PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence O'Donnell freaks out over people standing with Rand (video)

jct74
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I thought this was pretty funny and also sad at the same time, Lawrence can't stand the fact that Rand is getting all this support since Rand stands for so many other horrible things in his mind, the panelists he had on were more favorable to Rand's efforts though.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/49263362#51092205
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/49263362#51092335

AuH20
03-07-2013, 10:49 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiATkgqNWA-g_iR3MlOApervmX9-_9DNqT8AXrHxMPDKhpm0Eg

braane
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
I cannot believe I will actually watch this and give them an ad view.

braane
03-07-2013, 10:59 PM
They keep calling him, or his ideas, crazy. HereWeGoAgain.jpg

anaconda
03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Lawrence O'Donnell's red-faced spewing hatred for Rand is truly bizarre and without any comparison in the media. This must be about some other issue with Lawrence, including some possibilities of which I would feel uncomfortable even suggesting. He is a tragic figure.

economics102
03-07-2013, 11:02 PM
I like how in the beginning of the second clip, when O'Donnell plays the clip of Rand's "you might be a terrorist" list, O'Donnell dismisses it as "paranoid and sick" without pointing out to his audience that the list Rand is reading from is an official, leaked government document.

O'Donnell is a serious scumbag.

NoOneButPaul
03-07-2013, 11:03 PM

I wont...

Best way to deal with these people is ignore them. Totally and completely.

BenIsForRon
03-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Lawrence got out progressive'd on the drone program by Rand Paul and he can't handle it. The guests were visibly uncomfortable with Lawrence's insanity.

deadfish
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
PEOPLE ACTUALLY WATCH THIS STUFF?!?!

*cries*

anaconda
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
The guests were visibly uncomfortable with Lawrence's insanity.

Lawrence is really unhinged. And from what I've seen, Rand Paul may bring out the worst in him. O'Donnell appears nearly incapable of making rational arguments. He just spews pejoratives without any justification. I'm a little surprised he has a job. He must not be like this all the time. But I never see him since I don't get cable. I've only seen him a handful of times on the internets.

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2013, 11:13 PM
firefox ad-block baby =p

NorfolkPCSolutions
03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
The player on my droid tablet crashed in the middle of the first video in the OP.

I don't care.

Natural Citizen
03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Can't believe I watched that screed. I'm not clicking on any more of these.

NIU Students for Liberty
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't know who i hate more: O'Donnell or O'Reilly...

supermario21
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
General Electric helps build drones. There's your reason.

devil21
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
O'Donnell has been MSNBC's hit man for a while now. I remember his nasty interview with Ron a while back. He can't debate issues so he throws ad hominem and twists stuff out of context to build strawmen. Pretty much the left's version of Bill O. since Obama was elected.

misean
03-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Wow. That guy is hateful. He has a cancerous personality.

supermario21
03-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I know lots of people rail on Fox, but I watched MSNBC a bit tonight, and it is like 10X worse. Not just because of the views, but the quality of the anchors, guests, etc. It's like a third rate production.

UWDude
03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Look at the MSM realize they have lost control.

economics102
03-08-2013, 12:02 AM
This is the first thing I think of whenever Lawrence O'Donnell. What a doucehbag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMc5c6z3E8

anaconda
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM

^This.

itshappening
03-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Lawrence is a spiteful, hateful piece of filth who will never say anything good about Rand because he has an R after his name and that's it. He will use the lowest forms of attack if necessary and flat out lie.

I wish you wouldn't post MSNBC crap here. This guy is like Schultz and the rest. Utter fools.

Pisces
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
I watched the first video and after that there is no way I would watch the second one. O'Donnell's hatred for Rand is quite bizarre. The Huffington Post guy almost seems too nice for MSNBC. You could tell he was obviously nervous by the way he kept fiddling with his hands. It was either stage fright or fear of crazy Lawrence O'Donnell.

Natural Citizen
03-08-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm actually tired of seeing all of these discussions that don't specifically have Rand in the discussion and sit there and spin the premise into memes and political romper room. I'm glad that Rand is getting some credit for getting the main stream dolts on the subject but this sudden platform to spin it into other poliical comics is disheartening. They still don't actually discuss the matter properly. And they won't.

When I start seeing these networks discuss the matter like the one found below which happened long before mainstream latched onto it for the purpose of political leverage then I'll take the time to consider entertaining them. I'd challenge anyone to find any discussion as thorough as this one from any link that's suddenly popped up on this board since mainstream media has leeched off Rand's efforts. Just one. Rand removed, of course. Obviously if Rand is present then the issues are touched upon.

I listened to Glenn Beck some place around here sit there and say he was surprised that the likes of Code Pink "All of a sudden jumped onto the bandwagon". Well...If I watch this big boy discussion in the clip below I'd say they were on it long before our clowns in the mainstream found it to be popular entertainment....who still continue to avoid critical discussion on it, btw. Now I'm not defending code pink but merely pointing out the narrative coming from main stream cable news. Opportunists, every one, they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUposQuNCA&feature=player_embedded

sailingaway
03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
this is actually a terrible photoshop, but I thought I'd post it anyhow. From twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEucGnCCQAMr2eM.jpg:large

anaconda
03-08-2013, 01:05 AM
this is actually a terrible photoshop, but I thought I'd post it anyhow. From twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEucGnCCQAMr2eM.jpg:large

Amash needs pointy ears!

anaconda
03-08-2013, 01:38 AM
For those who couldn't stomach watching O'Donnell (for which I empathize), here's a few highlights:

"What Rand Paul was up to on the Senate floor yesterday was spewing infantile fantasies about a serious subject that earned him sympathies from many of the serious people who have serious questions about the U.S. military's of drones. And, of course, it earned him sympathy from anyone who has ever cared for an infant."

(O'Donnell reading back a quote by Rand..) "I was at a Tea Party meeting. Please, Mr. President, don't kill me. Um, Ryan Grim, I haven't heard anything sleazier than that ever said on the Senate floor."

"There's a huge difference between Ron Wyden and Rand Paul. Rand Paul is stark raving mad, and Ron Wyden actually knows what he's talking about. And they are talking about this same subject and it is perfectly reasonable to give a standing ovation to Ron Wyden and to sit on your hands when the crazy man speaks."

"The guy talked for what?..13 hours? Do you think there's more than 14 minutes of actual contact (sic) in what that psychopath said on the Senate floor...so, you know, do you wanna stand with all of the vile, spewing, madness that came out of that crazy person's mouth, or do you wanna stand with 15 minutes of it? You know, I mean, that's your choice, so, so, you know, it, it, it's, it, you (O'Donnell stammering), if you choose the 15 minutes, that's fine, but you're standing with a crazy person."

(with respect to the Senators showing up later in the evening)"..they are pandering to the Tea Party...when the Tea Party leader gets out there, if you don't run out there with him, then you are not with him, and so that was all pandering.."

dancjm
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Lawrence got out progressive'd on the drone program by Rand Paul and he can't handle it. The guests were visibly uncomfortable with Lawrence's insanity.

Yep. :)

I hate the fact he is being such a sick f*ck, but I love the fact that it's so obvious it's embarrassing.

fearthereaperx
03-08-2013, 02:06 AM

Yeah it reminded me of that Hitler video clip that everyone makes a parody of lol

jay_dub
03-08-2013, 02:06 AM
The meme that no one criticized Bush for his use of drones is a strawman.

The US had not yet been declared a battlefield, along with the rest of the world, during Bush's term. IIRC, this only came about through the NDAA last year.

Americans should be appalled that our government has the audacity to declare perpetual war on the rest of the world. With this country now being declared part of that battlefield, it takes willful ignorance to not question what could flow from that.

I don't believe Holder in his answer to Rand's question. All it would take for the President to have such authority would be to declare martial law. Obama signed an EO last year that broadened the conditions for which martial law could be declared.

Rand's filibuster really only touched on what is a much larger problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martial Law by Executive Order

President Obama's National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order of March 16 does to the country as a whole what the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act did to the Constitution in particular -- completely eviscerates any due process or judicial oversight for any action by the Government deemed in the interest of "national security." Like the NDAA, the new Executive Order puts the government completely above the law, which, in a democracy, is never supposed to happen. The United States is essentially now under martial law without the exigencies of a national emergency.

Even as the 2012 NDAA was rooted in the Patriot Act and the various executive orders and Congressional bills that ensued to broaden executive power in the "war on terror," so the new Executive Order is rooted in the Defense Production Act of 1950 which gave the Government powers to mobilize national resources in the event of national emergencies, except now virtually every aspect of American life falls under ultimate unchallengeable government control, to be exercised by the president and his secretaries at their discretion.

The 2012 NDAA deemed the United States a "battlefield," as Senator Lindsey Graham put it, and gave the president and his agents the right to seize and arrest any U.S. citizen, detain them indefinitely without charge or trial, and do so only on suspicion, without any judicial oversight or due process. The new Executive Order states that the president and his secretaries have the authority to commandeer all U.S. domestic resources, including food and water, as well as seize all energy and transportation infrastructure inside the borders of the United States. The Government can also forcibly draft U.S. citizens into the military and force U.S. citizens to fulfill "labor requirements" for the purposes of "national defense." There is not even any Congressional oversight allowed, only briefings.

In the NDAA, only the president had the authority to abrogate legitimate freedoms of U.S. citizens. What is extraordinary in the new Executive Order is that this supreme power is designated through the president to the secretaries that run the Government itself:

• The Secretary of Defense has power over all water resources;
• The Secretary of Commerce has power over all material services and facilities, including construction materials;
• The Secretary of Transportation has power over all forms of civilian transportation;
• The Secretary of Agriculture has power over food resources and facilities, livestock plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment;
• The Secretary of Health and Human Services has power over all health resources;
• The Secretary of Energy has power over all forms of energy.

The Executive Order even stipulates that in the event of conflict between the secretaries in using these powers, the president will determine the resolution through his national security team.

The 2012 NDAA gave the Government the right to abrogate any due process against a U.S. citizen. The new Executive Order gives the government, through the Secretary of Labor, the right to proactively mobilize U.S. citizens for "labor" as the government deems necessary and to coordinate with the Secretary of Defense to maintain data to coordinate the nation's work needs in relation to national defense.

What is extraordinary about the Executive Order is that, like the NDAA, this can all be done in peacetime without any national emergency to justify it. The language of the Order does not state that all these extraordinary measures will be done in the event of "national security" or a "national emergency." They can simply be done for "purposes of national defense," clearly a broader remit that allows the government to do what it wants, when it wants, how it wants, to whomever it wants, all without any judicial restraint or due process. As Orwell famously said in 1984, "War is peace. Peace is war." This is now the reality on the ground in America.

Finally, the 2012 NDAA was hurried through the House and Senate almost like a covert op with minimal public attention or debate. It was then signed by the president at 9:00 PM on New Year's Eve while virtually nobody was paying attention to much other than the approaching new year. This new Executive Order was written and signed in complete secret and then quietly released by the White House on its website without comment. All this was done under a president who studied constitutional law at Harvard.

It is hard to know what to say in the face of such egregious disregard for the integrity of what America has stood and fought for since its founding. It is hard in part because none of us thought such encroachments would ever happen here, certainly not under the watch of a "progressive" like Obama.

At one level, the prospect for war with Iran is probably an immediate justification. But the comprehensiveness of the Executive Order, like that of the 2012 NDAA, speaks to something much deeper, more sinister. I would suggest that this Order, like the NDAA, has been in the works for some time and is simply the next step in the logic of the "global war on terror." Our political elites have come to consider democracy an impediment to effective governance and they are slowly and painstakingly creating all the democratic legalities necessary to abridge our democratic rights with impunity, all to ensure our "security." Of such measures do republics fall and by such measures tyrants emerge.

The only thing that really remains is the occasion to test the new rules of the game. Perhaps that will be war with Iran, perhaps some contrived emergency, or perhaps, as long as the public and media remain asleep, no occasion will be necessary at all. It will just slowly happen of its own accord and we, like the frog in the pot of slowly boiling water, will just sit there and be consumed by our own turpitude.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/martial-law-under-another_b_1370819.html

anaconda
03-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Yeah it reminded me of that Hitler video clip that everyone makes a parody of lol

Oh please. Somebody make that video. "Hitler finds out that Rand Paul filibustered for 13 hours.." I can see the subtitles now as as I'm hearing "My Fuhrer...Steiner...Steiner.."

whippoorwill
03-08-2013, 07:45 AM
wow...asshole to be sure.

green73
03-08-2013, 08:01 AM

This.

Jeremy Tyler
03-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Oh please. Somebody make that video. "Hitler finds out that Rand Paul filibustered for 13 hours.." I can see the subtitles now as as I'm hearing "My Fuhrer...Steiner...Steiner.."

Yes....lets please please please make this happen.

green73
03-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Anybody remember when this hack called RP a fraud?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?350124-Lawrence-O-Donnell-s-full-comments-on-Ron-Paul-Re-Jon-Stewart

I am reminded of it everyday because Sailing gave me an infraction for posting it.

Mr.NoSmile
03-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Again, it's as if most people are taking issue with the fact that it's a Republican bringing this issue to light instead of a Democrat and that's what angers them.

unknown
03-08-2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoY152LCbZY

Ok errr, Im about to, this mother fugger...

How dare he.

angelatc
03-08-2013, 09:16 AM
I don't know who i hate more: O'Donnell or O'Reilly...

I remember when I had my first child. I honestly did not know I could love any thing or person that much. When I was pregnant with my second one, I was afraid there was no way I could ever love the second baby as much as the first. The OB/GYN laughed at me, and said, 'What, do you think you're going to run out of love?"

Same thing.

UWDude
03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Dinosaur media doesn't realize half their ratings come from people who love to hate them.
The more vile shit they spew, the more people research to try to prove them wrong.
They tried ignoring, they failed.
They tried laughing, they failed.
Now they are fighting.
One step left.

Libertea Party
03-08-2013, 09:32 AM
More evidence that the Democratic Party is afraid of pro-liberty Republicans? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312548-More-evidence-that-the-Democratic-Party-is-afraid-of-pro-liberty-Republicans&p=4911958#post4911958)

Standard operating procedure for MSDNC. It's always O'Donnell. Then Ed. Then Maddow when pushed. They are so scared that there are liberals that might be swayed by the genuine belief in liberty that they lack.

Chieppa1
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
IGNORE THEM. For a forum full of Capitalists, we clearly don't understand the theory. Don't give this guy your internet business. Ignore and they disappear.

dancjm
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Dinosaur media doesn't realize half their ratings come from people who love to hate them.
The more vile shit they spew, the more people research to try to prove them wrong.
They tried ignoring, they failed.
They tried laughing, they failed.
Now they are fighting.
One step left.

:D

dancjm
03-08-2013, 09:34 AM
More evidence that the Democratic Party is afraid of pro-liberty Republicans? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312548-More-evidence-that-the-Democratic-Party-is-afraid-of-pro-liberty-Republicans&p=4911958#post4911958)

Standard operating procedure for MSDNC. It's always O'Donnell. Then Ed. Then Maddow when pushed. They are so scared that there are liberals that might be swayed by the genuine belief in liberty that they lack.

Testify, brother - Testify!

jmdrake
03-08-2013, 09:37 AM
^This. We need to start ripping these videos, editing them with our own commentary, and re-uploading them. No need to give these hacks more traffic. That's all they want.

anaconda
03-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes....lets please please please make this happen.

I can't stand it! I'm thinking where they show Hitler's hand going over the map we see the subtitles "I'm sure all of the Senators will be tied up at the Obama dinner until after Senator Paul gives up his filibuster.."