PDA

View Full Version : Video: Syrian rebels beat, humiliate elderly man who only wanted to make people happy

green73
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HQj5AxqV4GY
http://youtu.be/HQj5AxqV4GY

This video is in some ways equally as disturbing as the torture and murders carried out by FSA insurgents now being backed by our tax money in Syria because it illustrates the general day to day drudgery of a society run by thugs who have seized power.

The clip shows FSA rebels humiliating and slapping around an elderly man who became a local celebrity in Aleppo for wearing a yellow costume in an attempt to make people happy.

A different version of the video with English subtitles was posted on this channel yet almost immediately censored by YouTube under the bizarre justification that it was “designed to harass, bully or threaten,” when in fact the video was exposing the very people who harassed, bullied and threatened the elderly man.

http://www.infowars.com/us-backed-rebels-beat-humiliate-old-man-youtube-censors-video/

green73
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
They pulled out his whiskers and a clump of hair.

gwax23
03-08-2013, 04:51 PM
animals

juleswin
03-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I am sure it carries a BT approved stamp on it :) Free Syrian army my ass.

Zippyjuan
03-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't forget the innocents being bombed and shot by the government of Syria as well.

green73
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Don't forget the innocents being bombed and shot by the government of Syria as well.

You really are a shill, like Lucille says. I mostly ignored you until she told you off, but since have kept a closer eye. You're a contrarian on practically everything. Fuck off.

AngryCanadian
03-08-2013, 08:43 PM

As usual there will be sock puppets who defend these animals.

Zippyjuan
03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Neither side is clean. Syria's government has even destroyed most of their hospitals- and they used to have some of the best medical care available. They are certainly not a libertarian government. They are torturing people as well. I don't condone anybody conducting torture. Be against the rebels torturing but also be against the government conducting torture too. That does not make one a shill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/syria-health-care-doctors-without-borders_n_2829243.html

Hospitals in Syria are now being used as a tool in the military strategies of the parties to the conflict. In “liberated” areas, some hospitals are being set up or transformed into “Free Syrian Army (FSA) hospitals” or hospitals established with the goal of “supporting the Revolution.” As a result, these hospitals are at risk of becoming targets and civilians are rarely accepted.

Accounts from doctors and patients revealed that hospitals were being scrutinized by the security forces, and that people were being arrested and tortured inside them. Doctors risked being labeled “enemies of the regime” for treating the injured, which could lead to their arrest, imprisonment, torture or even death. People hurt at protests therefore stopped going to public hospitals with similar fears of being tortured, arrested, or refused care, and were essentially forced to entrust their health to clandestine networks of medical workers.

Numerous facilities have been destroyed and medicine supplies dwindle after two years of conflict, DWB notes. Pharmacies face extreme shortages. Power in many neighborhoods is scarce, forcing medical facilities to run on fuel-costly generators. Field hospitals lack basic supplies and are often targeted by the regime. Reaching health care providers in the country's war-torn cities regularly requires crossing dangerous front lines. The overwhelming need for trauma treatment has taken attention and resources away from basic assistance and the care of chronic illnesses. Children haven't received vaccinations in months. Giving birth is increasingly risky.

In addition, international relief organizations are experiencing difficulties in reaching patients. DWB explains that international aid has been channeled through local organizations and distributed from Damascus. However, the Syrian Vice Minister of International Affairs and Expatriates who oversees the relief effort is not permitting new international organizations to contribute aid, despite a disastrous lack of it.

BlackTerrel
03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Wow. That is a shocking video. Sad stuff.

BlackTerrel
03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
I am sure it carries a BT approved stamp on it :) Free Syrian army my ass.

I was going to get into it but screw it. Can you show me a post where I've supported the Free Syrian Army?

BlackTerrel
03-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Terrorists/rebels/freedom fighter...whatever you call them both Syria and Israel are fighting them. Who is showing more restraint as far as limiting loss of life and collateral damage - Israel or Syria?

Which military has killed more Muslims Israel or Syria? Pretty sure the Syrian military has killed more Muslims in the last 18 months than Israel has in the last 50 years.

kcchiefs6465
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I will refrain from watching. Saw a video of some kids rapping about shooting guns and their dads being killers that kind of pissed me off enough at the world for tonight. I'd probably just say people are fucked up. In general.

kcchiefs6465
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Terrorists/rebels/freedom fighter...whatever you call them both Syria and Israel are fighting them. Who is showing more restraint as far as limiting loss of life and collateral damage - Israel or Syria?

Which military has killed more Muslims Israel or Syria? Pretty sure the Syrian military has killed more Muslims in the last 18 months than Israel has in the last 50 years.
The difference is in the millions vs. billions. [dollars, not people]

ninepointfive
03-08-2013, 09:08 PM
this is what the obama admin is funding in syria. please spread this far and wide on all your social media networks

TheGrinch
03-08-2013, 09:12 PM

The difference is our tax dollars aren't going to fund the other side.

Saddam was an evil dictator too, but he wasn't a direct threat to the US.

Zippyjuan
03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Opposing the resistance is tacit support for the dictator.

gwax23
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Why does everything have to be black and white with people on these forums? Both Assad and many of the Rebels are equally disgusting. People love to simplify things down to good guys vs bad guys despite the fact that outside movies and games thats hardly a reality.

green73
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM

A secular gov't that the empire wants to replace religious extremists. WONDERFUL.

Petar
03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
People should just accept the fact that both sides consist of psychotic U.S.A backed thugs.

ninepointfive
03-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Why does everything have to be black and white with people on these forums? Both Assad and many of the Rebels are equally disgusting. People love to simplify things down to good guys vs bad guys despite the fact that outside movies and games thats hardly a reality.

for one thing, we have sent hundreds of millions of dollars to the syrian rebels. check out what were funding - beheadings - executions, and this - all in your name and mine. this is despicable! so fucking fed up with all this bullshit

green73
03-08-2013, 09:25 PM

This is exactly right. Assad is awful, of course, but compared to what he will be replaced with, he's much preferred. But the empire is not overthrowing this gov't because Assad is a bad guy. Saudi Arabia is an ally to the empire and they are far more repressive. Just look at the hell the empire has brought to this part of the world. Iraq (formerly a secular gov't) is now a hell. Same with Libya. Is anything good come out of Afghanistan? WAKE THE FUCK UP. This is all about the empire conquering the region. Syria and Iran are the last holdouts.

kcchiefs6465
03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
People should just accept the fact that both sides consist of psychotic U.S.A backed thugs.
I accept it as a fact, but I will never accept it.

TheGrinch
03-08-2013, 09:26 PM

Then give me tacit support over my tax dollars going to shed blood so they can have another puppet regime.

gwax23
03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
This is exactly right. Assad is awful, of course, but compared to what he will be replaced with, he's much preferred. But the empire is not overthrowing this gov't because Assad is a bad guy. Saudi Arabia is an ally to the empire and they are far more repressive. Just look at the hell the empire has brought to this part of the world. Iraq (formerly a secular gov't) is now a hell. Same with Libya. Is anything good come out of Afghanistan? WAKE THE FUCK UP. This is all about the empire conquering the region. Syria and Iran are the last holdouts.

Syria and to a lesser extent Iran are in the Russian Sphere of Influence. Especially Syria through the Eastern orthodox Church which has a large presence there and the 10% christian population of Syria support Assad who is an Alawite. I wouldnt refer to Syria and Iran as Holdouts that gives the impression they are some sort of last bastion of freedom or something which there not. I agree with everything else you said on Saudi Arabia et all.

One thing I would like to see come of this is the dissolution of Syria into separate states like what happened in yugoslavia. A Christian/Alawite state on the coast and a Sunni Arab state for the heartland, maybe a Druze state to the south and lastly a small Kurdish state in the Northeast, especially if this will have a domino effect and lead to the independence of Kurdistan so they can get out of that clusterfuck known as Iraq.

mad cow
03-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Then give me tacit support over my tax dollars going to shed blood so they can have another puppet regime.

Both sides suck.All the more reason for the USA not to spend any blood and treasure in this battle.

Even if one side was all good and the other all evil,we have no business in this fight.

If anybody wants to go over there and fight for one side or the other,have at it.Just leave me and my tax dollars out of it.

green73
03-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Syria and to a lesser extent Iran are in the Russian Sphere of Influence. Especially Syria through the Eastern orthodox Church which has a large presence there and the 10% christian population of Syria support Assad who is an Alawite. I wouldnt refer to Syria and Iran as Holdouts that gives the impression they are some sort of last bastion of freedom or something which there not. I agree with everything else you said on Saudi Arabia et all.

One thing I would like to see come of this is the dissolution of Syria into separate states like what happened in yugoslavia. A Christian/Alawite state on the coast and a Sunni Arab state for the heartland, maybe a Druze state to the south and lastly a small Kurdish state in the Northeast, especially if this will have a domino effect and lead to the independence of Kurdistan so they can get out of that clusterfuck known as Iraq.

Well, the smaller the state the better. I don't really care that they are in Russia's sphere of influence. Thank god Russia is not in the sphere of influence of the empire; at least I hope--ultimately--they are not.