PDA

View Full Version : Cop Rearends Motorcyclist - Blames Motorcyclist

DamianTV
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/March/Cop-rear-ends-biker/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T5Rb_3GlMTM

Published on Mar 1, 2013

*******They've launched an internal investigation*******

Yeah, we know how that is going to turn out.

Nirvikalpa
03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
What a complete ass. You don't tailgate someone. It's obvious the motorcyclist was stopping / going slow to let the car driver with his blinker on get over (although why that IDIOT took forever is beyond me).

Cop sounded like he wanted him to go right behind/besides the car, right in the blind-spot...

Small dick syndrome. A lot of cops have it...

LibertyEagle
03-07-2013, 01:04 PM
The cop is full of shit. It's called following too closely and he was at fault. That said, I do hate it when people stop in the middle of the damn road when there is nothing in front of them requiring they do so.

coastie
03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
What a complete ass. You don't tailgate someone. It's obvious the motorcyclist was stopping / going slow to let the car driver with his blinker on get over (although why that IDIOT took forever is beyond me).

Cop sounded like he wanted him to go right behind/besides the car, right in the blind-spot...

Small dick syndrome. A lot of cops have it...

Hmm, I dunno. After re-watching the video several times, the car trying to get over was really far ahead of him, and the cyclist did stop for apparently no reason. There was no reason to even be slowing down at the point he did, and certainly no reason to just stop on the road.

That being said, it is completely the cops fault he hit him from behind, it's my opinion that it is always your fault for hitting someone from behind.

I'm not so sure where the "small dick syndrome" comes from, he left with a handshake and no tickets.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
That being said, it is completely the cops fault he hit him from behind, it's my opinion that it is always your fault for hitting someone from behind.

Yeah... I thought that was basic typical traffic law. If I ran into people who stopped or slowed in front of me for no apparent reason, I'd be in an accident once a week.

Fivezeroes
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll never understand why when one cop fucks up, we all get lumped in with him or her. What this cop did was against state driving laws period, you NEVER follow someone that damn close, we don't even do that in car chases unless we're trying to disable the vehicle by spinning them out. All I can sit here and do is shake my head at this officer's idiocy.

Thor
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Threatened giving "a shitload of tickets" to avoid having to exchange insurance information and have a police report filed. Douche.

Zippyjuan
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Imposible to tell how far back the cop car was. Can't say if he was following too close.

Fivezeroes
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Imposible to tell how far back the cop car was. Can't say if he was following too close.

Nah that cop was def too close, he should never be riding anyone's bumper like that, especially not a motorcyclist.

Zippyjuan
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
You can't even see the cop car in the video except for when the motorcyclist rides past him. Curious how you are determining how far back he was?

aGameOfThrones
03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I'll never understand why when one cop fucks up, we all get lumped in with him or her. What this cop did was against state driving laws period, you NEVER follow someone that damn close, we don't even do that in car chases unless we're trying to disable the vehicle by spinning them out. All I can sit here and do is shake my head at this officer's idiocy.

Because of this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405717-Former-Philadelphia-Cop-Who-Punched-Woman-in-Face-Found-Not-Guilty-Video

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405074-Trooper-in-vehicular-homicide-walks-when-fellow-cop-fails-to-appear

angelatc
03-07-2013, 07:31 PM

If he hit someone in the rear end, he was following too close. (Unless he was cut off.)

AGRP
03-07-2013, 07:34 PM

It cant be that hard to understand. Its because of the thin blue line and this "lumping" would go away if there were more hero cops instead of cowards that fill cities like Austin. What is the name of your other account/s?

RockEnds
03-07-2013, 07:44 PM

That's what I was told when my oldest child first got his license and had his first accident. He hit a car that had slammed on the brakes on a gravel road stirring up a huge cloud of dust. Then the other driver put her car into reverse because she determined she was on the wrong road. My son didn't get a ticket, but my insurance paid for her car because he hit her from behind.

That said, I don't think it helped that the driver of the car he hit was my (former) insurance agent's step daughter. :rolleyes:

DamianTV
03-07-2013, 07:45 PM

If the cop hit him, then he was following too close. That is exactly the definition of "too close".

Bikes also stop way faster than cars, they just have less mass, and drivers need to be able to expect that. People also need to expect pedestrians stepping off the curb or into the road, or bikes that lose balance and fall down right in front of you.

I do drive like an asshole, but not when it puts human life at risk.

Invi
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Either he was following too close, or he was not paying attention.

Fox McCloud
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Hard to tell what exactly happened or who was at fault, for sure.

It's suspicious that he was driving so slowly and braked for no apparent reason....that said, it does seem equally strange the cop was not able to stop in time either. We really would need both videos to determine what happened and who was at fault.

John of Des Moines
03-07-2013, 08:31 PM
This case will turn on the old legal maxim:

Know thy facts of the case as they will guide you to your victory,
if you can not win on the facts of the case;
Know thy law as law can overrule the facts of the case,
if you can not win on the facts of the case or upon the law;
Know thy judge since both the facts and the law can only be overruled by only him.

coastie
03-07-2013, 08:38 PM

You must work for the smallest police department in the world with only wagon trails in town...I just got followed almost all the way home by a cop no less than 15 feet off my bumper(35 mph the whole way home), and this isn't a new experience. I see it almost every damn day around here, and have for as long as I can remember.

Fivezeroes
03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
It cant be that hard to understand. Its because of the thin blue line and this "lumping" would go away if there were more hero cops instead of cowards that fill cities like Austin. What is the name of your other account/s?

Ummm, what other account? It took me almost two weeks to even get this one activated, if I had another account, do you think that RPF would have activated this one? I read the forum rules. One account only.

Fivezeroes
03-07-2013, 08:42 PM
You must work for the smallest police department in the world with only wagon trails in town...I just got followed almost all the way home by a cop no less than 15 feet off my bumper(35 mph the whole way home), and this isn't a new experience. I see it almost every damn day around here, and have for as long as I can remember.

The only reason he was following you that close, was he was calling in your tags. I wouldn't say one of the 7 cities is a small PD. IIRC there's about 15 precincts just in my city alone. It would probably be so much easier with horses and buggies though.

coastie
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
The only reason he was following you that close, was he was calling in your tags. I wouldn't say one of the 7 cities is a small PD. IIRC there's about 15 precincts just in my city alone. It would probably be so much easier with horses and buggies though.

It takes 15 minutes to run plates? Surely, you jest. That was not the only reason he was following me that close. He was following me that close BECAUSE HE COULD.

I've had enough experience growing up around here and having my rights violated by cops on a near daily basis, and my near decade experience in LE to know what's up, I'm not 15 years old...you sound like a really new cop, still repeating what you were told at the academy.

Fivezeroes
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
It takes 15 minutes to run plates? Surely, you jest. That was not the only reason he was following me that close. He was following me that close BECAUSE HE COULD.

I've had enough experience growing up around here and having my rights violated by cops on a near daily basis, and my near decade experience in LE to know what's up, I'm not 15 years old...you sound like a really new cop, still repeating what you were told at the academy.

No just repeating what I do, if I want to run your tags I'm on your bumper like stink on shit.

coastie
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
No just repeating what I do, if I want to run your tags I'm on your bumper like stink on shit.

How long does it take you to read off 6 numbers and letters?

Funny how I have no problem reading tags from a safer distance than 15 feet behind the car in front of me. It's an intimidation tactic, period.

Wolverine302
03-07-2013, 11:25 PM
1. guy on bike seemed like he slammed on his brakes enticing the cop to hit him and catch it on film
2. bikers give extra distance in case someone is not paying attention and rear ends him (ooops), but, his guy was giving waay to much and you can see in the film he slammed on his breaks way to hard way to fast
3. you are responsible for your vehicle at all speeds, you get tickets for losing control on ice, you get tickets for rear ending vehicles because you must be assuring enough stopping distance
4. cop is a dick, but the biker is a dumb ass too. that would have pissed me off if i was behind that guy.
5. i hope the cop gets reprimanded for threatening to get out of a sticky situation but using his position as a law enforcer to get out of it.