PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Gingrich: "We need more Rand Pauls" (Hannity)

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
John McCain cherry picks Rand's marathon filibuster and criticizes his comments about Jane Fonda. Are you serious? What a douche bag!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyb3RWcsMGg

fr33
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
It's funny because Newt's been on both sides of the issue of drones and civil liberties. He's an NDAA supporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYu4TbYRW4

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
lol... newt the chicken hawk.

i dont get it.. Ron is almost the same as Rand, just packaged differenetly. Yet these slimeballs like Rand.

thoughtomator
03-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Gingrich makes it very tough for me to adhere to my "be gracious to those who support us" policy.

i dont get it.. Ron is almost the same as Rand, just packaged differenetly. Yet these slimeballs like Rand.

It spares them the agonizing horror of admitting that Ron has been right all these years while they have been wrong.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
John McCain cherry picks Rand's marathon filibuster and criticizes his comments about Jane Fonda. Are you serious? What a douche bag!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyb3RWcsMGg

Now that I see the embedded video player, I cringe at the thought of clicking on the play icon at the center of the video window. It is hovering over Gingrich's mouth and that implies if I click on it he might open his big fat mouth and start speaking. God I despise that man.

dinosaur
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Nah, they don't really like him, they are just finding it politically difficult to do anything other than support him right now. I'm amazed at how Rand is able to stay one step ahead of these people.

dskalkowski
03-07-2013, 09:51 PM
This is so gold..

BSU kid
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I love watching Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'reilly and company realize they are a dying breed...and now they have no problem pretending to be civil libertarians. I thought Glenn Beck's "switch" was funny, but this is downright hilarious.

fr33
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I love watching Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'reilly and company realize they are a dying breed...and now they have no problem pretending to be civil libertarians. I thought Glenn Beck's "switch" was funny, but this is downright hilarious.

It really is hilarious especially if you were listening to these people during the Bush years.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 10:37 PM
It really is hilarious especially if you were listening to these people during the Bush years.

No doubt. And it isn't any different on the other side of the isle. The democratic constituency had only one supporter of Rand's effort. These people would never have been in support of the NDAA if it had been under the Bush administration. The hypocrisy sickens me.

mz10
03-07-2013, 10:39 PM

Haven't heard anything from O'Reilly, has he even commented on this? He makes Hannity look like Murray Rothbard.

dinosaur
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Haven't heard anything from O'Reilly, has he even commented on this? He makes Hannity look like Murray Rothbard.

lol, I'm suffereing through O'Reilly as I read Ron Paul forums. I am now 43 minutes into the show and nothing.

anaconda
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I cringe at the thought of clicking on the play icon at the center of the video window.

Go ahead and click on the "play" icon. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Newt was 110% with Rand in every imaginable way, and basically ripped McCain another gaping orifice.

I love how Hannity said he felt a "shift." :D

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM

The majority of MSNBC's prime time hosts either ignored Rand Paul's filibuster of John Brennan or dismissed it as a partisan stunt.

Paul, the Republican senator from Kentucky, wound up speaking for nearly 13 hours in opposition to the Obama administration's drone policy.

Though the filibuster riveted social media, and was discussed on all of CNN's prime time shows and every Fox News show except Bill O'Reilly's, both Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews avoided it, spending none of their segments talking about Paul. Ed Schultz spent 58 seconds on the filibuster, using most of the time to read comments from Facebook followers who called Paul "obstructionist." By comparison, he spent nearly seven minutes analyzing Bill O'Reilly's body language.

more here...... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/msnbc-rand-paul-filibuster_n_2827988.html

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Go ahead and click on the "play" arrow. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Newt was 110% with Rand in every imaginable way, and basically ripped McCain another gaping orifice.

Ya, I captured the video and upped it to Youtube. In all fairness, he did say the right thing. However it is still coming from a vile human being who is simply playing "the game". I have no doubt if it was a sitting Republican in the White House he would be denouncing Rand right now.

mz10
03-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Ya, I captured the video and upped it to Youtube. In all fairness, he did say the right thing. However it is still coming from a vile human being who is simply playing "the game". I have no doubt if it was a sitting Republican in the White House he would be denouncing Rand right now.

Funny, though, that a lot of almost-libertarian conservatives whom I respect supported Gingrich in the primary, albeit grudgingly. People who will likely support Rand in 2016. And as much as I hate myself for saying this, given Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich, who would have been the lesser of three evils?

(Which actually poses an interesting question that has probably been asked already: who was the least horrible candidate in the entire field other than Ron? I myself would probably have to say Bachmann, just because of her Austrian economics interest)

supermario21
03-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I think Cain.

dinosaur
03-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Funny, though, that a lot of almost-libertarian conservatives whom I respect supported Gingrich in the primary, albeit grudgingly. People who will likely support Rand in 2016. And as much as I hate myself for saying this, given Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich, who would have been the lesser of three evils?

(Which actually poses an interesting question that has probably been asked already: who was the least horrible candidate in the entire field other than Ron? I myself would probably have to say Bachmann, just because of her Austrian economics interest)

Gingrich is just less annoying than the others because he is smarter. It is hard not to admire at the man's cleverness sometimes. I'm not sure that this makes him the lesser of three evils, but it does make him a much more convincing liar.

edit: Sometimes, I find it hard not to beleive his sincerity myself, but history doesn't lie.

TheGrinch
03-07-2013, 11:15 PM
#StandwithGingrich

Kregisen
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM

Romney was the lesser of those 3 evils you mentioned, ironically enough. Santorum, Gingrich and Bachmann were the 3 biggest liars I've ever seen. All 3 ripped on Ron badly on false accusations the entire campaign. Plus, Gingrich is the most liberal by far. From cap-n-trade, to endless wars, to universal healthcare, to gun bans, he has been liberal on every issue.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-07-2013, 11:39 PM
#StandwithGingrich

LOL... If you weren't toting that avatar I'd negative rep you. ;)

Inkblots
03-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Plus, Gingrich is the most liberal by far. From cap-n-trade, to endless wars, to universal healthcare, to gun bans, he has been liberal on every issue.

Hey now, let's be fair: Gingrich has held basically every position on basically every issue: you can't hold it against him that some of those happen to be liberal ;)

anaconda
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Romney was the lesser of those 3 evils you mentioned, ironically enough. Santorum, Gingrich and Bachmann were the 3 biggest liars I've ever seen. All 3 ripped on Ron badly on false accusations the entire campaign. Plus, Gingrich is the most liberal by far. From cap-n-trade, to endless wars, to universal healthcare, to gun bans, he has been liberal on every issue.

I don't think it would have made a dime's worth of difference which one of those people might have become President. As events and conditions unfold, the puppet masters clarify what they want from the administration. The President simply parrots the talking points and signs off on documents.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2013, 12:14 AM
#StandwithGingrich

BARF!

Brett85
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
And as much as I hate myself for saying this, given Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich, who would have been the lesser of three evils?

I think Gingrich was the best out of that group as well, although that isn't saying much.

itshappening
03-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Newt is the consummate pro, if something is popular he'll give props and milk it and that's why all these hosts are praising Rand... not because they believe in due process but because it's a Republican getting a victory over the mighty White House

Feeding the Abscess
03-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Go ahead and click on the "play" icon. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Newt was 110% with Rand in every imaginable way, and basically ripped McCain another gaping orifice.

You were snookered by Gingrich. He said nothing that disagrees with his position on assassinations. It all hinges on the definition of enemy combatant, and if you know Gingrich's position on that, it's very expansive.

anaconda
03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
You were snookered by Gingrich. He said nothing that disagrees with his position on assassinations. It all hinges on the definition of enemy combatant, and if you know Gingrich's position on that, it's very expansive.

People aren't that informed. This is Fox News. Most everyone heard that Gingrich supports Rand and that the 5th Amendment is something to be valued by Americans.

Feeding the Abscess
03-08-2013, 01:49 AM
People aren't that informed. This is Fox News. Most everyone heard that Gingrich supports Rand and that the 5th Amendment is something to be valued by Americans.

That's the problem. Since people aren't informed, they are easily molded, and the view Gingrich espoused (which is every bit supportive of the GWOT) could become the "limited government" in their minds. You watched a master of co-opting at work.

devil21
03-08-2013, 02:55 AM
That was probably the most positive interview Ive heard with a Newt or a Sean in the title. Newt is uber politician and is seeing where the winds are turning.

It was just surreal watching that interview. Felt pretty weird....good, but weird. Anybody else?

anaconda
03-08-2013, 03:41 AM
That was probably the most positive interview Ive heard with a Newt or a Sean in the title. Newt is uber politician and is seeing where the winds are turning.

It was just surreal watching that interview. Felt pretty weird....good, but weird. Anybody else?

As Hannity said in the interview: "I feel a shift.."

matt0611
03-08-2013, 07:30 AM

That's because Rand is a genius when it comes to articulating his positions.

CaptLouAlbano
03-08-2013, 07:43 AM

Packaging means a lot

http://momentswithmel.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/4121356255_921799df4e.jpg

acptulsa
03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey now, let's be fair: Gingrich has held basically every position on basically every issue: you can't hold it against him that some of those happen to be liberal ;)

Hell, he's clearly and obviously a chameleon, given how fast he can change his stripes, but he claims to be a newt. What does that tell you?