PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul best filibuster in USA history

rubioneocon
03-07-2013, 07:36 AM
It doesn't have to be longest . . .

Harry Reid back in the day may have been at a severe disadvantage -
college campuses have never been so involved in a US Senate filibuster as
was the case yesterday and the wee hours of this morning . . .

Along with Senator Cruz's reporting what was going on outside the halls of Congress
over the internet, the USA has never seen a filibuster heard around the world.

It is a debate, yet only one Dimocrat debated so there was little interest by most of the people's elected representative of their respective states.

Grassley and McCain . . . sorry no shows.

Realize Senators that your constituents - including granny with her first ever tweet -
were paying attention standing with Rand.

So vote wisely honorable Senators . . .
you yourselves may have been doing something more important than to debate pro or con with
only a junior Senator of the great state of Kentucky - yet Texas born and raised no less . . .
on an anniversary of the Alamo. classic!

Epic Filibuster - is all the headlines you should be reading over this am cup of joe from Detroit to LA . . . Seattle, San Francisco too.

So many simple truths stated by Rand last night, eh ?

What is your fav . . .

"if you use only cash, you are considered a terrorist."

Sad, but true.

Rand told it like it is while holding down the floor of Congress like no one has ever before.

Rand stated, and gave reasons, why he does not consent to the nomination for the CIA director
picked by President BO.

So how many other Nay votes today . . . ?
Cruz etc etc etc

Senator John Barrasso (R-Wyoming)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/senbarrasso001a_zps74b02582.jpg

Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/senlee001x_zps6142c870.jpg

The citizens of the USA - and of the world for that matter - are watching your votes today Senators . . .like never before.
You all go now and decide how the war games will be played by the Central Intelligence Agency
for now maybe just on the global battlefield including inside the USA borders -
but eventually everywhere.

" I do not know what weapons will be used for World War III . . .
I do know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
Dr. Albert Einstein
Professor of Physics, Princeton University, USA

And a mother proud of her son . . . on an historic evening/early morning

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/mrs_ronpaul002b_zpsce08535d.jpg

Mr.NoSmile
03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Love the optimism, but really, I think you, or anyone for that matter, should give something at least more than a day to settle in before calling it the best in USA history.

rubioneocon
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Love the optimism, but really, I think you, or anyone for that matter, should give something at least more than a day to settle in before calling it the best in USA history.

I guess you missed it . . . and then rely on some pundit to tell you what to think.

Feel sorry fer ya' stuck in that muck there , Mr. NoSmile

V3n
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
So how's everyone doing this morning? :D

I'm waiting to see the media round-up - but I think he made his case and sounded the alarm. The White House will not be able to keep quiet on this.

I don't know if it was the best in history, but certainly the best in my lifetime. Exciting to watch history playout before your eyes. I think he woke a lot of people up yesterday.

rubioneocon
03-07-2013, 08:10 AM
So how's everyone doing this morning? :D

I'm waiting to see the media round-up . . .

I don't know if it was the best in history, but certainly the best in my lifetime.

OK I agree, but I can post some of the supporting info / youtubes for the best ever claim :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81PmoTAeYzA

Mr.NoSmile
03-07-2013, 08:14 AM
I guess you missed it . . . and then rely on some pundit to tell you what to think.

Feel sorry fer ya' stuck in that muck there , Mr. NoSmile

Selective hearing. I watched it from the second hour onward until the end. All I did was say give it a while to settle in before you call it the BEST in history. That's pretty hyperbolic. You weren't around for Thurmond's filibuster, which still holds the record, and chances are someone would call that the best years after hearing it. Don't put words in my mouth and I won't put any in yours, thank you.

unknown
03-07-2013, 08:15 AM
If nothing else, it was just so incredibly timely.

Something to give people hope especially now, when the rhetoric against freedom lovers is at an all time high and no one in DC seems to care???

newbitech
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
probably the best ever in terms of audience.

kcchiefs6465
03-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Best ever. No mumbling or piss breaks. Ten hours at least of talking strictly drones with some foreign policy to boot.

rubioneocon
03-07-2013, 01:07 PM
You weren't around for Thurmond's filibuster . . . I won't put any in yours, thank you.

You did . . . I was AROUND technically speaking. ok, I admit too young to be paying attention - so you are correct in a way.

But respectfully, just take a look at what happened . . . never has their been such involvement by the citizens . . . their comments (tweets)
a part of the actual filibuster itself.

Sorry, that is just too much over the top. Sen Cruz made that part happen.
Strom cant touch that . . . Sorry.

rubioneocon
03-12-2013, 06:11 AM
probably the best ever in terms of audience.

Best ever in audience . . .

also best ever in the fact it was staged by a freshman Senator,
who could stand up to the Harry Reids et al.
along with his colleague from the great state of Texas.

It elicited the response from the Attorney General of the USA - who had not been honestly forthcoming.

dancjm
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
And . . . (I got some new youtubes to post in a later in the day edit)

:D

rubioneocon
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
:D

OK, back to making my point . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDSGXYZNlQ

watch this exchange closely . . . the freshman Senator from Kentucky taking on the big guns here.

very crafty Rand . . . not giving up the floor - this is a statesman at his finest.

Harry Reid pissed . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/reid003a_zpsd2e3e561.jpg

Mr.NoSmile
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
You did . . . I was AROUND technically speaking. ok, I admit too young to be paying attention - so you are correct in a way.

But respectfully, just take a look at what happened . . . never has their been such involvement by the citizens . . . their comments (tweets)
a part of the actual filibuster itself.

Sorry, that is just too much over the top. Sen Cruz made that part happen.
Strom cant touch that . . . Sorry.

That's quite an unfair comparison considering Twitter, C-SPAN, and many of the technological advances that make for instantaneous response weren't around in 1957. The most you could get would be letters or mentions on television, but no such thing as tweeting back then. It's only this much involvement by citizens because of advancements in technology. Unless a mail truck continually delivered letters back and forth from the South to the Hill and speeches were being televised back then, it's not realistic to compare the two as far as citizen involvement.

rubioneocon
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
That's quite an unfair comparison considering Twitter, C-SPAN, and many of the technological advances that make for instantaneous response weren't around in 1957. . . .

Unfair . . . amazing how the short end of the stick in any competition or comparison crys out "unfair".

Yes the tech advances over 1957 made the Rand Paul 11.5 hour/Ted Cruz 1+ hr. filibuster the MOST watched and MOST citizen participation
filibuster . . . and not even in only black and white on the tube. Aint it amazing what they are doing these days granny and grandpaw.

And with two freshman Senators leading the charge as compared to Strom in his second stint in the Senate . . .
that ALSO makes the March 6-7, 2013 filibuster the best in the history of the USA.

Its so UNFAIR that the old goats of the Grand Ol' Party just can't cling on to their old geezer ways and wrong ideas.

. . .

Mr.NoSmile
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Unfair . . . amazing how the short end of the stick in any competition or comparison crys out "unfair".

Yes the tech advances over 1957 made the Rand Paul 11.5 hour/Ted Cruz 1+ hr. filibuster the MOST watched and MOST citizen participation
filibuster . . . and not even in only black and white on the tube. Aint it amazing what they are doing these days granny and grandpaw.

And with two freshman Senators leading the charge as compared to Strom in his second stint in the Senate . . .
that ALSO makes the March 6-7, 2013 filibuster the best in the history of the USA.

Its so UNFAIR that the old goats of the Grand Ol' Party just can't cling on to their old geezer ways and wrong ideas.

. . .

Yeah...yeah, it's less about anything being a short end and more just acknowledging and accepting that technology was limited back then compared to now. That's not competitive. If that's unfair, then Ron Paul's treatment during 2012 was 'unfair' because he was ignored rather than being unable to appeal to the general mainstream GOP. You're harping on one word when I'm pointing out limitations in technology in 1957 compared to 2013. Doesn't take mentioning Twitter to point out that Paul had a larger following than Thurmond in his filibuster. Again, 'best' is subjective.

rubioneocon
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah...yeah, it's less about anything being a short end and more just acknowledging and accepting that technology was limited back then compared to now. That's not competitive. If that's unfair, then Ron Paul's treatment during 2012 was 'unfair' because he was ignored rather than being unable to appeal to the general mainstream GOP. You're harping on one word when I'm pointing out limitations in technology in 1957 compared to 2013. Doesn't take mentioning Twitter to point out that Paul had a larger following than Thurmond in his filibuster. Again, 'best' is subjective.

what the effing are you talking about . . . ?
Who is not acknowledging that technology was primitive in 1957 when Strom Thurmond spoke for 24 hours.
Strom was severely limited by the crude media technology . . .
and now, in the 21st century, the best filibuster in the USA history occurred on March 6-7, 2013
arguably from a confluence of factors especially - but not limited to - the vast improvements in technology.

They only superlative of Strom Thurmond's filibuster is that you can say that it was longer . . . yet longer is not necessarily better in everything.

Old goat Republicans and Democrats need to stop clinging on so dearly to the archaic times they cherish -
the youth are starting to see what bullsheeeeet they really are.

thoughtomator
03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
This was the first real mass participation filibuster in history.

rubioneocon
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
This was the first real mass participation filibuster in history.

and it forced the opposition to make a move . . . it was not just fluff.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/obamaanswer.jpg

rubioneocon
03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
my first look at some of the post filibuster interview with Rand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDzhxJqXeo