PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Now First Place in the AOL Poll

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 02:03 PM
For anyone who hasn't voted, take a moment to go there and help keep Paul in the lead.

hxxp://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/huckabee-gains-ground-in-gop-race/20071121080509990002

Brian in Maryland
11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
"Ron Paul Now First Place in the AOL Poll"

That's only because he has more supporters.

UtahApocalypse
11-23-2007, 02:44 PM
but but but.... that poll is rigged with trickery, I saw the video......

yeah now don't you all look like fools.

Keith
11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

yeah now don't you all look like fools.

Or maybe they stopped rigging the poll after the truth was exposed.

thehittgirl
11-23-2007, 02:56 PM

yeah, probably!

Flash
11-23-2007, 03:01 PM

yeah now don't you all look like fucking fools.

All of us passed that video around to a bunch of internet forums. I doubt AOL would've kept it rigged after that video came out.

All news media corporations are biased towards their candidate.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 03:05 PM

I'm more inclined to believe this. There is no way that Giuliani and Huckabee got that many votes. No way. I watched their numbers at intervals throughout yesterday and today and they would go up small intervals (1 or 2) every 15-20 minutes, if that.

Either their supporters rigged the poll, or AOL rigged the poll by setting it with a nice buffer for the candidates they wanted.

If you think about it, Huckabee was in 2nd place. He only just recently started getting popular. You mean to tell me that he is going to get 40,000 votes out of nowhere? Bullshit.

This was a rigged poll and Paul's supporters overcame it.

paulitics
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Either AOL riggs every poll. Ron Paul handily loses 90%of them.

Or, AOL is a demographic that represents the "mainstream mindset", one that is not that attuned to politics, therefore half the people that voted don't know who RP is, thus Giuliani scores higher, and Huckabee's smiling face was on the headline creating a bias for him.

Based on the inane posts on their messageboards, I believe the latter is more plausible than the former.

terlinguatx
11-23-2007, 06:39 PM

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM

I think so.
No way the hundred plus votes at a time were pouring in for Rudy and others.

crock.
our votes were going towards them.

truthbetold
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
All of us passed that video around to a bunch of internet forums. I doubt AOL would've kept it rigged after that video came out.

All news media corporations are biased towards their candidate.

I passed the video to EVERY NEWS OUTLET AND EVERY E-MAIL AT FOX, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC AND LOCAL NEWS.
They had no choice but to stop rigging the poll or it would be all over the news. One of those would have reported it.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 07:52 PM
^^^ The only problem is now we are ahead. So it makes it look like we rigged the poll, now.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
^^^ The only problem is now we are ahead. So it makes it look like we rigged the poll, now.

what?

Since we're ahead we somehow started working for AOL and rigged it?

why do "supporters" say these kind of things?
we're ahead because we should be, because people vote for him.

idiom
11-23-2007, 08:13 PM
We're a bunch of evil hackers. A really really really big bunch. :)

adpierce
11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Not online anymore I checked the link given:

hxxp://news.aol.com/elections/story/...21080509990002

edit: Sorry I coped it into my browser wrong... I remembered to change the xx's but I didn't copy link location not just highlight copy and paste. my bad

James R
11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I passed the video to EVERY NEWS OUTLET AND EVERY E-MAIL AT FOX, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC AND LOCAL NEWS.
They had no choice but to stop rigging the poll or it would be all over the news. One of those would have reported it.

The video was actually taken down from YouTube at about 2PM today.

ionlyknowy
11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
does anyone know how you save videos on youtube.com?

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
google. download youtube videos

ionlyknowy
11-23-2007, 08:54 PM
ok got it.. should have done that before I posted on here... doh..

James R
11-23-2007, 08:54 PM
does anyone know how you save videos on youtube.com?

The author of the video sent me a message saying he was wrong and linked to his new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lax5qopXMw

The new video makes a lot of sense and shows that AOL users are a little less bright than the rest of us.

werdd
11-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Lol, we win and they take down the poll, sounds familiar.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 09:02 PM
The poll is still up and Paul is still ahead. Here is the correct link.

hxxp://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/huckabee-gains-ground-in-gop-race/20071121080509990002

austin356
11-23-2007, 09:22 PM
who cares about online polls anymore?

Not me. Not worth the 1/10th of a megabyte of bandwidth.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Polls shape opinions ... like it or not.

austin356
11-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Polls shape opinions ... like it or not.

Online polls are not taken seriously and even if they were, everyone, even people who do not know who Ron is, know he is tops on the internet.

OOOH We win an online poll. Whotf cares? We have already made our impact in that area. If everyone spent as much time telling their neighbor about Ron as they do voting in online polls or making comments, etc, we would be 20% in the polls.

centure7
11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Online polls are not taken seriously and even if they were, everyone, even people who do not know who Ron is, know he is tops on the internet.

OOOH We win an online poll. Whotf cares? We have already made our impact in that area. If everyone spent as much time telling their neighbor about Ron as they do voting in online polls or making comments, etc, we would be 20% in the polls.

Sure nobody cares much, but it helps a lot with name recognition. All polls do clearly have at least some link to actual support, even if it isn't as strong as we'd like.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
who cares about online polls anymore?

Not me. Not worth the 1/10th of a megabyte of bandwidth.

people that don't work for the GOP.

don't listen to these tactics, continue t vote online, it only takes a split second.

V4Vendetta
11-23-2007, 10:19 PM

THE poll stopped being RIGGED when it was removed from the front page.... the polls only stay on the front page for one day, maybe less.....

Rigging the poll doesn't achieve it's desired goal, unless the 1,000's people that go there, see the results.....

Polls influence Public Opinion... Thats why its only rigged when its on the front page.

Most people AREN'T going to search through the archives for past polls.....

Hopefully some of you people will start to realize this shit..... and stop being stupid....

that poll was and still is a total waste of our time.... you can tell if a poll is rigged or not within a few hours.

James R
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
THE poll stopped being RIGGED when it was removed from the front page.... the polls only stay on the front page for one day, maybe less.....

Rigging the poll doesn't achieve it's desired goal, unless the 1,000's people that go there, see the results.....

Polls influence Public Opinion... Thats why its only rigged when its on the front page.

Most people AREN'T going to search through the archives for past polls.....

Hopefully some of you people will start to realize this shit..... and stop being stupid....

that poll was and still is a total waste of our time.... you can tell if a poll is rigged or not within a few hours.

The poll is still near the top of the elections section.

Aballistar
11-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Voted.

qwerty
11-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Voted, Ron is at 54,584