PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow getting heat on Reddit for evasive AMA

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19wzss/i_am_rachel_maddow_ask_me_anything/

We need to get Ben Swann on Reddit to do an AMA. No doubt he would answer every question posed to him unlike the presstitute Maddow. What do you all think?

ItsTime
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
That would be awesome.

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
That would be awesome.

Should we contact Ben through Facebook? It would be great for him and the liberty movement if he did this. We need to capitalize on our momentum.

ItsTime
03-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Should we contact Ben through Facebook? It would be great for him and the liberty movement if he did this. We need to capitalize on our momentum.

Already contacted. I am 100% sure he will be doing it soon.

ninepointfive
03-08-2013, 02:29 PM
"Why do you and MSNBC not cover Bradley Manning?"

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Already done. I am 100% sure he will be doing it soon.

Did you post to his Facebook?

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:33 PM
"Why do you and MSNBC not cover Bradley Manning?"

[–]bluepilled 435 points 4 hours ago
Rand Paul's anti-drone filibuster lasted 13 hours, but no Democrat besides Ron Wyden showed floor support. Individuals at your network have even been openly hostile to Paul.

John Brennan has been on the wrong side of numerous controversial post-9/11 issues. Four years ago, his advocacy of torture forced him to withdraw for top CIA spot. Yesterday all but two Democrats voted to confirm him.

So after ceding authority on drones to Repulicans, Democrats gave near unanimous approval to a scoundrel.

-Hasn't this been a pathetic showing for "progressive" Democrats?
-Are power and party so much more important than (alleged) principles?
-Was Democrats' anti-war talk of the 00's just opportunistic sloganeering for electoral success? If not, what happened to them?

No answer

V3n
03-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I was just reading that.. caught this RE:FILIBUSTER

Q:

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to do an AMA. One of my concerns today is that I feel the American public is fed up with both the Congress and the media. That the bickering only divides us more as a nation at a time when we need to be looking for ways to come together.

Your piece on Rand Paul's 13 hour speech condensed into 60 seconds of Hitler reference was an example of the problem. The lack of understanding Godwin's law and the use of argumentum ad logicam in the matter was disingenuous at best.

Do you think the media will ever stop the partisan bickering?

Do you think Congress will get anything meaningful done?

What would you recommend to help solve some of these issues?

I respect who you are and what you do so please don't take any offense to my critiques. Reddit please don't just down vote if you disagree, voice your opinions in the comments.

(credit to: Plastikmang)

A:

Thanks for this thoughtful and constructive approach. I hear you about the reductive frustration of pulling out the Hitler references from Rand Paul's marathon, but I don't regret that decision. I love to see a real talking filibuster. I love that it was on an issue of principle. There is almost nothing closer to my heart in politics than to see Congress asserting its rightful oversight role in national security and war instead of deferring to executive power. And! But! And/But! It's too bad that Senator Paul -- while doing all those things that I think are great and having real guts -- doesn't always have a clear grasp of the issue he's talking about. And he makes Hitler references. Which is a little bit like peeing in the pool. He undercuts the potential power of this otherwise important thing that he did -- with bad argument, sometimes bad facts, and occasional bad faith. I don't think it was disingenuous to make that case, but thanks for putting your view that it was in such a thoughtful way.

-Maddow-

ItsTime
03-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Did you post to his Facebook?

Yes

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes

Not seeing it.

mac_hine
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
[–]PaleoA 3 points 3 hours ago

Rachel,
In light of respectful disagreements, when will you invite Tom Woods on your show for a discussion? I am a libertarian and find it frustrating that the mainstream media tends to categorize some neo-con/tea party republicans as libertarians. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Tom Woods is the most articulate, qualified, and genuinely awesome person that understands and can explain libertarian positions. He is the author of a number of outstanding books including the NYTimes best seller "Meltdown." It would make my YEAR and be a terrific opportunity for your viewers to witness an intelligent discussion between two impressive individuals with contrasting positions.

For anyone not familiar with Tom Woods see link here- http://www.tomwoods.com/

Thanks!

Bastiat's The Law
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Maddow is such a simpleton. It wasn't a Hitler reference per se, it was a commentary on how democracies can go way, way, off the rails rather easily. All it takes is an unscrupulous populist with a will to power.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Rachel Maddow play hour 9 of the filibuster . .

instead of your show. You'll look smarter that way !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGe07PgVkcs