PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Takes Aim at Loud Music

green73
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Now listen up, if you can.

Mayor Bloomberg — who has already cracked down on smoking, junk food, trans fats, salt and super-sized drinks — is embarking on a new crusade: preventing New Yorkers from going deaf.

Hizzoner’s health officials are planning a social-media campaign to warn young people about the risk of losing their hearing from listening to music at high volume on personal MP3 players, The Post has learned.

“With public and private support, a public-education campaign is being developed to raise awareness about safe use of personal music players . . . and risks of loud and long listening,” said Nancy Clark, the city Health Department’s assistant commissioner of environmental-disease prevention.

cont
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mayor_deaf_jammer_S37gCMR9xUDKw2vx9bjFVM

coastie
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
“With public and private support, a public-education campaign is being developed to raise awareness about safe use of personal music players . . . and risks of loud and long listening,” said Nancy Clark, the city Health Department’s assistant commissioner of environmental-disease prevention.

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that the NYPD will be used to publicly edumacate the people on this issue?

ETA: I have a friend that lives in NYC...he seriously still wonders why I won't ever come to visit him...:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Guess they can order the manufacturers of the MP3 players to not make them produce audio over a certain amplitude. Of course this would only be for those areas where there is legislation against the loud music.

I'm sure the manufacturers would comply most promptly. /s

jkr
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
w0w

they sure know how to waste time & resources in that shit hole

sevin
03-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Hizzoner’s health officials are planning a social-media campaign to warn young people about the risk of losing their hearing from listening to music at high volume on personal MP3 players, The Post has learned.

Wait... listening to loud music is bad for your hearing? I had no idea!

Thanks, government! :)

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Ehhhh... wut?

BlackJack
03-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Wait, I can't hear ya! Turn up the volume!

oyarde
03-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I want to see the rest of Bloomturd's list.