PDA

View Full Version : "I don't believe people should be able to own guns,"

mad cow
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
In his new book, At the Brink, economist and author John R. Lott Jr., assesses the presidency of Barack Obama and recalls conversations regarding gun laws they had while working at the University of Chicago.

In Chapter Three, Mr. Lott discusses gun-control and takes the reader back to his time at the University of Chicago, where he and then-professor Barack Obama spoke on numerous occasions about guns in America.

"I don't believe people should be able to own guns," Obama told Lott one day at the University of Chicago Law School.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/author-quotes-then-professor-obama-saying-i-dont-believe-people-should

This will surprise nobody here.

TomtheTinker
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
No it doesnt

ctiger2
03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Free men own guns, slaves don't.

Pericles
03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't believe that politicians should be elected.

cheapseats
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't believe that politicians should be elected.

I believe that no human is ENTITLED to rule, moreover that no human is WORTHY of lording over other humans.

Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784): "No man has received from nature the right to give orders to others. Freedom is a gift from heaven, and every individual of the same species has the right to enjoy it as soon as he is in enjoyment of his reason."

Denis Diderot: "Power acquired by violence is only a usurpation, and lasts only as long as the force of him who commands prevails over that of those who obey."

Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC): "Nothing is more unreliable than the populace, nothing more obscure than human intentions, nothing more deceptive than the whole electoral system."

BC . . . BEFORE CHRIST.

Marcus Tullius Cicero: "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

CICERO: "There exists a law, not written down anywhere but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading but by derivation and absorption and adoption from nature itself; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."

jbauer
03-08-2013, 03:21 PM
yeah well I don't think he should be president.