PDA

View Full Version : Rand being discussed for 2016 on Hardball

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 04:51 PM
MSNBC Hardball discussing Dims and GOP 2016 possibilities

Matthews : Rand Paul and Jeb Bush both good weeks for GOP

http://www.livenewschat.tv/politics/ (http://www.livenewschat.tv/politics/)

Matthews full of bullsheet . . . "Christie would win GOP nomination"

Christian Liberty
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
If they want me to ever vote for the GOP, they'd better pick Rand in 2016...

anaconda
03-08-2013, 05:14 PM
MSNBC Hardball discussing Dims and GOP 2016 possibilities

Matthews : Rand Paul and Jeb Bush both good weeks for GOP

http://www.livenewschat.tv/politics/ (http://www.livenewschat.tv/politics/)

Matthews full of bullsheet Christie would win GOP nomination

Stream freezes every few seconds for me. Maybe I need to order more Mbps.

CaptUSA
03-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Please, Christie's going to be Hillary's VP pick.

I've said it before - mark my words - Christie will switch parties. Maybe not by election time, but he's going to switch. The plan is for him to switch before he burns up his political capital. I'd say he's burning through it pretty fast.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
While I do not particularly like Matthews, he does shoot his mouth off enough to make it fun enough,
and I see some vein of truth and add to it for my own opinion always.

He points out on the GOP side for 2016 that either Florida Senator Rubio
or our guy Kentucky Senator Rand Paul
would have to give up their Senate seats as they would be up for re-election . . .
if they got the nomination.

I dont think that should scare off Rand one iota . . . especially now after this week.

On the Dims (my spelling of course, not Mathews) side, the comments about Biden and Hilary got me to think . . .
Biden with Hilary as VP nominee would be a heavy hitter ticket.

As usual, mMathews doesnt underestand the GOP well at all . . .
th
the suggestion that bChristie would win the the GOP nod if the NJ Governor wanted it is off mark imho,
and then uggh to imply Rand Paul is not really a Republican and a third party bullsheet yadayadayada divide and conquer . . .

Aint gonna happen that way Kris.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Fox also calls him a contender:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/08/who-are-the-gop-presidential-contenders-in-2016/

It may still be three-and-a-half years away, but the 2016 GOP presidential race is already starting to cause a stir on Capitol Hill, with names of possible contenders being thrown about. Among them is this week’s spotlight-holder, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who gained attention for his 13-hour filibuster.

While Fox News’ Carl Cameron says there are at least 16 Republicans considering a run, Paul’s filibuster is fast becoming an opening act after he captured the attention of Libertarians this week.

But former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush also came out, saying that the door is now open for him, as well. And then of course, there’s GOP-favorite Marco Rubio, who has been buzzed about for some time now as a possible front-runner.

So, who else could make a go of it? Find out!

phill4paul
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
While I do not particularly like Matthews, he does shoot his mouth off enough to make it fun enough,
and I see some vein of truth and add to it for my own opinion always.

He points out on the GOP side for 2016 that either Florida Senator Rubio
or our guy Kentucky Senator Rand Paul
would have to give up their Senate seats as they would be up for re-election . . .
if they got the nomination.

I dont think that should scare off Rand one iota . . . especially now after this week.

On the Dims (my spelling of course, not Mathews) side, the comments about Biden and Hilary got me to think . . .
Biden with Hilary as VP nominee would be a heavy hitter ticket.

As usual, mMathews doesnt underestand the GOP well at all . . .
th
the suggestion that bChristie would win the the GOP nod if the NJ Governor wanted it is off mark imho,
and then uggh to imply Rand Paul is not really a Republican and a third party bullsheet yadayadayada divide and conquer . . .

Aint gonna happen that way Kris.

Biden could not survive a live debate. Honestly, for the most part this is why you don't hear much from him and when you do it is a quote showing his ignorance.

supermario21
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
As long as Gary Johnson doesn't run, the more the better.

anaconda
03-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Carl Cameron (with a slight snicker): "On the question of electability, Sir, do you have any?..."

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Stream freezes every few seconds for me. Maybe I need to order more Mbps.

Honestly, for what its worth . . . Google Chrome is an amazing web browser . . . imho
side by side compared to Mozilla Firefox and
two other web browsers exclusively for Linux in the KDE packages (Ubuntu Kubunu and Fedora KDE)
known as Konqueror and rekonq, although Google Chrome and rekonq are virtually tied except . . .
with Chrome I can listen over things simultaneously . . .
like listen to a couple radios at once and I can be typing somewhere else in the multiple desktops.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Biden could not survive a live debate. Honestly, for the most part this is why you don't hear much from him and when you do it is a quote showing his ignorance.

Biden is a great debater imho . . . alot of facts from a long career and might be toughest against Rand Paul.

of course, that one of a kind VP debate against Parah Sailin' jus' wasn't fair . . . beating up on a girl

But first the spoof (although not that far off) . . . LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCBsFaUz_Y

anaconda
03-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Honestly, for what its worth . . . Google Chrome is an amazing web browser . . . imho
side by side compared to Mozilla Firefox and
two other web browsers exclusively for Linux in the KDE packages (Ubuntu Kubunu and Fedora KDE)
known as Konqueror and rekonq, although Google Chrome and rekonq are virtually tied except . . .
with Chrome I can listen over things simultaneously . . .
like listen to a couple radios at once and I can be typing somewhere else in the multiple desktops.

I tried chrome on a netbook and it essentially froze it up. My internet is only 1.5 Mbps, however. I wonder if this might be the problem..

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I tried chrome on a netbook and it essentially froze it up. My internet is only 1.5 Mbps, however. I wonder if this might be the problem..

OK cant help the netbook best although google is doing something called chromium and also the android platform mobile web

If freezing up with chrome it may not be only the browser . . .
swap space partitions act like a hard drive cache . . . these video and media take alot of streaming data, so swap space partitions helps too with media/ gaming contenet.

anaconda
03-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Just watched 14 minutes on the hardball website on the "positioning" of Jeb Bush. Matthews asked his 2 contributors to name one person to the right of Jeb Bush. They had no answer. 14 minutes and no mention of Rand Paul. Matthews speculated that Christie could get get votes in the northeast and capture "Reagan Democrats" away from Hillary due to his blue collar image. So MSNBC gives us Christie or Jeb.

I cannot find any videos on the Hardball site that involves discussion of Ran as a 2016 candidate. I only see the video where they use his filibuster to segue into a discussion about reforming the filibuster rules.

anaconda
03-08-2013, 08:00 PM
OK cant help the netbook best although google is doing something called chromium and also the android platform mobile web

If freezing up with chrome it may not be only the browser . . .
swap space partitions act like a hard drive cache . . . these video and media take alot of streaming data, so swap space partitions helps too with media/ gaming contenet.

I don't know how to swap space partitions or what it means.

FSP-Rebel
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I cannot find any videos on the Hardball site that involves discussion of Ran as a 2016 candidate. I only see the video where they use his filibuster to segue into a discussion about reforming the filibuster rules.
nobody watches them anyway, all back benchers

liveandletlive
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
too early, have this conversation in 2 years

we dont want Randy to peak too early

Rand's Stand was only the beginning, more must be done

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
nobody watches them anyway, all back benchers

It was just tonights show which does air again in the middle of the night if you have MSNBC

Ill watch it about 2am on the regular screen instead of online . . . its not much
just the usual Hardball - but at least rand is mentioned in the mix now.