PDA

View Full Version : Lets try to ride this Rand Paul wave-brainstorming for video

coastie
03-07-2013, 02:16 PM
As the title states. I'd like to do a video on this, just need some ideas. My writer's block is really shining through today.

Theme is gonna be "Common Ground", which may end up being the title as well.

I have the software(Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects CS6), time and over 1tb of youtube videos to pick from, and that gets a little bigger everyday.

Please suggest any speeches, news coverage, etc. that you can think of that could be used. Let's be diverse here, several politicians need to be used, we can't just use the Paul's-common ground here.

Creative writers, please join in as well.

I'd like the video to be 5 minutes or less, people's attention spans tend to wander after about 3 minutes.

Ok....Execute.:D

ETA: Please include links to any pertinent youtube videos, in case I don't already have them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I have nothing to offer besides appreciation right now. Thanks for taking on such projects.

coastie
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
I have nothing to offer besides appreciation right now. Thanks for taking on such projects.

No problem, it's good practice, and waking people up is just about all we can do at this point.

TheGrinch
03-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I will certainly give this some thought, and would be happy to assist you in any way, both in video and concept.

The difficult part is that common ground is different for different groups. We have some common ground with most all on issues like this, but different aspects that different groups like and dislike.

Hmmm, will give this more thought for sure. PM me if you need anything.

libertygrl
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
If people can't come up with ideas right away, could you maybe help with finding links to footage? It would save a lot of time so that Coastie can get this video out asap. I'm looking for news footage or CSPAN footage of both Dems and Republicans in favor of Obama's drone policy at home, footage of calling america a battlefield now, etc. In other words, footage that can be used as proof that BOTH sides approve of these unconstitutional policies.

This is just a start. I'll think of more later. Thanks!

coastie
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
If people can't come up with ideas right away, could you maybe help with finding links to footage? It would save a lot of time so that Coastie can get this video out asap. I'm looking for news footage or CSPAN footage of both Dems and Republicans in favor of Obama's drone policy at home, footage of calling america a battlefield now, etc. In other words, footage that can be used as proof that BOTH sides approve of these unconstitutional policies.

This is just a start. I'll think of more later. Thanks!

On this note, I'd like to clarify that I think we should use EVERYONE - including our congress critters - in a way that we agree. I know these morons back track on themselves every other phrase out of their mouth...but if I can get clips of them saying things that we all agree on, I think that would work better in the long run. Too many today are programmed to instantly shut down when their critter is attacked in any way. I want to focus on when we agree with what they are saying, I think that would pull people together on this more than attacking Congress people....

I'm gonna use the various talking heads as well, not just congress critters.

coastie
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Alright, I'm gonna go do some parent-type things for the next few hours, I'll check back later for any more ideas, and try to think of some while I'm out(even brought pen and notebook with me, lol - I suggest you guys do the same)/

libertygrl
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I will certainly give this some thought, and would be happy to assist you in any way, both in video and concept.

The difficult part is that common ground is different for different groups. We have some common ground with most all on issues like this, but different aspects that different groups like and dislike.

Hmmm, will give this more thought for sure. PM me if you need anything.

The common ground theme I was discussing with Coastie privately, was this particular issue of the president targeting americans with drones. That's what the focus should be. (At least that's what I meant when I mentioned the common ground theme to coastie) Focus on the common ground that we have in agreeing with Rand Paul's stance yesterday. That we don't want America turned into a battlefield and that the Pres. does not have the authority to go after anyone without due process.
That our rights must be protected. THIS is the common ground I was referring to earlier. The video is to build momentum for yesterday's filibuster by showing that we all share common ground with this particular issue. That it isn't a Republican or Democrat thing.

cbc58
03-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe it's just me but what I got out of his effort is just that - making the effort and having the fortitude to stand up and speak to issues you believe in. That is a much more mainstream message than drones targeting American's.

tangent4ronpaul
03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
If you want to make a quicky, I'd be quite pleased of you used my idea from post 100 here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406617-White-House-responds-to-Rand-Paul-No-authority-to-drone-kill-Americans-on-US-soil/page10

Drone pilots guide to grenade launcher (or just weapon) identification in determining if a American is an "imminent threat".

-t

libertygrl
03-07-2013, 04:50 PM
On this note, I'd like to clarify that I think we should use EVERYONE - including our congress critters - in a way that we agree. I know these morons back track on themselves every other phrase out of their mouth...but if I can get clips of them saying things that we all agree on, I think that would work better in the long run. Too many today are programmed to instantly shut down when their critter is attacked in any way. I want to focus on when we agree with what they are saying, I think that would pull people together on this more than attacking Congress people....

I'm gonna use the various talking heads as well, not just congress critters.

Oh yeah. Absoultely. Actually, I think we're on the same page. What I was trying to convey is that BOTH parties are alike if one takes the time to listen to them. Both parties are pushing unconstitutional legislation like the Drone program. I thought THAT could be just one of a few unifying themes in the video. You know what I'm saying?

Since Holder did come out with a letter today supposedly saying that the WH would not target Americans without due process in this country, some people may argue that this video would be a moot point now. But I think we can still use this drone issue as an opportunity to reveal other issues that the President is pushing (along with Congress), relating to the attacks on our liberties.

I really think an outline needs to be drawn up so that this concept of common ground is more cohesive. We'll get it all fleshed out eventually.

libertygrl
03-07-2013, 04:51 PM
If you want to make a quicky, I'd be quite pleased of you used my idea from post 100 here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406617-White-House-responds-to-Rand-Paul-No-authority-to-drone-kill-Americans-on-US-soil/page10

Drone pilots guide to grenade launcher (or just weapon) identification in determining if a American is an "imminent threat".

-t

Thanks tangent.

tangent4ronpaul
03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I have the software(Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects CS6)

How/where did you learn to use those tools and how long did it take you?

-t

coastie
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
How/where did you learn to use those tools and how long did it take you?

-t

Going to school for it right now, will be Adobe certified in Premier Pro, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop when I'm done.

TBH though - I learned most of it by watching youtube videos on the software, no shit. Adobe also has really good how to's on their site as well. Other than that, just playing around with it and seeing what happens when I click this icon type of thing.

Premier Pro I picked up really quick, After Effects has a learning curve for sure, but again, watching youtube videos helps a lot. For just editing videos, Premier Pro is all you'll need, really. I just bought the entire Master Collection last year, since I was going to school for it. The computers at my school are GARBAGE, they can't even run these programs without crashing 1.6 billion times on you, so I just bought the software(student discount) and built my own computer.