PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Nat'l Delegate Running for Chair of Cobb County GOP 3/9

sailingaway
03-07-2013, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D24ds55kmv8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Submitted by richtrix on Thu, 03/07/2013 - 18:46
in
Daily Paul Liberty Forum
Georgia Video
Oleg Ivutin, Russian immigrant and Ron Paul national delegate to Tampa, has thrown his hat in the ring for Cobb County chairman, the largest Republican county in the southeast. He is running against incumbent chairman Joe Dendy who famously told Oleg when he voted for Ron Paul at the National Convention that he would never be able to hold in the office in Cobb County. The election will occur this Saturday, March 9th, at the Cobb County GOP Convention. Here is his latest campaign video just released today. vote it up and view it up folks. Oleg and his slate of officers have a real shot at this.

h/t DailyPaul http://www.dailypaul.com/277348/ron-paul-national-delegate-running-for-chairman-of-largest-county-gop-in-the-southeast-video?page=1

ItsTime
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I would like to get in touch with him. I am working with a handful of other national delegates on something. Anyone have his contact information?

Mr.NoSmile
03-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Does he appear to have the name recognition and backing to be an incumbent? Especially in Georgia where, if I recall correctly at the RNC, they don't look too highly upon people who are fans of Paul.

sailingaway
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I would like to get in touch with him. I am working with a handful of other national delegates on something. Anyone have his contact information?

If you post at the DP link the person who posted it may have that.

sailingaway
03-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Does he appear to have the name recognition and backing to be an incumbent? Especially in Georgia where, if I recall correctly at the RNC, they don't look too highly upon people who are fans of Paul.

And in Georgia we had a ton of people. We actually got an NDAA opposition requirement in for endorsement but they squirreled it when they realized it meant they couldn't endorse Romney.

we will find that out, won't we? And our people lost the losses they had by one or two votes, so hopefully they will all attend, here.

FSP-Rebel
03-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Someone on that thread insinuated that few people over there want activism nor help this guy out, so I told them to come over here where shit gets did.

sailingaway
03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
bump!

lib3rtarian
03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Love it. His video was inspiring!

Mr.NoSmile
03-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Judging by Twitter reactions, the guy lost:

Gabriel Sterling- Congratulations to Joe Dendy on his victory for Chairman in Cobb County. #gapol #gagop

Geoff Folsom- Takeover by Ron Paul wing fails. Cobb GOP Chairman Joe Dendy reelected to 2nd 2-year term 163-102. Opponents decry open voting. @mdjonline

Charlie Harper- Joe Dendy and slate re-elected to Cobb GOP Chair and officer positions. #gapol #gagop #cobb

Cobb YRs- We would like to congratulate Joe Dendy and his slate for winning the election today at the @cobbgop #CountyConvention #gagop #gapol

So there you have it. Numbers just weren't there or the other side just had more people.

sailingaway
03-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Gabriel Sterling- Congratulations to Joe Dendy on his victory for Chairman in Cobb County. #gapol #gagop

Geoff Folsom- Takeover by Ron Paul wing fails. Cobb GOP Chairman Joe Dendy reelected to 2nd 2-year term 163-102. Opponents decry open voting. @mdjonline

Charlie Harper- Joe Dendy and slate re-elected to Cobb GOP Chair and officer positions. #gapol #gagop #cobb

Cobb YRs- We would like to congratulate Joe Dendy and his slate for winning the election today at the @cobbgop #CountyConvention #gagop #gapol

Opponents decry open voting. As in, not just elected dels got to vote, crowds the 'winner' brought in did?

I wonder.

I'm sure we will find out.

FSP-Rebel
03-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Opponents decry open voting. As in, not just elected dels got to vote, crowds the 'winner' brought in did?

That may very well be the case. At our recent county convention about a third of the audience was guests and they were intertwined and sitting amongst the delegates in the room. When we started voting on things, I promptly went up to the chair and mentioned this and forced the credentials issue which wound up delegates being called by name from the secretary to line up to vote. The other thing about open voting is that it obliges people to not want to make enemies and thus they tend to go along with those in charge and the insiders know it. The candidates should either have to leave the room during voting or secret ballots should be used. However in this case, it doesn't seem like it was close enough to matter assuming only delegates voted.