PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Jeb Bush will run for President in 2016

No Free Beer
03-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm not going to waste much time:

"If Jeb Bush decides to convert his media tour into a presidential bid in a couple years, he won't have to look far for a campaign staff: The well-funded education foundation he runs out his office in a Miami hotel is stacked with former political operatives, a large communications team, and a rapidly growing staff whose work stretches into 40 states."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/jeb-bush-quietly-lays-campaign-groundwork-through-foundation

Rand vs Marco vs Jeb.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
If Bush Runs he'll either plan on being Marco's Cheney or Marco will be his 'young apprentice"

but I agree if he sees a chink of daylight at all, Bush intends to be in there.

Bastiat's The Law
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
It's a given he will run. He will represent the establishment.

itshappening
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Good, let him run and it will split more establishment votes.

He will go no where in the race of course, he's already made a ton of gaffe's. There is no desire for another Bush.

lx43
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
The Bush family is like the Kim dynasty in North Korea--they always want/crave power.

thoughtomator
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
So be it. The Republican Party will either soundly reject the bid, or it will die as a critical mass of base voters flee a party determined not to represent them.

For the record I predict the former outcome.

Natural Citizen
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Heh. I told yuns that a long time ago. He's the only one who makes sense to carry on our sitting President's model from the establishment perspective. If it's a D vs R meme he'll be a force. Will see. This is one of the reasons I think it would behoove a guy like Rand to at least go somewhat mainstream with a position on the sciences. Jeb Will. Bet. And he'll win if he does. Rand also needs a scientifically literate support base...desperately. He doesn't have that. It's not even remotely discussed among his supporters yet it is the stuff that real change is made of across the geopolitical board. But I'm babbling again.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
It's a given he will run. He will represent the establishment.

If so, it will be as a stalking horse, quite possibly. They will have more than one candidate.

No Free Beer
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Heh. I told yuns that a long time ago. He's the only one who makes sense to carry on our sitting President's model from the establishment perspective. If it's a D vs R meme he'll be a force. Will see. This is one of the reasons I think it would behoove a guy like Rand to at least go somewhat mainstream with a position on the sciences. Jeb Will. Bet. And he'll win if he does. Rand also needs a scientifically literate support base...desperately. He doesn't have that. It's not even remotely discussed among his supporters yet it is the stuff that real change is made of. But I'm babbling again.

I take a lot of heat from various people who support Ron and Rand, but I don't want Rand running.

I would prefer Rand run for reelection, win and serve out his term and be done with it.

However, IF Rand does run, I will obviously be behind him 100%.

Everyone needs to understand that all the media will do is put the R there and try to divide people within the GOP. They will use the same line as they did for Romney, "He can win!" It'll be interesting to see how the voters react.

supermario21
03-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't it be good for him to run? Imagine if you have Rand, Rubio, Christie, and Bush all running. Rand has the least overlap with any of those other 3 candidates.

dillo
Whenyou look at obamas presidency, gw bush looks like a genius. Elections always come down to indies votes anyway.

itshappening
They badly need to find someone who can appeal in NH to stop Rand there. They can't stop us in Iowa as we're too strong but a moderate big government Republican tends to play well in NH

Smart3
03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't think it is likely. Dems will retake Florida in 2014 and 2016, most likely converting the state into a blue state before the decade is out thanks to the overwhelming Hispanic growth.

On the bright side, Florida will move in the right direction on medical and recreational marijuana, marriage equality and possibly also the death penalty.

Bastiat's The Law
03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't it be good for him to run? Imagine if you have Rand, Rubio, Christie, and Bush all running. Rand has the least overlap with any of those other 3 candidates.
That's my analysis too. There's a lot of overlap between Christie, Bush, and Rubio.

compromise
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
If Bush runs, Rubio won't and vice-versa. Rubio is Jeb's protégé.

speciallyblend
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
prediction, the gop loses in 2016 unless they nominate Rand Paul, ps plus if the gop candidate does not support Legal Marijuana in colorado. They will not win the swing state of colorado. Promise!!

No Free Beer
03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
prediction, the gop loses in 2016 unless they nominate Rand Paul, ps plus if the gop candidate does not support Legal Marijuana in colorado. They will not win the swing state of colorado. Promise!!

States rights will be soooooooooo in, in 2016.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Jeb's going to run? Great! He'll go over like Billy Beer.

Everyone needs to understand that all the media will do is put the R there and try to divide people within the GOP. They will use the same line as they did for Romney, "He can win!" It'll be interesting to see how the voters react.

Depends. If they're convinced their tools in the media have sufficiently poisoned the wells against Rand among independents and disaffected Democrats, they'll let Rand have the nomination just to shut us up. We made a lot of noise about how Ron Paul would have won, and we're right about that. So, if they've arranged it successfully so Rand loses the general election, the rank and file GOP will never trust us again. And they'd like that.

Our game is to be ready to win those same voters over. We have to do it quietly at first, then do a big and brilliant push between the convention and election day. We'll have to convince them we're idiots, then turn brilliant after they let Rand get the nomination sewn up.

They just might let us have the GOP nomination. The Republican Party is so discredited right now that they might just consider the party's nomination worthless. They've certainly worked to make it so. One of the main reasons we're making such inroads in it is Dubya damn near destroyed it. Seems to me our best bet is to keep trashing the media and rebuild and refurbish the GOP.

speciallyblend
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
States rights will be soooooooooo in, in 2016.

I am going to go out on a limb and say 2014 in the state of colorado as well. Our Voter block is organized and not backing down. local/state elections are going to show it as well if the candidate opposes the colorado constitution in 2014! Voter Education is the way! Keeps Candidates Accountable.

CPUd
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Rand vs Marco vs Jeb.

Of those 3, I predict one will be the GOP nominee, and one will be the VP nominee.

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Did anyone catch Bush's media appearances this weekend or media discussions about it? The MSM and neo-cons are positioning Jeb for the run. They couldn't say enough good things about him. :rolleyes:

They are looking for their next GOP front runner after Rubio's stumble.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Did anyone catch Bush's media appearances this weekend or media discussions about it? The MSM and neo-cons are positioning Jeb for the run. They couldn't say enough good things about him. :rolleyes:

If that's the best they can do, Rand Paul is a shoo-in.

Working Poor
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Bush/Cheney owns the republican party. No one will win president with an R behind their name unless it is someone they control. I think there has never been a better time for an Independent.

bunklocoempire
03-05-2013, 07:34 PM

Yes I did. About 50 seconds of "The Five". :rolleyes: I caught the part where Dana Perino mentioned she was/would be loyal to the Bush's (oh really) :rolleyes:. I find it telling how someone would mention loyalty to a family when she might have said loyal to an idea or philosophy.

I also caught how they're (fox cnn or msnbc?) pushing a Hillary and Jeb (AOBP) title match.

As such, I don't doubt for a minute that Rand Paul will be presented as some sort of an 'unknown' 'radical' by the msm.
And, presented as having no chance to gather votes to beat Hillary by establishment in the GOP.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Bush/Cheney owns the republican party. No one will win president with an R behind their name unless it is someone they control.

And their tool, the famous yellowcake-grade journalism outlet Fox, does their best to ensure this, and give them cover for their shenannigans. Our job is to make them tip their hand. Many more people see through it now that Fox has discredited the snot out of itself by promoting chronic losers like Santorum, Bachmann and Cain in an amazing effort to keep Ron Paul out of the nomination. Now we have Rand, and the rest of the media is trying to ensure he can't win the general election while Fox tries to restore its tattered reputation and simultaneously tarnish ours--by letting him win the nomination and then lose the election.

The only question in my mind is, can we foil their plot?

thequietkid10
03-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Oh god, I wish, Rand Paul 2016, without Rubio means Rand walks to the nomination,

I'm worried that Rubio and Rand would spilit "tea party" votes and Bush would win the nomination.

I think the big challenge is the looming shadow of Hillary, it would be like the ultimate final boss battle.

satchelmcqueen
03-05-2013, 09:32 PM
of course bush will run. hes probably been picked already. i cant wait to hear rand in these presidential debates. he has rons substance for the most part but can talk so smooth. he will crush them all. bring on durrr jeb bush.

Original_Intent
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
This is like predicting that the sun will come up tomorrow. Here's my predictions of Weatherbillian proportions:

1. A non-establishment candidate, a true non-insider, will WIN the general in 2016.
2. A nuclear attack will occur on U.S. soil before the newly elected President is sworn into office. Likely a false flag, or at the least with the knowledge and green light of the insiders.

rubioneocon
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM
. . .
Rand vs Marco vs Jeb.

Of those 3, I predict one will be the GOP nominee, and one will be the VP nominee.
That would mean Rand would be one of them . . .
don't forget the electoral college rule that if both the POTUS and VP nominees are from the same state,
they can NOT receive that states electoral college votes . . .

Except ignore that the Dick Cheney living outside Houston as Halliburton CEO and Bush43 were both from Texas in 2000 -
they could get an architect named Rove to design the change of Cheney's official residency back to Wyoming where he'd been a Congressman long ago

agreed, for the reason above as well

itshappening
03-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes I did. About 50 seconds of "The Five". :rolleyes: I caught the part where Dana Perino mentioned she was/would be loyal to the Bush's (oh really) :rolleyes:. I find it telling how someone would mention loyalty to a family when she might have said loyal to an idea or philosophy.

I also caught how they're (fox cnn or msnbc?) pushing a Hillary and Jeb (AOBP) title match.

As such, I don't doubt for a minute that Rand Paul will be presented as some sort of an 'unknown' 'radical' by the msm.
And, presented as having no chance to gather votes to beat Hillary by establishment in the GOP.

it won't matter what all these people say when Rand wins in Iowa, NH and SC... he's their nominee and they're stuck with him then.. Ha!

They can talk and fantasize about Jeb Bush all they like, it aint happening. No one in the GOP wants a Bush on the ticket and he's not going to win any of the early states.

rubioneocon
03-06-2013, 09:09 AM
. . . The MSM and neo-cons are positioning Jeb for the run. They couldn't say enough good things about him. :rolleyes:

If that's the best they can do, Rand Paul is a shoo-in.

Yep . . .
they are beginning to realize that the Senator from Florida will make the Grand Ol' Party look like arses in the end . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/rubio1_zps7ab7f817.gif

I do agree with the assessment in this link by Correspondent Liz Marlantes . . .

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Wire/2013/0305/Is-Jeb-Bush-the-Republicans-Hillary-Clinton

"Watching Mr. Bush make the media rounds while promoting his new book on immigration this week,
we've been struck all over again by his political skills – a relaxed, unaffected manner on camera,
great ease in discussing policy, and the quiet confidence of a man who knows he's already regarded
as a leader within his party. "

. . .
(Jeb Bush) And he probably wouldn't clear the Republican field the way Hillary would. "

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Jeb-Bush-Hillaryjpg_full_380_zpsb036cc37.jpg

NY Times also offered this
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/us/politics/jeb-bushs-rocky-re-entry-in-immigration-debate.html

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/JebBush003b_zpsb66c6d13.jpg