PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for Big Campaign Announcement

Pages : [1] 2

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 08:33 PM
The Campaign will be issuing a press release regarding Ron Paul’s exclusion from the Presidential Candidates Forum in short order. It will cause a slow, rumbling, tremor to roll thorough-out the land. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll shout out loud, then you’ll say “Oooo, that’s cool.” Sorry no further information is available.

And, if you try to press me for more remember this: "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies."

[Admin Edit: Big Announcement here: http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/in-iowa-ron-pau.html]

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Tonight? Tomorrow? You simply can't do this to us. :eek:

So we'll have to guess. (Add your own guesses.)

1. Ron Paul will speak on Park St, outside the forum, on June 30.
2. Ron Paul did his own polling, and we're beating Rudy McRomney combined.
3. Ron Paul single-handedly defeated the amnesty bill.
4. We fell asleep for a year and a half, just woke up, and Ron Paul won the whole damn election.

What, WHAT? My best guess is #1. (I hope it's not that they invited him to the forum and he accepted. I want to protest!)

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I am hoping for #4.

Original_Intent
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree. At this point the worst thing they could do imho is to invite Ron Paul.

Much better for us if they keep this up.

austinphish
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I'll take door #2

quickmike
06-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Ron Pauls campaign manager should rent out the building across the street from where they are having this thing, and put a HUGE ASS red white and blue sign on the front that says "Not satisfied with what you heard across the street? Come listen to the real conservative speak. RON PAUL 2008!!"

Might get some attention.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 09:14 PM
(I hope it's not that they invited him to the forum and he accepted. I want to protest!)

Come "rally" your sweet little heart out, baby. :cool:

Harald
06-22-2007, 09:15 PM
#5. Mike Gravel, DK, Bill Richardson and Ron Paul will host alternative debate at the same time

rg123
06-22-2007, 09:15 PM
door #4 for me

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron Pauls campaign manager should rent out the building across the street from where they are having this thing, and put a HUGE ASS red white and blue sign on the front that says "Not satisfied with what you heard across the street? Come listen to the real conservative speak. RON PAUL 2008!!"

Good idea, but no, so sad.

Dary
06-22-2007, 09:20 PM
They invited him to the forum and he said that he wouldn't be caught dead near the place?

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Not that I'm not as optimistic as everyone whose chimed in here, but if I'm gonna say "Ooooo that's cool!", I'm thinking I'll get a press release that disects each of the other candidates and how they've supported higher taxes at some time. The press release will then conclude with Ron hosting an event across the street from the forum site.

I don't think we'll get mention of #2-4 until after Q2 results are posted. I'll be happy if we're in the top 5 - that would mean we've broken through to the top-tier in my mind. Then if Ron does well in the straw polls in some states, he could break into the top 4 and then top 3. I don't see McCain keeping up. As long as the amnesty bill is discussed, he's done (sorry Mr. Failure!!).

Dary
06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Failor was found in his office curled up in the fetal position with drool running down his chin mumbling “make it stop, make it stop”….?

CurtisLow
06-22-2007, 09:23 PM
#5 All of the above.

lol

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Failor was found in his office curled up in the fetal position with drool running down his chin mumbling “make it stop, make it stop”….?

...with his secretary rubbing his back telling him that it's just for one more week and then it'll all be over...

Jeremie in Minnesota
06-22-2007, 09:29 PM
What, WHAT? My best guess is #1. (I hope it's not that they invited him to the forum and he accepted. I want to protest!)

I would like to discuss something before many of us show up in Des Moines next Saturday.

IMO, This should not be a protest. This is an opportunity to educate people about Dr. Paul. Protesting the fact Dr. Paul isn't allowed in (if that is still the case) just adds to a false perception that Dr. Paul is a fringe candidate that needs protesting to get attention. Moreover, the Conservative base we want to start listening to Dr. Paul will not look kindly at a bunch protestors. In other words, we may turn those voters off we will so desperately need at the Iowa Straw Poll.

Dr. Paul needs to appear in everyway that he is representing the mainstream thought of Americans more and more with every passing day.

I do agree with you Marianne - I hope he is not invited, or if he is invited, I hope the campaign does not accept at this point. The other big guns aren't going, why put yourself on stage next to some small guys who really don't represent tax relief?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Costs too much money -- Good idea, but no, so sad.

That's okay. We need to be outside where the press and forum attendees will see us, not hidden away in a building. I mean, we have SIGNS and TSHIRTS and LITERATURE. Going to be fun. But I don't think I can go to bed now that we've been teased with some big but vague forthcoming announcement.

walt
06-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Ron and Dennis should have their own private debate!

Dary
06-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope he is not invited, or if he is invited, I hope the campaign does not accept at this point.

I’m not a religious person but doesn’t the good book say “Cast not your pearls before swine”.

mdh
The Campaign will be issuing a press release regarding Ron Paul’s exclusion from the Presidential Candidates Forum in short order. It will cause a slow, rumbling, tremor to roll thorough-out the land. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll shout out loud, then you’ll say “Oooo, that’s cool.” Sorry no further information is available.

And, if you try to press me for more remember this: "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies."

Who are you again? lol.

Scribbler de Stebbing
IMO, This should not be a protest. This is an opportunity to educate people about Dr. Paul. Protesting the fact Dr. Paul isn't allowed in (if that is still the case) just adds to a false perception that Dr. Paul is a fringe candidate that needs protesting to get attention. Moreover, the Conservative base we want to start listening to Dr. Paul will not look kindly at a bunch protestors. In other words, we may turn those voters off we will so desperately need at the Iowa Straw Poll.

You're right, Jeremie. We're rallying. Happy ralliers exuding sunshine and light. 'Cause we're going to win. By then, we will have won against Failure anyways, so we'll have plenty to be happy about.

Seer
06-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Ron Paul was invited, but he declined because he didn't think the venue was credible.

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Come "rally" your sweet little heart out, baby. :cool:

Called it!! Ron is going to show up and represent true tax relief!!
NICE!!!

Come on, everyone! If you live anywhere within a few hours of Des Moines, you MUST show up and represent!!

WE ARE RON PAUL!!

Dary
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
So we'll have to guess. (Add your own guesses.)

The good people of Iowa finally realize what’s going on and decided to succeed from the union?

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
I would like to discuss something before many of us show up in Des Moines next Saturday.

Dr. Paul needs to appear in everyway that he is representing the mainstream thought of Americans more and more with every passing day.

I do agree with you Marianne - I hope he is not invited, or if he is invited, I hope the campaign does not accept at this point. The other big guns aren't going, why put yourself on stage next to some small guys who really don't represent tax relief?

Nice first post and I think that was the general consensus. Always good to post it out there for all to read.

Welcome to the forums.

Jeremie in Minnesota
06-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I’m not a religious person but doesn’t the good book say “Cast not your pearls before swine”.

Matthew 7:6

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

ARealConservative
06-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Who are you again? lol.

I Believe him.

I got a call right before our meetup group was supposed to meet with the Iowa campaign manager for the first time.

He said he had bad news, good news, and bad news.

Bad news - he's been in meetings in Des Moines all day and is cancelling with us.

Good news - the campaign has big news.

Bad news - he can't elaborate until tommorow.

So I've been killing myself since 4:30 about what it is.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Ron is going to show up and represent true tax relief!!

Sorry, I know a fact Ron is busy next weekend.:mad: :( :confused:

zMtLlC
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Ron Paul was invited, but he declined because he didn't think the venue was credible.

:D This is my guess.

PatriotOne
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Ohhhh...a mystery...I love mysteries!

Here's a sign for the rally in front of Failure's forum :p

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Yekt40/IowaVote.jpg

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
This is cruel and unusual punishment.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry, I know a fact Ron is busy next weekend.:mad: :( :confused:

Hmm. Thought for sure that was it.

Oh, oh, oh, I've got one. They're CANCELLING the forum. That doesn't really fit in with laugh, cry, then cool. Geez. Not a clue if it's not that "the package is getting delivered." (See code for Operation Failure in an earlier thread.)

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
He's chosen a VP and the VP will be at the forum. ??? And it's Patrick J Buchanan. ???

UCFGavin
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
when is this supposed to happen? :o

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
He's chosen a VP and the VP will be at the forum. ??? And it's Patrick J Buchanan. ???

Yeah, I like Pat. All the crap that's been dished out at him over the years and he's still in there pitching. :)

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
when is supposed to happen? :o

When the Campaign is ready to release it. :p

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 09:52 PM
when is this supposed to happen? :o

June 30th. Come if you can!

Check these threads for info:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3748

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3889

UCFGavin
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
June 30th. Come if you can!

Check these threads for info:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3748

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3889

oh that. haha, i would love to but i will be home and a long way away from iowa.

goldstandard
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Reagan is being resurrected and televises a speech called: Mr Failure, tear down this wall!

wecandoit
06-22-2007, 09:54 PM
well, if it has to do with the Iowa exclusion, AND we think it's going to be cool, then it could only mean that Ron Paul himself is going to do something to directly counter the exclusion, like be there in Iowa himself on June 30th, outside the event.

what else could it mean but that?

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
the number of troops that will rally in Iowa if General Paul shows up himself will be 100 fold!

Scribbler de Stebbing
John said RP will be elsewhere that weekend. Actually, he said RP would be BUSY that weekend, didn't he. Maybe . . .

John, should we wait up, or is it safe to hit the pillow? (Bear in mind that I'm coming down there June 30 and will personally make you pay if I go to bed and it is announced.)

LibertyEagle
Well, he could have decided not to go to Iowa at all and just concentrate on New Hampshire, like some of the others.

John of Des Moines
1. Ron Paul will speak on Park St, outside the forum, on June 30.

That was my idea but the campaign deep-six'd it. And I must admit their idea is much, much better. Maybe that's why I'm not work for them. :)

I can say that I'm still working on getting a permit for outside the Convention hall.

UCFGavin
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM
That was my idea but the campaign deep-six'd it. And I must admit their idea is much, much better. Maybe that's why I'm not work for them. :)

I can say that I'm still working on getting a permit for outside the Convention hall.

i haaaate you and your teases!! :p

Dary
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Reagan is being resurrected and televises a speech called: Mr Failure, tear down this wall!

That's a good one..

ow, oww.... I got one..

Failor admits to being pregnant with McCain’s miracle baby and want’s the good doctor to deliver it?

(Lord, I’m sorry for that, God bless the little pigmies of New Guinea )

Noodles
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Ron Paul is hosting Saturday Night Live?:confused:

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Well, at least we know this is going to have a happy ending. :)

Dave
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
You're toying with us, John!

How about this:

They've decided to let Dr. Paul into the forum (we'll laugh).
Dr. Paul can't make it (we'll cry). He's been summoned to meet the Pope.
He tells us to rally in Des Moines and sends Elvis to entertain (oooo, that's cool).

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Dary...

:D :D :D

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
John said RP will be elsewhere that weekend. Actually, he said RP would be BUSY that weekend, didn't he. Maybe . . .

John, should we wait up, or is it safe to hit the pillow? (Bear in mind that I'm coming down there June 30 and will personally make you pay if I go to bed and it is announced.)

They must have gone home for the weekend. :eek:

Actually, I thought they would have posted it by now. (And when the server crashed I wouldn't be able to have some fun with you all. :D

So, the decision is yours. Sweet Ron Paul dreams, night, night. ;)

You're reading way too much into my words.

ADGettis
06-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Ron Paul is hosting Saturday Night Live?:confused:

No, we want him somewhere where people will actually see him! ;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:04 PM

Okay, this will be good. Very good. Still not sure what, but I'd say any of you who were sitting on the fence over whether to get your butt to Iowa next weekend, had better start packing.

Edit: Bill Maher is coming to the rally! And Colbert! Is that it? I hope we're still outside where the press can ogle us.

Jeremie in Minnesota
06-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Well,

I'm exhausted, and have a baby who will be up by 6....so I'm out of here, I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow.

Jeremie

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 10:05 PM

Seriously, who are you again? :confused:

Texan4Life
06-22-2007, 10:07 PM
oo. ooo. I know!

They got the Ron Paul cloning machine working.

akalucas
06-22-2007, 10:08 PM
He is going to rent out a huge arena and going to have concert with different artist to attract young and old. Maybe like Paul McCartney, Carrie Underwood...maybe also a comedian..etc and then give a powerful speech and then hand out tickets for the straw poll to the thousands that attended.

John of Des Moines
You're toying with us, John!

How about this:

They've decided to let Dr. Paul into the forum (we'll laugh).
Dr. Paul can't make it (we'll cry). He's been summoned to meet the Pope.
He tells us to rally in Des Moines and sends Elvis to entertain (oooo, that's cool).

1. No invite.
2. Does the Pope support Paul?
3. Elvis isn't available.

Answer: We got Paris Hilton to hold her out of jail party here in Des Moines. And she's going to show us her prison tattoo supporting Paul. :rolleyes:

AgentSmith

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/BlakFeather/ZombieReagan.jpg

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
They must have gone home for the weekend. :eek:

Actually, I thought they would have posted it by now. (And when the server crashed I wouldn't be able to have some fun with you all. :D

So, the decision is yours. Sweet Ron Paul dreams, night, night. ;)

You're reading way too much into my words.

Cruel and Unusual punishment indeed. This is like toying with a crack addict.

We are junkies, give us a fix!

Edit: and why are you talking in third person now.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM

John is an organizer in Iowa. He's not the paid guy, but just got roped in as he is in the Des Moines area, especially when this thing got going. I've talked with him about getting Minnesotans down there to IA. Sounds like he was working with another organizer and the paid staffer today on the Straw Poll, so that's probably where he got the info.

Is that about right, John?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
oo. ooo. I know!

They got the Ron Paul cloning machine working.

Man oh man, we can take over all of Congress too! :D

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm the lightening rod in Des Moines, the meetup organizer. And when the news breaks I EXPECT You the to come humbly before me - on your knees - begging for my forgiveness for ever doubting me. :p

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm the lightening rod in Des Moines, the meetup organizer. And when the news breaks I EXPECT You the to come humbly before me - on your knees - begging for my forgiveness for ever doubting me. :p

Sounds like someone hacked John's account. :p

Read your private messages, top right of your screen, it's got a big blue flashing light.

AgentSmith
06-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Uh huh... see whos running the meetups?! :rolleyes:

:D

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds like he was working with another organizer and the paid staffer today on the Straw Poll, so that's probably where he got the info.

Is that about right, John?

My day: busy arranging placement at straw poll, then working on what the campaign will announce. :cool:

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Sounds like someone hacked John's account. :p

Read your private messages, top right of your screen, it's got a big blue flashing light.

Now, now, if you have something to say, you can say it to the whole group. Paranoid as we are, we're thinking you're telling him that the announcement has been made, where to find it, etc., and not letting us in on it.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
And when the news breaks I EXPECT You the to come humbly before me - on your knees - begging for my forgiveness for ever doubting me. :p

Don't get your hopes up.

But you have at least piqued my curiosity.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Uh huh... see whos running the meetups?! :rolleyes:

Send the organizer of Des Moines and he'll email you back with the magic words. "Why do you doubt John?

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 10:18 PM
So now we're not going to know until MONDAY?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Alright, I'm going to bed. Tell me at least that they'll break it tomorrow, not Monday. Else, when we get in here tomorrow morning, I suggest we form our own fabulous rumor and run with it.

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Now, now, if you have something to say, you can say it to the whole group. Paranoid as we are, we're thinking you're telling him that the announcement has been made, where to find it, etc., and not letting us in on it.

http://www.genmay.com/images/smilies/allnighte.gif

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

But you have at least piqued my curiosity.

At least you can buy me dinner :eek:

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.genmay.com/images/smilies/allnighte.gif

:D LOL That's me!

Night, all. Sleep well.

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Still nothing...
oh, the suspense...

Noodles
06-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Would you at least "rate" the news on a scale of 1-10? Are our chances looking better? Is the news a response to the snub?

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:26 PM
So now we're not going to know until MONDAY?

Weekends. They'll have a press release out after: Paul's army political consultants have a think about it, then running it passed a score of test audiences, and final his crack team of lawyers read thru it with a fine toothed comb. lol

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Would you at least "rate" the news on a scale of 1-10? Are our chances looking better? Is the news a response to the snub?

It's a 15. :eek:

Texan4Life
06-22-2007, 10:28 PM
It better be tomorrow and not monday.

..Your having to much fun teasing us john.

Noodles
06-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude, if you're pulling our legs, you're going to learn all about pre-emptive nuclear strikes!:mad: (:eek: :D :rolleyes: )

I hope that the news breaks tomorrow. If not, I think I'll just spontaneously combust.

John of Des Moines
..Your having to much fun teasing us john.

That's why I went to law school.

ARealConservative
Speech Order at the Iowa Staw Poll
Times yet to be determined

1) Mitt Romney
2) Tom Tancredo
3) John Cox
4) Ron Paul
5) Mike Huckabee
6) Duncan Hunter
7) Tommy Thompson
8) Sam Brownback

If that's the news that scores a 15, I'm getting a pitch fork. :D

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Dude, if you're pulling our legs, you're going to learn all about pre-emptive nuclear strikes!:mad: (:eek: :D :rolleyes: )

I hope that the news breaks tomorrow. If not, I think I'll just spontaneously combust.

I would NOT bs my fellow Pauler. My number is in the phone book and I don't want to be a Failor.

MsDoodahs
06-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Know how to keep an Aggie in suspense?

Tell ya later.

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh, John...
Could it be, a large donation was given to the Ron Paul campaign due to "blowback" from the ITR/ICA snub??

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 10:37 PM
At least you can buy me dinner :eek:

Well, there are some leftover hot dogs from this evening's cooko...

That's why I went to law school.

Wait! You're a lawyer? You should be buying ME dinner after this teasing. :(

Noodles
But donations can only go up to $2300, correct?:confused:

AlexAmore
Ron Paul is executing a coup d'état? *crosses fingers*

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Speech Order at the Iowa Staw Poll
Times yet to be determined

1) Mitt Romney
2) Tom Tancredo
3) John Cox
4) Ron Paul
5) Mike Huckabee
6) Duncan Hunter
7) Tommy Thompson
8) Sam Brownback

If that's the news that scores a 15, I'm getting a pitch fork. :D

You have no imagination. And, why would I think the speaking list would score a 15. And don't you think the Iowa GOP or another candidate may have released the speaking order anyway. Think, think hard.

MsDoodahs
06-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Just noticed the number of views this thread has.

:eek: :D

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Wait! You're a lawyer? You should be buying ME dinner after this teasing. :(

I didn't say I'm a lawyer.

And you're close with the hot dogs. Trust me.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 10:41 PM
The other candidates have conceded, realizing they stand absolutely no chance against the one true patriot in the bunch, Ron Paul. :D

ChrisM
Can you give us an ETA on that announcement? Instead of wasting my time online looking for an announcement every few hours:

I'd rather be campaigning.

So there is a legit reason to give us a good window for when the announcement will be made.

ARealConservative
You have no imagination. And, why would I think the speaking list would score a 15. And don't you think the Iowa GOP or another candidate may have released the speaking order anyway. Think, think hard.

That's no way to talk to a guy with a pitch fork.

Now I got a torch in the other arm.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Ron Paul is having a cookout/rally in Des Moines on June 30th?

CJLauderdale4
Patience, patience...
Come on! Pretend it's Christmas Eve, and you're 5 years-old again. Go to bed, dream little happy dreams, and wake up eager to login to the forum and....

DAMMIT JOHN JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT !!!!

John of Des Moines
Can you give us an ETA on that announcement? Instead of wasting my time online looking for an announcement every few hours:

I'd rather be campaigning.

So there is a legit reason to give us a good window for when the announcement will be made.

I really thought they would have issued a press release by 8 p.m eastern. I didn't expect to get to have so much fun. :D

Zydeco
06-22-2007, 10:44 PM
a 15!? I gots to get my sleep on...if someone knows can you message me please???:confused:

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Sure you didn't...as you click that little green smiley one more time...

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Ron Paul is having a cookout/rally in Des Moines on June 30th?

No.

ChrisM
06-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I really thought they would have issued a press release by 8 p.m eastern. I didn't expect to get to have so much fun. :D

Now how did you get so cozy with RP Central anyway? I'm sort of jealous... :D I wish I could be so "officially" involved.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Patience, patience...
Come on! Pretend it's Christmas Eve, and you're 5 years-old again. Go to bed, dream little happy dreams, and wake up eager to login to the forum and....

I was the kind of sneaky little bastard that used to unwrap the presents and then wrap 'em back up. :D

thomaspaine23
06-22-2007, 10:47 PM
okay okay i'll bite :

option #1 some sort of new "Iowa" tea party
option #2 some major stars and or politicians endorse him at the rally outside.
option #3 a big name endorses paul and becomes his running mate
option #4 all of the above

Noodles
06-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I have to be up in 5 hours. I give up!

Just hope it's 1/10th as good as it's been built up to be!:D

John of Des Moines
a 15!? I gots to get my sleep on...if someone knows can you message me please???:confused:

Can count on one hand the number of RP people (campaign staffer and supporters) people who know about this in Iowa. Now, that does mean people outside the RP movement in Iowa don't know. I figure that's about 6 or 7.

militant
I'm not normally an excitable person but RP's campaign sure makes it hard to stay calm. Honestly, I haven't had a worry or a bad moment at all in this whole thing.

But now I'm antsy. Spill it man.... well, I know you shouldn't.

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
I was the kind of sneaky little bastard that used to unwrap the presents and then wrap 'em back up. :D

Yeah, me too. Or find mom's hiding spot before she wrapped'em. Well, I'm up hanging out for a few hours. Don't expect any news tonight...
Let'n me down, John. I really thought we had something here. I thought you were THE insider. Oh, well...disappointing...:)

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:52 PM
okay okay i'll bite :

option #1 some sort of new "Iowa" tea party
option #2 some major stars and or politicians endorse him at the rally outside.
option #3 a big name endorses paul and becomes his running mate
option #4 all of the above

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No

thesilentcritic
06-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Whatever it is, it's satisfying to know that whenever anyone tries to belittle or exclude or marginalize him, if it is a public act (Rudy, Saul and now Ed), he always comes out on top.

The last month has been wild, and I admit I've spent too much time on youtube and the lewrockwell blog checking for updates. I just hope that people don't burn out on either spreading the word, or hearing the word (everyone at digg.com who is not a RP person seems to be utterly sick of him). It's like football mentality, you somehow gotta peak in the playoffs, not in the regular season.

ARealConservative
06-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, I think ITF is skirting some rules as it is, So if I'm to use my imagination, it involves handcuffs and tremendous coverage for Dr. Paul.

dspectre
06-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Is it the amount of money raised?

ChrisM
So a lawsuit?

Ron Paul for President vs. Iowans for Tax Relief, Edward Failor, et al.

Duckman
I'm eager to know what the news will be also, but part of me fears it will be an announcement that Pat Buchanan is going to be Ron's VP.

YES, fears. While such an announcement would bring alot of media attention, I don't think it will be good for Ron Paul.

Maybe I'm paranoid?

remaxjon
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm thinking of starting a big announcement by Ron Paul thread. I would become much more popular. Tell us or die or is it vote or die I forget.

ChrisM
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm eager to know what the news will be also, but part of me fears it will be an announcement that Pat Buchanan is going to be Ron's VP.

YES, fears. While such an announcement would bring alot of media attention, I don't think it will be good for Ron Paul.

Maybe I'm paranoid?

A candidate doesn't pick his running mate until after the nomination.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, me too. Or find mom's hiding spot before she wrapped'em. Well, I'm up hanging out for a few hours. Don't expect any news tonight...
Let'n me down, John. I really thought we had something here. I thought you were THE insider. Oh, well...disappointing...:)

Sorry, I can't spill the beans. I'M BUSTIN' INSIDE MYSELF!!! You can see the position I'm in. Or, at least can you feel my pain; I feel yours.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
So, John, do you think they'll announce it tomorrow?

Harald
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
It is somehow related to it. I think.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Is it the amount of money raised?

No, but "it" will bring in much more $$ - eventually

ChrisM
06-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry, I can't spill the beans. I'M BUSTIN' INSIDE MYSELF!!! You can see the position I'm in. Or, at least can you feel my pain; I feel yours.
No, you aren't busting inside. You know very well you could go to bed now and fall asleep smiling, knowing how good things are even if nobody else knows.

Hell, the fact that you created this thread is evidence that you enjoy the mental torture.

Am I close? :D

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I got it!!!
The Iowans For Tax Relief has lost their 501 non-profit status!!!

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I think they'll announce it tomorrow by 9 central as I'm in a conference call about it then. Otherwise, I'm not responsible if it leaks out! I gave me word.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
My next guess:

Stephen Colbert is going to film a segment at the forum?

akalucas
06-22-2007, 11:02 PM
How about my idea of there being some kind of concert to attract people....am I getting warmer

He is going to rent out a huge arena and going to have concert with different artist to attract young and old. Maybe like Paul McCartney, Carrie Underwood...maybe also a comedian..etc and then give a powerful speech and then hand out tickets for the straw poll to the thousands that attended.

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Hell, the fact that you created this thread is evidence that you enjoy the mental torture.

I did say I went to law school (and I mean for three years).

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Ron Paul action figures?

No, no!

Not just an action figure. A Ron Paul Transformer toy!

Ron Paul tranforms into a copy of the Constitution.

And Mike Gravel tranforms into a rock.

cujothekitten
06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
#1 Ron got the endorsement of a large popular organization
#2 His donations were higher (way higher) than expected
#3 He is opening his Iowa offices the day of the forum and having a rally for it
#4 Rudy is going to publicly apologize to Ron on national TV
#5 Some national poll numbers came out and he's improved drastically

John of Des Moines
06-22-2007, 11:06 PM
And Mike Gravel tranforms into a rock.

He turns into Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 11:06 PM
My next guess:

Stephen Colbert is going to film a segment at the forum?

Why the silence, John? :p

Bryan in Iowa
06-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I think they'll announce it tomorrow by 9 central as I'm in a conference call about it then. Otherwise, I'm not responsible if it leaks out! I gave me word.

hey John...
I think you better get some sleep so you can make the conference call in the morning! Had fun reading all the replies tonight. You are sooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!! :p

thomaspaine23
John you are coming close to proving the old adage:

what do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean??

a good start.....

;-)

ChrisM
A 15 for that?

No....... Unless you for some reason see that much value in the Colbert Bump.

John of Des Moines
#1 Ron got the endorsement of a large popular organization
#2 His donations were higher (way higher) than expected
#3 He is opening his Iowa offices the day of the forum and having a rally for it
#4 Rudy is going to publicly apologize to Ron on national TV
#5 Some national poll numbers came out and he's improved drastically

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

so it's the witching hour for me.

ChrisM
06-22-2007, 11:09 PM
hey John...
I think you better get some sleep so you can make the conference call in the morning! Had fun reading all the replies tonight. You are sooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Oh, not you too!!!!!

Ron Paul is okay, but you people are driving me insane. ;)

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 11:10 PM
A 15 for that?

I fear John may be exaggerating on the "15". :cool:

themom
06-22-2007, 11:10 PM
If he is invited YOU WON......I don't want the RP followers to be known as piss and moaners.............we should NOT be known first and foremost as protesters. Keep his campaign in a positive light, it will attract more sheeple than being irate!JMHO

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 11:11 PM
hey John...

Howdy Bryan

Welcome to the forums!

You should temporarily skip your Des Moines art festival and show up at the Iowa Forum with the masses. ;)

John of Des Moines
Oh, not you too!!!!!

Ron Paul is okay, but you people are driving me insane. ;)

Actually, Byran should be on the conference call too. And Bryan if you call me I'll tell you.

SeanEdwards
This thread is really sadistic. I'm pulling my hair out over here wondering what is going to be announced. :eek: :eek: :eek:

JoshLowry
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

so it's the witching hour for me.

Say Yes to Dr. No!

cujothekitten
Say Yes to Dr. No!

LOL

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-22-2007, 11:12 PM
He went on a trip through time, brought back Thomas Jefferson, and now Jefferson is going to give a press release saying hes endorsing Ron Paul?

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 11:14 PM
A 15 for that?

Besides, that's pretty much the only suggestion John hasn't said no to. :confused:

ARealConservative
06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
feh - it's late.

I guess I'll wait for the conference call at 9:00.

If I'm tired when I call in , atleast I'll have an exccuse!

Phil M
06-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Barry Goldwater has been exhumed (see here (http://exhumegoldwater.wordpress.com/)), revived from the dead and will start campaigning for Paul

randolphus maximus
06-23-2007, 12:32 AM

THAT is a nice idea:)

ADGettis
06-23-2007, 12:34 AM

Ron Paul is going to show up and publicly, to his face, call Ed Failor a wiener?

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 12:38 AM
I bet Ron Paul gets invited to the debate forum in Iowa.

militant
06-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Overhyping is entertaining. But I've noticed a strong streak of honesty and reliability in RP's supporters, and I'll go to bed with the sure knowledge that something great awaits my bleary-eyed morning RP rounds.

I'm new to this site (as a member, been spectating for a while now), is it down often, like it was a short bit ago? I hope not, I like this place.

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm new to this site (as a member, been spectating for a while now), is it down often, like it was a short bit ago? I hope not, I like this place.

It goes down sometimes, but the long and frequent failures that have been occuring recently aren't reflective of typical operations :)

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Overhyping is entertaining. But I've noticed a strong streak of honesty and reliability in RP's supporters, and I'll go to bed with the sure knowledge that something great awaits my bleary-eyed morning RP rounds.

Not typically. Josh usually does a great job managing the site as admin of ther server.

Great to have you on board!!!

This the first I've seen hype go this long on a thread in this forum. Usually it's rather quick (a radio interview, TV appearance, etc.). This is killing us!!

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Yea, we had a long stretch of downtime today. I was at a meetup group meeting in Houston when the server went down.

Our senior moderator Bryan was also at the meeting so we had no idea. I've set the server up so that if it crashes again in the future then it will automatically restart.

Welcome to the forums militant.

lucky
06-23-2007, 12:55 AM
So I am coming in late to this thread.

What is the big news?

SeanEdwards
06-23-2007, 12:59 AM
So I am coming in late to this thread.

What is the big news?

WE DON'T KNOW AND IT'S TEARING US APART!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

lucky
06-23-2007, 01:01 AM
WE DON'T KNOW AND IT'S TEARING US APART!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh ok. Well hope it is good news.:cool:

UtahApocalypse
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I will throw in my guess as to it being some type of legal action based on the non-profit status of ITR and the fact the chairman (Mr. Failure) is donating and supporting a candidate that WAS invited thus setting up a quasi endorsement that I think is illegal.

It's either that or ITR has decided to throw Mr. Failure out and invite Ron Paul.

Off to bed ill get the truth tomorrow (I Hope)

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 01:10 AM
they raised 6 million buckos

ra ra ra rumor

austin356
06-23-2007, 01:10 AM
humm........... I have no real guess, but hope it is bad, because when something "bad" happens to Dr. Paul, it always turns out to be GREAT!

jondisx
06-23-2007, 01:11 AM
ron paul discovered if you mix two house hold chemicals together it creates a portal 8 ft tall by 9ft wide that leads you to an ill-defined point in history, he braved the journey and only went back in time a few seconds. Or at least thats what my drug induced interpretation of what the news could be , is?

ADGettis
06-23-2007, 01:26 AM
ron paul discovered if you mix two house hold chemicals together it creates a portal 8 ft tall by 9ft wide that leads you to an ill-defined point in history, he braved the journey and only went back in time a few seconds. Or at least thats what my drug induced interpretation of what the news could be , is?

Does that mean Paul was able to watch himself enter the portal?

Wrap your mind around that, Failor! I bet John McCain can't watch himself perform groundbreaking scientific experiments!

(This is quickly turning into a Chuck Norris kind of thing)

jondisx
06-23-2007, 01:36 AM
If you can see ron paul, ron paul can see you.
If you cant see ron paul you may only moments away from death.

lucky
06-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Well with that tidbit I better get to bed.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2007, 01:48 AM
When Ron Paul does push ups, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the Earth away.

Electrostatic
06-23-2007, 02:12 AM
My guess is that some (or all) of the other candidates are canceling in protest...
Not that that will happen, but I can always dream.... :p

ADGettis
06-23-2007, 02:24 AM
When Ron Paul does push ups, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the Earth away.

Trying out my new sig. (This is too much fun for a presidential campaign to be having!)

Juice
06-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Can't wait for the announcement.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Can John Edwards get a haircut so expensive even he cant afford it?

AlexAmore
06-23-2007, 03:23 AM

*head splodes*

denvervoipguru
06-23-2007, 03:43 AM
IMO, This should not be a protest. ...

That's right, We are the grassroots frontrunner right now...we have nothing to protest. If we have a few thousand people there, that's statement ENOUGH!

Action Patriot
06-23-2007, 04:10 AM
When are they announcing? :confused: I can't sleep. Been up all night.

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 04:19 AM
When are they announcing? :confused: I can't sleep. Been up all night.

I hope this isn't all just a big wind up!!!! :)

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 04:23 AM

Trust me, it's not. There's major, major things happening worldwide right now. Even if the OP doesn't come out with a major announcement, lol. Which would suck. But I highly doubt.

*I'm* working on a *huge* project that is way, way bigger then I could ever imagined. I'm about to use my network connections around the world to get things started. Ron Paul is going to be an international superstar. Only... the funny thing is.. he's just going to be president.. lol... and he's just going to do his job. :)

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Trust me, it's not. There's major, major things happening worldwide right now. Even if the OP doesn't come out with a major announcement, lol. Which would suck. But I highly doubt.

*I'm* working on a *huge* project that is way, way bigger then I could ever imagined. I'm about to use my network connections around the world to get things started. Ron Paul is going to be an international superstar. Only... the funny thing is.. he's just going to be president.. lol... and he's just going to do his job. :)

Are you gonna expand on that??????????

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Some things have to be kept on the DL before they come out with a "ka-bang!" ;) :)

edit: lol :P :P

foofighter20x
06-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Is it the "Pass the Buck" initiative?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 05:39 AM

What are you talking about, Mattsa. YOU got to sleep! Over here, we tossed and turned all night, checking the clock, thinking, "Well, they won't announce it in the middle of the night, now, will they?" Dashing straight for our computers at the moment of dawn like children to their stockings on Christmas morning, knowing full well it would be highly unlikely the announcement would have been made overnight, still, hoping for a leak, that someone broke down John from Des Moines defenses in the wee hours, we settle back in for the long wait, nervously glancing around at each other, wondering, "Does he know?", thinking up clever ways to get any potential holder of the secret to spill the beans.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 05:45 AM
I didn't say I'm a lawyer.

We're having a grill-out outside the forum? Gonna roast someone's weenie?

akalucas
06-23-2007, 05:56 AM
We're having a grill-out outside the forum? Gonna roast someone's weenie?

lol

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 06:09 AM

DJ, are you trying to pull another John on us?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Maybe it all has something to do with this urgent email I just received. (You said it would bring in a lot of $$.)

Banque Transatlantique Du Bénin,
C/54 Carrefour Porto-Novo- 011 BP 5943,
Porto-Novo, Bénin Republic.

Hello,

I sincerely write to solicit your co-operation and trust in an urgent business transaction. I work with banque transatlantique du Bénin Plc (translated as: Transatlantic bank of Benin Plc) in Porto-Novo, Bénin republic. Presently, i am in charge of bills and exchange in the international remittance department. I was the account's officer of a certain Mr. and Mrs. Jobe W. Ryder, who worked with Chevron Oil company, but both died in the December 25, 2003 air crash here in Bénin Republic.

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 06:16 AM

*head splodes*

I rarely type "lol", but...

lol

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 06:17 AM
What are you talking about, Mattsa. YOU got to sleep! Over here, we tossed and turned all night, checking the clock, thinking, "Well, they won't announce it in the middle of the night, now, will they?" Dashing straight for our computers at the moment of dawn like children to their stockings on Christmas morning, knowing full well it would be highly unlikely the announcement would have been made overnight, still, hoping for a leak, that someone broke down John from Des Moines defenses in the wee hours, we settle back in for the long wait, nervously glancing around at each other, wondering, "Does he know?", thinking up clever ways to get any potential holder of the secret to spill the beans.

Ha! Well you know, usually it's the other way round. I have to wait until I get home from work to catch up on the morning news in the US

Jimmy
06-23-2007, 06:44 AM
So whats the good word?

Jeremie in Minnesota
06-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Good morning everyone :-)

No word yet.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Maybe it all has something to do with this urgent email I just received. (You said it would bring in a lot of $$.)

Are these retarded "send us thousands and we'll send you millions" emails still going around?? You'd think after scores of exposes on the news it would stop...

But those were my guesses:
- Lot of donations...
- ITR lost their 501 status

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Was that conference call they were talking about in Des Moines at 9AM EST or CST??? Another hour to find out!! AAAAAAHGAHGHGHGH!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Are these retarded "send us thousands and we'll send you millions" emails still going around?? You'd think after scores of exposes on the news it would stop...

All they have to get is one moron to respond and they've paid for their two minutes of time to send millions of emails.

Changing the topic, what is this 9 o'clock conference call, who's in on it, and can we listen in too? I hope the damn lawyers didn't nix whatever great plan you guys had. It does have to do with June 30, right?

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:11 AM
All they have to get is one moron to respond and they've paid for their two minutes of time to send millions of emails.

Changing the topic, what is this 9 o'clock conference call, who's in on it, and can we listen in too? I hope the damn lawyers didn't nix whatever great plan you guys had. It does have to do with June 30, right?

If you go back through this thread, Bryan from Des Moines told John from Des Moines he should get some rest for the 9AM conference call. They're both from the Des Moines meetup, and I noticed there's no "scheduled" meetup conference call in their group or the national group this morning.

So, I would presume the call is relative to this new bit of info, and any events surrounding it in Des Moines (probably getting ready this week for the June 30th event, whatever it is). The call I'm sure is concerning logistics, planning, agenda, etc.

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 07:19 AM

What time zone is this conference taking place in?

I'm in the UK and its 14:15pm here. EST is 5 hours behind and Pacific time is 8 hours behind

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 07:22 AM
I just sent an email to Justine at HQ regarding the announcement. I really, really, thought there would have been something by now.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 07:23 AM
What time zone is this conference taking place in?

I'm in the UK and its 14:15pm here. EST is 5 hours behind and Pacific time is 8 hours behind

It should be in a little over 1/2 hour. :(

Watch them say on the conference call, you know, we'd better wait until next Saturday to let this out of the bag. Watch the hospitals suddenly fill with aneurysm patients.

militant
06-23-2007, 07:28 AM
nothing to see here, move on...

no, seriously, on whom do i have to violate the zero aggression principle, to get some answers? :)

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Man, I wish my mother was alive to see this. :D :D :D She admired Ron Paul for many years.... and geez... I remember her talking about him, it must have been 25 years ago. I'll tell you one thing, she would have been right with us, hardly sleeping a wink waiting for the big announcement. :)

Noodles
06-23-2007, 07:31 AM
I just sent an email to Justine at HQ regarding the announcement. I really, really, thought there would have been something by now.

Is the conference call still scheduled? Already happened? Cancelled? Can you tell us anything? This is Ground Control to Major Tom.....your circuits are all dead.....can you hear me Major Tom...... can you hear me Major Tom?

Original_Intent
06-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Is the conference call still scheduled? Already happened? Cancelled? Can you tell us anything? This is Ground Control to Major Tom.....your circuits are all dead.....can you hear me Major Tom...... can you hear me Major Tom?

I'm here, just sitting in a tin can,
far above the world
planet Earth is blue
and there's nothing I can do..

ARealConservative
06-23-2007, 07:35 AM
conference call is in 26 minutes.

It incllues the Iowa Campaign manager and meetup organizers from "Iowa Border Coalition"

Noodles
06-23-2007, 07:36 AM
T-minus 25 minutes and counting... conduct all system checks now...

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 07:36 AM

It incllues the Iowa Campaign manager and meetup organizers from "Iowa Border Coalition"

I belong to the Iowa Border Coalition meetup group, but not a group organizer. Can I get in? :D

Dave
06-23-2007, 07:38 AM

I'll be on, too. Thanks, John, for showing me the secret handshake.

yongrel
06-23-2007, 07:40 AM
aaahhhh!!!!

this thread snuck up on me! And now, I'm hooked!

I feel like the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
"Daddy, I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!"

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 07:43 AM
aaahhhh!!!!

this thread snuck up on me! And now, I'm hooked!

I feel like the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
"Daddy, I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!"

I just real pleased it's pouring with rain here, else I'd start feeling guilty sitting here waiting for something that might not even happen

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Barney: Andy, I got some news.
Andy: What is it?
Barney: It's big.
Andy: Big? What's big?
Barney: I can't tell you.
Andy: What can't you tell me?
Barney: The big news.
Andy: What big news?
Barney: The news so big it will rip this town wide open!
Andy: Rip the town wide open??? Come on Barney you can tell me, after all I'm the sheriff and all, your best friend...

Barney: OTIS! You promised!
[Barney runs over and throws a conveniently placed bucket of water on the sleeping Otis.]
Otis: Ahhhhggg! Barney what you do that for?
Barney: Otis! You promised not to say anything about the big news!
Otis: What big news?
Barney: The news I told you last night!
Otis: Oh, that big news.
Andy: Barney, you mean to say you'll tell Otis the big news, but you won't tell your best your best friend, the high sheriff?
Barney: The [I]HIGH sheriff. Andy I didn't know you were a stoner. I'm placing you under arrest!
[Barney pulls bulletless gun on Andy.]
Barney: Go on git in there with Otis.
Andy: Barney, don't put me in the cell with Otis. This all started because you won't me the big news.
Barney: What big news?
Andy: The big news you said will rip this town wide open.
Barney: Oh, that big news. Oh, Andy it's big!. Big! Big!
Andy: What's big?
Barney: The big news!
Otis: That's right Andy. It's big!
[Opie comes walking in.]
Opie: Barney, did you tell pa the big news....

Oh the Joy! :cool:

(In law school a professor said I should be in Hollywood writing scripts.)

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Barney: Andy, I got some news.
Andy: What is it?
Barney: It's big.
Andy: Big? What's big?
Barney: I can't tell you.
Andy: What can't you tell me?
Barney: The big news.
Andy: What big news?
Barney: The news so big it will rip this town wide open!
Andy: Rip the town wide open??? Come on Barney you can tell me, after all I'm the sheriff and all, your best friend...

Barney: OTIS! You promised!
[Barney runs over and throws a conveniently placed bucket of water on the sleeping Otis.]
Otis: Ahhhhggg! Barney what you do that for?
Barney: Otis! You promised not to say anything about the big news!
Otis: What big news?
Barney: The news I told you last night!
Otis: Oh, that big news.
Andy: Barney, you mean to say you'll tell Otis the big news, but you won't tell your best your best friend, the high sheriff?
Barney: The [I]HIGH sheriff. Andy I didn't know you were a stoner. I'm placing you under arrest!
[Barney pulls bulletless gun on Andy.]
Barney: Go on git in there with Otis.
Andy: Barney, don't put me in the cell with Otis. This all started because you won't me the big news.
Barney: What big news?
Andy: The big news you said will rip this town wide open.
Barney: Oh, that big news. Oh, Andy it's big!. Big! Big!
Andy: What's big?
Barney: The big news!
Otis: That's right Andy. It's big!
[Opie comes walking in.]
Opie: Barney, did you tell pa the big news....

Oh the Joy! :cool:

(In law school a professor said I should be in Hollywood writing scripts.)

You are seriously winding me up here man!!!! :p

yongrel
06-23-2007, 07:53 AM
John, i need a new pair of shoes.

And you would be wise not to give me the oppurtunity to buy a new pair. Having jammed my size 12s down your throat sounds like an excellent excuse to buy a new pair of Chuck Taylors.:D

stop teasing us!!!!!

dspectre
06-23-2007, 07:54 AM
It's past 8 central time...what is the hang up?

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 07:54 AM
It's not April 1st right??

Bryan in Iowa
06-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Howdy Bryan

Welcome to the forums!

You should temporarily skip your Des Moines art festival and show up at the Iowa Forum with the masses. ;)

I'm seriously considering this option. I DO get a lunch break ;) I am very excited to discover what the deal is going to be...should find out in a few minutes.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:56 AM
John, just get on the phone already and stop writing long Andy Griffith dribble....geeeez!

findmemonkey
06-23-2007, 07:56 AM
its almost 10 am eastern time, when do we hear something?

Jeremie in Minnesota
06-23-2007, 07:58 AM
I belong to the Iowa Border Coalition meetup group, but not a group organizer. Can I get in? :D

I created that group, and I didn't get in!

Regardless, glad we got all of those people connected.

Dave
06-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Des Moines is ground zero - get here if you can!

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Des Moines is ground zero - get here if you can!

Does that mean you know something??? :eek:

Dave
06-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Does that mean you know something??? :eek:

Just GET HERE!

MsDoodahs
06-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Show some mercy, guys.

We're all dying here to know this big news!

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Just GET HERE!

I'd leave right now if I thought I'd find out what the big news is. I'm going to be there, already. Please tell me we don't have to wait a whole damn week!

Dave
06-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Show some mercy, guys.

We're all dying here to know this big news!

I'm sorry. We all have to wait for the press release.

Noodles
06-23-2007, 08:15 AM
OK, just 1 question: Will the announcement be today?

yongrel
06-23-2007, 08:16 AM
every time that someone posts that they know what's going on but can't say,

a little piece of me dies inside.

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 08:18 AM
OK, just 1 question: Will the announcement be today?

Yes. Please be kind enough to tell us cos I don't wanna be sitting here all day for nothing. There are things to get done

MsDoodahs
06-23-2007, 08:19 AM
This is TORTURE!

dspectre
06-23-2007, 08:19 AM
I hope this isn't anti-climatic.

orenbus
06-23-2007, 08:20 AM
pretend like the announcment will happen on monday or something, nothing to see here move aloung...

Noodles
06-23-2007, 08:20 AM
No way it lives up to this build-up. No matter what the news. Are we sure we're not being had?

yongrel
06-23-2007, 08:23 AM
unless the news is that Ron Paul is the long-lost son of Jor-El, this news will be anti-climactic.

Mattsa
06-23-2007, 08:24 AM
This is TORTURE!

Sod it

This is ridiculous

I'm heading out to get a life. I catch up with whatever it is later

mdh
06-23-2007, 08:25 AM
I dunno, the OP's name is John (if it were Joe, I would lend more credence under suspicion that it's Joe Seehusen), pretty much all if not all of his posts here have been this thread, and people claim the announcement should've been at 0900 CST. Well, it's 0923 CST now and no announcement. Furthermore, one random person claims inside information on it, but he's not an official campaign employee (or at least if he is, he's not listed on the official site), without giving us any more real information on who he is or *why* the campaign folks would tell him.

I'm not calling shennanigans or anything, but I'm skeptical by nature. I'm not going to waste my Saturday sitting here waiting when the above is the only impetus I may have to do so.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Sod it

This is ridiculous

I'm heading out to get a life. I catch up with whatever it is later

That's right, bloody sod it. I'm going out for a *** and a warm pint. Maybe some bangers and mash. Cheerio. ;)

lucky
06-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Ok. I am waking up with coffee and my first cig. What is the friggin news?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I dunno, the OP's name is John (if it were Joe, I would lend more credence under suspicion that it's Joe Seehusen), pretty much all if not all of his posts here have been this thread, and people claim the announcement should've been at 0900 CST. Well, it's 0923 CST now and no announcement. Furthermore, one random person claims inside information on it, but he's not an official campaign employee (or at least if he is, he's not listed on the official site), without giving us any more real information on who he is or *why* the campaign folks would tell him.

I'm not calling shennanigans or anything, but I'm skeptical by nature. I'm not going to waste my Saturday sitting here waiting when the above is the only impetus I may have to do so.

No, no, I know who John is. He's good for it, even if he's stringing us along.

MsDoodahs
06-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Ouch, that would be bad...

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Joe told the conference call to wait for HQ announcement

But, it's big!

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 08:32 AM
As I suspected...
http://iowansforronpaul2008.blogspot.com/2007/06/just.html

PAY YOUR TAXES, FAILURE!

MsDoodahs
06-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Anticipation evolves into irritation.

Tell me that ISN'T it!

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Anticipation evolves into irritation.

Tell me that ISN'T it!

Doubt it. That was dated yesterday.

But at this point, I'm anticipating that they found a clause in the Constitution automatically making President any guy who happens to be a Congressman from TX, is 71 years old, has either a first or last name of Paul, and is married to someone named Carol. Kinda like Cinderella's slipper. I mean, that's how huge it's sounding.

Electrostatic
06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Hope not.. That date on that post was yesterday....

yongrel
06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
CJLauderdale4 , thanks for the news. As good as it is though, I can only hope that it isn;t the "bombshell" we've been waiting for.

Bradley in DC
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok, let's start the speculation and see what rumors unfold.

I'll start: since Tancredo previously announced he's going to decide this month whether to run for re-election or Prez (and since he is in Dr. Paul's Congressional Liberty Caucus--and Dr. Paul's in his immigration one) and since Dr. Paul's PAC and endorsement got him the nomination to Congress in a contested primary...I say Tancredo drops out and endorses "his friend" Dr. Paul.

Anyone else want to play?

Electrostatic
06-23-2007, 08:39 AM

I'll start: since Tancredo previously announced he's going to decide this month whether to run for re-election or Prez (and since he is in Dr. Paul's Congressional Liberty Caucus--and Dr. Paul's in his immigration one) and since Dr. Paul's PAC and endorsement got him the nomination to Congress in a contested primary...I say Tancredo drops out and endorses "his friend" Dr. Paul.

Now THAT would be good...

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Sorry, it's bigger then that.

Andy, It's big. Big! I mean BIG!

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Mitt Romney changes his middle name to hotdog and endorses Dr. Paul?

Patrick Henry
Oh my! what's goin' on here?

This news better amazing!!

lucky

Nah. Couldn't be.:cool:

Phil M
Bigger than an endorsement from a candidate???

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 08:41 AM
WHEN are they going to tell us, John? The suspense is killing us.

Scribbler de Stebbing

That would be a good one.

Let's get our thinking caps on. We know RP supporters are smarter than average. I mean, we could hold our meetups and Mensa meetings in the same room. So let's crack this nut.

It has to do with the June 30 rally. No musicians or famous people, so not sure about Bradley's idea, but maybe. It's going to *eventually* pull in a lot of money. RP has NOT been invited to the forum, but John was iffy about whether RP would be in Des Moines or not -- said he knew he was "busy." It's not a weiner roast. What else?

yongrel
john, you're a sadist:D

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I told ya last night.... All the other candidates conceded, realizing they stand no chance against Dr. NO. :D

Phil M
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Space aliens have come down to earth to let everyone know that libertarianism is the only way to save the planet and that electing Ron Paul as president is necessary to survival?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Bloomberg is endorsing RP? Is it an endorsement of any kind?

Texan4Life
06-23-2007, 08:43 AM

I hope your right. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I just hope "the big news" is close to what it has been hyped up to be.