http://youtu.be/8RtYfusw4qw

CTRattlesnake
03-06-2013, 10:46 AM
"We can prevent rape by telling men not to commit it"

Logic,

not even once

luctor-et-emergo
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Sure, and kids won't use drugs either when they are told in school that these are evil substances ?

Do notice where Hannity brought up that criminals don't abide laws:

>But criminals are not going to listen to that.
<We're not talking about that, uh I mean yes. Men are committing a crime but many of them..... *Rambling*

Does she not think rapists are criminals ?
No logic at all.

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Works the same with gun control. Only let the criminals have guns. It's already against the law to murder someone.

RockEnds
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
HOW did we miss this all these millennium? Okay men...Don't rape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

Yep. Problem solved.

/sarc

coastie
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
.....is the screen doing crazy things to anyone else's eyes, or did I somehow accidentally ingest LSD this morning?

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
.....is the screen doing crazy things to anyone else's eyes, or did I somehow accidentally ingest LSD this morning?
Have you been staring at my avatar?

sailingaway
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
off twitter:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-m1qmtCGquBk/UStt_yjIehI/AAAAAAAABQc/G0clHNOnLUU/s1600/Daughter.jpg

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 11:22 AM
off twitter:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-m1qmtCGquBk/UStt_yjIehI/AAAAAAAABQc/G0clHNOnLUU/s1600/Daughter.jpg
What's so stupid about the piece of paper is it can keep a person from purchasing and registering a gun even if they already have a collection of them.

Todd
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
We need to prop old Nancy Reagan up and reinvent the "Just say No" campaign.........since it was so effective.

jkr
03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4557206068920678&pid=1.7&w=177&h=140&c=7&rs=1

coastie
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Have you been staring at my avatar?

<staring blankly at your avatar>. ...........................wait...what? Lemme finish watching TV here, gosh. <back to avatar>

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
We need to prop old Nancy Reagan up and reinvent the "Just say No" campaign.........since it was so effective.
LOLZ :D

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtYfusw4qw
Truly, Faux News seems to be the most vapid broadcast outlet out there. (I could be mistaken though, as I know virtually nothing about modern TV)

Nirvikalpa
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
This is usually what people say in response to the "she deserved it/she brought it on herself with what she wore/said/where she went," etc. It's not the responsibility of women to get men to not rape them... it's men's responsibility to not be monsters.

So yes, men shouldn't rape. But I'm not an idiot and know there are monsters out there, and will plan accordingly. But could men be more sympathetic to it? Yeah, definitely.

dannno
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Legalize prostitution.

A lot of rapes are committed out of mere desperation for sex. These can be prevented.

bunklocoempire
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
The right to tell men not to commit rape being necessary to prevent rape shall not be infringed.

Devo.

idiom
03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
This is actually happening in India at the moment. Its not being covered much there is a massive nation wide protest going on basically aimed at telling men rape is not acceptable, because it largely is at the moment.

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
The right to tell men not to commit rape being necessary to prevent rape shall not be infringed.

Devo.
Devo? You mean these guys? --->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo

RockEnds
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
This is usually what people say in response to the "she deserved it/she brought it on herself with what she wore/said/where she went," etc. It's not the responsibility of women to get men to not rape them... it's men's responsibility to not be monsters.

So yes, men shouldn't rape. But I'm not an idiot and know there are monsters out there, and will plan accordingly. But could men be more sympathetic to it? Yeah, definitely.

I've no problem with telling men not to rape. I wouldn't want to be alone with any man who might disagree with that. However, the woman in that video made the assertion that will solve the problem. If we tell both men and women not to steal, it would be beyond naive to think that would end theft. The same can be said of her idea to simply tell men not to rape. There's nothing wrong with telling them, but one should never presume that because someone has been told not to do something, they will refrain from so doing. The woman is crazy. Her delusional opinion does nothing to protect women from rape. If anything, it may promote a false sense of security.

Humanae Libertas
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
So it's not sexist to single out men and tell them not to rape? Feminazi's are the real sexist.

On that note. Let's tell people not to murder either, or do drugs. Oh wait...

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtYfusw4qw

My favorite quote, paraphrased: "It's from the ACLU, so it must be legit!"

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Sure, and kids won't use drugs either when they are told in school that these are evil substances ?

Do notice where Hannity brought up that criminals don't abide laws:

>But criminals are not going to listen to that.
<We're not talking about that, uh I mean yes. Men are committing a crime but many of them..... *Rambling*

Does she not think rapists are criminals ?
No logic at all.

It depends on the circumstances. Not all young men who are ostracized and labeled as rapists are actually cold criminals who do this stuff on purpose. It could be a misunderstanding, but it still won't get you any sympathy.

MelissaWV
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
What's so stupid about the piece of paper is it can keep a person from purchasing and registering a gun even if they already have a collection of them.

This while, confusingly, simultaneously doing very little to protect anyone in actual danger. They are disturbingly worthless, providing a false sense of security, an opportunity to ruin lives, and an invite to get involved in one's personal matters.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM

There's definitely a point to the idea that the responsibility falls on men not to rape, but still... can't we cooperate on this? Sure, a woman has the right to be a slut, but does that mean nobody should be allowed to criticize her for it? Now we have slutwalks and things like that where women will rub their sluttiness in society's face and men are expected to just sit there and be servile and non-aggressive.

That's just not the way it works. Women can take a little bit of the impetus upon themselves instead of acting like being a slut is perfectly admirable conduct. There's a reason having several partners at once is generally looked down upon... it's just not a good idea. So, sure, men, don't rape. But can't women be civil about it and not rub it in everyone's face, crying foul when one man snaps. It's an ugly reality, but it must be dealt with, so let's deal with it and stop being a bunch of whiners. Being a respectable woman is about more than teaching men to grovel at your feet.

Restore America Now
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
"Men need to be trained not to rape" is as offensive to men as "she deserved/was asking for it" is offensive to women.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Truly, Faux News seems to be the most vapid broadcast outlet out there. (I could be mistaken though, as I know virtually nothing about modern TV)

The less you know.... the better.

MelissaWV
03-06-2013, 05:56 PM
There's definitely a point to the idea that the responsibility falls on men not to rape, but still... can't we cooperate on this? Sure, a woman has the right to be a slut, but does that mean nobody should be allowed to criticize her for it? Now we have slutwalks and things like that where women will rub their sluttiness in society's face and men are expected to just sit there and be servile and non-aggressive.

That's just not the way it works. Women can take a little bit of the impetus upon themselves instead of acting like being a slut is perfectly admirable conduct. There's a reason having several partners at once is generally looked down upon... it's just not a good idea. So, sure, men, don't rape. But can't women be civil about it and not rub it in everyone's face, crying foul when one man snaps. It's an ugly reality, but it must be dealt with, so let's deal with it and stop being a bunch of whiners. Being a respectable woman is about more than teaching men to grovel at your feet.

Interesting that Nikki talked about what women were wearing, and where they were, and you immediately went to "being a slut." She didn't talk about having multiple partners, but you tossed that in there. Maybe wearing something nice =/= automatically sleeping with anyone and anything and rubbing it in guys' faces.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
"Men need to be trained not to rape" is as offensive to men as "she deserved/was asking for it" is offensive to women.

Exactly. Train us like we're dogs. That's what it's all come down to... the slut walks, everything. It's truly just as disgusting as rape itself.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Interesting that Nikki talked about what women were wearing, and where they were, and you immediately went to "being a slut." She didn't talk about having multiple partners, but you tossed that in there. Maybe wearing something nice =/= automatically sleeping with anyone and anything and rubbing it in guys' faces.

Maybe I wasn't responding directly to Nikki at that point...

MelissaWV
03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Maybe I wasn't responding directly to Nikki at that point...

It started immediately after you quoted her. You can see how that's confusing, I guess.

Petar
03-06-2013, 06:02 PM
This woman seems to think that males are born with an innate tendency towards rape that needs to be conditioned away...

Something tells me that being raised in that kind of environment is actually going to instill a sense of resentment towards women...

I'm all for "training" kids to be nice though, I taught my nephews to be really gentle with my cat, for example.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM
It started immediately after you quoted her. You can see how that's confusing, I guess.

Do I have to spell out which parts are and are not responses to the above quote? I'm talking about my own experiences here and what I've seen from and object to from the feminazi crowd.

RockEnds
03-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Ladies, arm yourselves, and don't be afraid to be as mean as the devil himself if necessary.

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Now I have a question-how do we prevent women from raping? (there are instances in which women have engaged in sex acts with minors, for example...and there are probably more brutal cases I don't know of)

MelissaWV
03-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Now I have a question-how do we prevent women from raping? (there are instances in which women have engaged in sex acts with minors, for example...and there are probably more brutal cases I don't know of)

Apparently you just tell them not to do that, too.

Todd
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Stupid Liberals believe they can solve all problems through education.

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Nah. They try to solve a lot of problems with brute State force. Like poverty, hunger, etc.

Petar
03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
In her own convoluted stupid way, she does raise a good point.

Rape won't stop until people learn how to respect one another.

I guess that her big problem is that she does not understand that the right to keep and bear arms is a giant portion of the respect that humanity needs to learn.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Wd7o0dkHL._SS400_.jpg

-t

Cutlerzzz
03-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Stupid Liberals believe they can solve all problems through indoctrination.

I feel that this works better than education.

Philhelm
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
No rape? That's a violation of the spoils of war doctrine.

PaulConventionWV
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Not just "mama tell yo kids" education either, compulsory government re-education.