PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The Sean Hannity Show 3/08/13 (tube added)

jct74
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
just announced at beginning of show

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re894xQ9iJk

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the fyi . . .

jct74
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Hannity says will be at top of 4 ET hour

jct74
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Hannity: "McCain and Graham may have hurt themselves beyond repair"

RP Supporter
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
The best thing that could have happened to Rand was having McCain of all people attack him for not being a real conservative. He's all but ensured the love of the base now. He should get up there at CPAC and simply say "John McCain thinks I'm not a real republican." he's win the straw poll in a landslide.

jct74
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
stream:
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/citadel/?sid=826&nid=2920

phill4paul
03-08-2013, 02:58 PM
The best thing that could have happened to Rand was having McCain of all people attack him for not being a real conservative. He's all but ensured the love of the base now. He should get up there at CPAC and simply say "John McCain thinks I'm not a real republican." he's win the straw poll in a landslide.

Agreed. McCain bluffed the wrong hand.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
link . . . I had it from yesterday plez . . . nevermind

Brian4Liberty
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
On now.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
OK . . .on the air now.

obamanation
Rand kicked back feet on a table now - by radio link.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Hannity: "McCain and Graham may have hurt themselves beyond repair"

I think it's awesome that those two buffoons are being destroyed by virtually every conservative commentator.

FSP-Rebel
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I think it's awesome that those two buffoons are being destroyed by virtually every conservative commentator.
Which is why Rand doesn't even have to address their dribble while letting the mouth pieces do his bidding whether they want to or not.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
This is a great start . . . go viral to link up people to this radio interview.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Rand : The Constitution is bigger than any (political ) party.

Sean : Eric Holder conceded the point . . . this was a real filibuster.

This is great !

Rand : Iḿ just a doctor . . .
to have these constitutional lawyers like Cruz who clerked for Reinquist . . .

. . .

Sean : a momentum shift has taken place.

MarcusI
03-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Somehow strange HOW well Rand is received in all that media. Ron never had such a moment.

itshappening
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Somehow strange HOW well Rand is received in all that media. Ron never had such a moment.

Rand knows how to talk to them. He doesn't argue with them. For example when Sean says he favors enhanced interrogation - we all know Rand doesn't and he thinks its actually torture - but he won't argue with Sean on it or contradict him... he'll just move on with "well the interesting thing is...". Ron would call Sean crazy and call him out. Talk show hosts have ego's and dont like being called out. They want the guest to agree with them or validate their opinions and narrative otherwise they will turn on you .

Bottom line is that Rand is a master at schmoozing and being a good guest

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 03:35 PM
When someone finds the .mp3 of the interview please post here so I can make a tube of it.

brandon
03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
^^ I'd like to hear it too

georgiaboy
03-08-2013, 03:42 PM
I heard Sean's intro segment earlier today. I couldn't believe how hard he was coming down on McCain & Graham, and how forceful his support of Rand Paul was.

All I gotta say is it's about time, Sean.

Stand With Rand 2016.

CPAC here we come.

itshappening
03-08-2013, 03:45 PM
The other thing is, they have all tried to trip Rand up but they can't. He thinks so fast and is able to deliver them an answer which doesn't offend their sensibilities. He makes it very difficult for them to disagree with him.

A good example is Rush yesterday. He couldn't resist trying to prod Rand at the end of the interview saying "some people think like your dad you're against drones in principle, even against terrorists..." (paraphrasing) Rand shot back that he favors the military using drones and favors using them in the US as long as it doesn't contravene the bill of rights.

Mark Levin has also tried to trip him up, every time he goes on there... mostly they're testing his non-interventionism and trying to see if he's soft on terrorists. He will never engage in a debate with them on non-intervionism or point out like Ron the reasons for terrorism but will instead frame it as like "congress should declare war" or "we're broke so there's a good case for closing overseas bases". He won't get into a theory debate with them even though they try in order to trip him up. He knows it's a waste of time and he's not going to change their minds.

rubioneocon
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM
When someone finds the .mp3 of the interview please post here so I can make a tube of it.
and go viral with it . . . it is great to hear Rand like this!

The other thing is, they have all tried to trip Rand up but they can't. He thinks so fast and is able to deliver them an answer which doesn't offend their sensibilities.
. . .

Great analysis !

MarcusI
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
You're right, itshappening.

Michigan11
03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the Revolution America!

torchbearer
03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
#itshappening

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
You're right, itshappening.

What's happening?

itshappening
03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Here's Rush's attempt to trip Rand up. This is more what Rush actually thinks. He does think Rand is in stealth mode and he's right to a certain degree but he's not going to get into a theoretical debate on these shows.

--
RUSH: (laughing) Okay. Now, one more reaction to criticism you're getting is that what you're really doing, you have a larger mission here that is hidden, and that is similar to your father. You simply don't like drones, period. You don't like them being used, the War on Terror, particularly against Islamists, and that that's what you're really aiming for here by calling attention to their use domestically. What do you say to people that say that?

PAUL: Well, I would say that's not accurate. You know, I don't object to the technology. And, in fact, I've been supportive of the drone strikes, particularly in aiding our soldiers in battle. I'm not necessarily against targeted strikes overseas. I think we have to look at the rules. But at home, I'm absolutely opposed to targeted strikes on Americans. So I think there's some debatable things overseas. In the military action, I'm absolutely in favor of them. I think drones in America, if you have hostage situations or bombs, you know, we use robots to disable bombs, there's all kinds of reasons for the technology to be used. In America, though, I am worried about them doing surveillance without warrants, flying over my farm, watching where I hunt, things like that. Looking at my farmland with the EPA, there's all kinds of potential abuses, but it's not the technology. It really gets back to the Bill of Rights. If you obey the Bill of Rights, I don't have any problem with drones.
-

Now think about that logically... if you followed the Bill of Rights you wouldn't drone strike ANYONE, home or abroad... although Rand says "I think there's some debatable things" and "we need to look at the rules" but if you applied the bill of rights you couldn't drone strike anyone because these people must have due process

MarcusI
03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
What's happening?

:) I was addressing the user "itshappening"

jct74
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM
interview starts at 6:45:
http://vaca.bayradio.com/ksfo_archives/ksfo_player.php?day=5&hour=14

Trigonx
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mn9YDAcrlKI/UOSreY5_fcI/AAAAAAAApWA/535D1FkFPDE/w497-h373/Ron_Paul_Its_Happening.gif

Tunink
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mn9YDAcrlKI/UOSreY5_fcI/AAAAAAAApWA/535D1FkFPDE/w497-h373/Ron_Paul_Its_Happening.gif

I love that gif! LOL

acptulsa
03-08-2013, 04:57 PM

Well, you know, Ron paved the way, and he and we did a whole lot of education. Now Rand comes along and stands up for us, which honestly seldom happens, and the Twitterverse lights up like a Christmas tree.

And when the Twitterverse lights up like a Christmas tree, any pundit with a lick of sense asks only, 'How high should I jump?' It tends to leave them praising the source of this reaction first and figuring out how to re-spin it later. After all, which will get you fired from your media job faster--going 'off message' long enough to figure out how to get back 'on message', or having your ratings plummet for good?

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Chube:

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Got a funny comment when I posted this on facebook:

Does this mean we can't throw snowballs at Hannity anymore?

itshappening
03-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Was Hannity advocating torture again? Notice how Rand skirts around it and be's a good guest and talks about something else.

He is the master at dealing with these clowns and that's why the neocons are in panic mode. They just dont know how to deal with Rand Paul. It's funny. He's just smarter than them. Yes Sean, Rand is smarter than you and you're being played. Thanks for letting us reach millions of voters :-)

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Was Hannity advocating torture again? Notice how Rand skirts around it and be's a good guest and talks about something else.

He is the master at dealing with these clowns and that's why the neocons are in panic mode. They just dont know how to deal with Rand Paul. It's funny. He's just smarter than them. Yes Sean, Rand is smarter than you and you're being played. Thanks for letting us reach millions of voters :-)

Hannity brought up waterboarding in this and a previous TV interview with Rand (on Tuesday, I think. Here it is: http://youtu.be/rYC7Ch-_kBs). Rand just ignored it and moves on. I think this is a great tactic, because it doesn't antagonize Hannity on an issue that is pretty much settled (the US "doesn't torture").

itshappening
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Token, check 2014 thread... Levin mentioned Bright.. need youtube.