PDA

View Full Version : John Feehery of CNN says Ron Paul has "silent admirers"

xerigen
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
John Feehery of CNN on the situation room just now says that Ron Paul has "silent admirers" in New Hampshire! I hope he means that there is more support that is unseen and that he doesn't mean that his supporters don't speak up. He said this in the context that Ron Paul could ruin McCain's campaign because of the New Hampshire primary. He also called Huckabee a top tier candidate.

garrettwombat
11-23-2007, 03:56 PM
huckabee has no money... how is he top tier.

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 03:58 PM
More to the point, Huckabee would never win the general election, because it would be impossible for him to win a single blue state...whereas RP could win CA, NY, etc.

ItsTime
11-23-2007, 04:02 PM
It is going to be hard for McCain to do well in New Hampshire because McCain is one of those secret admirers ;)

jgmaynard
11-23-2007, 04:11 PM
This is one of the reasons I love NH so much... :D

We are a very independent state with a strong libertarian zeitgeist that, combined with a strong distrust of Hillary is creating a situation where the Ds are losing people to Paul. Meanwhile the Independents (44%) are largely splitting between Paul and Obama. Three of the most liberal people I know are supporting Paul this election and I know it's not an isolated case. That doesn't mean they are going around loudly trumpeting Ron, but he's catching on... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jgmaynard/opuspaul.jpg

JM

goRPaul
11-23-2007, 04:15 PM
It was interesting though, because the Democratic strategist brought RP up before the republican or the host. Then she went on to say he's just a gadfly and doesn't have a chance.

evadmurd
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
More to the point, Huckabee would never win the general election, because it would be impossible for him to win a single blue state...whereas RP could win CA, NY, etc.

There will NOT be a republican president unless it is Ron Paul. I wish they would figure that out.

Gorgy
11-23-2007, 05:17 PM
There will NOT be a republican president unless it is Ron Paul. I wish they would figure that out.

The scary thing is that some of them HAVE figured it out...and they'd prefer it that way!