussed Rand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhNCfJ52u0

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
It's probably only because some people can't get excited about a Senator from UT being a hot commodity.

He's also a little chubby.

jkob
03-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Slutter McGee

gotta mention Marco Rubio tho barf

mad cow
03-08-2013, 08:40 PM

Slutter McGee

He's catching on,I'm telling ya.