PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota governor signs into law a bill which would allow teachers to carry guns

sailingaway
03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
South Dakota governor signs into law a bill which would allow teachers to carry guns in the classroom

Gov. Dennis Daugaard of South Dakota on Friday signed into law a bill that would allow teachers to carry guns in the classroom.

While some other states have provisions in their gun laws that make it possible for teachers to be armed, South Dakota is believed to be the first state to pass a law that specifically allows teachers to carry firearms.

About two dozen states have proposed similar bills since the shootings in December at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., but all of them have stalled.

maybe this will help break the log jam: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/09/us/south-dakota-gun-law-classrooms.html?_r=1&

mad cow
03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
poor but debt freeColumbia, PA
Time to let certain states begin the process to secede from the Union. There is no way to reconcile with people for whom reason is an abstract notion.

Charlotte KMassachusetts
I am ready for my home state of Massachusetts to erect the border fence right now and keep all the rest of you out unless you surrender your weapons at the door.

South Dakota just went off my list of US states I ever had any desire to visit. So long Black Hills & Mt. Rushmore.

I was just going to post a quick 'Great News!' or something but I went to the link and read the comments.They are all along this line and they were mostly from the usual suspects geographical areas.

Secession may end up being the most peaceful way of settling the political divide in this country,especially if more and more on both sides start asking for it.

sailingaway
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
We know Obama has paid twitter followers fighting for gun control, there have been articles on it. I don't put any credence into the comments. the legislature knows their voters better.

mad cow
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
We shall see.If in a couple of years 25 States end up with Constitutional carry everywhere including schools and 25 have gun laws the same or worse than New York's,maybe a divorce is in order.

presence
03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
bump

...cause this was about to be dupe thread #3 in education forum.

No SA love for the education forum I see.

belian78
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Good for SD, I knew there were reasons I'm considering moving there.

RickyJ
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Sounds good to me as long as they are responsible gun owners and don't let the kids gain access to their guns.

sailingaway
03-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Sounds good to me as long as they are responsible gun owners and don't let the kids gain access to their guns.

usually these require training.

RickyJ
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
// never mind, I need some sleep!