PDA

View Full Version : Where should short-term focus be?

James R
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I believe the Nov 30th event conflicts with the Dec 16th event too much. There are only two paychecks separating the two. If we want to break the record on Dec 16th most of us will have to donate significantly more than we did on Nov 5th. We have grown very fast but less than 100% per month. Its best if we go all-out (literally every penny possible) on the 16th and donate what we can, viewing it as our entire rest-of-the-primaries donations in one day.

Edit: I should add I also believe in donating a few bucks immediately to the campaign. That is what I did simply because the campaign asked for it.

Edit#2: Also, after the TeaParty07 date I'm very interested in money streams rather than money bombs. During the primaries the money simply cannot wait.

Matt Collins
11-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Our focus should be raising money to buy local radio, tv, newspaper, and billboard ads (in that order).

James R
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Our focus should be raising money to buy local radio, tv, newspaper, and billboard ads (in that order).

I thought we were supposed to start with a target audience? Regardless, what is the next step to get this done? Do we set up a PAC first or use one that already exists? Do we try to do a multi-layered approach by doing more than one format at once? That seems to be the popular idea in marketing.

Paul4Prez
11-24-2007, 03:13 AM

I would put the order as billboards, radio, TV, and newspapers. Billboards are a lot harder to tune out than the others, and people are less likely to change the channel on the radio than on TV.

I also think the primary focus has to be on getting Ron Paul literature in the hands of as many people as possible in all the early primary states (up to and including Feb. 5th.)

GoneResistance
11-24-2007, 04:59 AM
Ron Paul has been mentioning the December 16th date in his interviews, and he said on Bloomberg he expects it to be bigger than November 5th.

The Associated Press picked up the story:
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/11/24/thompson_hits_giuliani_on_nyc_references/

The Seattle Times picked it up too:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004032337_ndig24.html

If people keep backing out on the TeaParty, Ron Paul is going to look really bad for promoting it.