PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 days left for CNN-Youtube debate. Submit questions!

fez2008
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Post your questions. I'll add them here.
Please dont ask questions too blatantly supportive of RP because they won't be asked.
Dont attack the other candidates blatantly because it will help them to get noticed.

How about asking questions which seem to attack RP? This will get the attention of a lot of people. As bad as fox has been, the first 2 fox debates are the main reason he became well known.

Questions like:
1) You say you will get rid of the IRS. How will we pay for the governmental programs?
2) You say the border gaurds need to protect our borders rather than someone else's, dont you think we have a moral obligation to help other countries?
3) you say you want to have hard money backing the currency, wont that reduce the liquidity of money and create problems that existed before 1970?

This will give an opportunity to explain his less popular positions

Collection of questions (will add here as people post):
1) "How do you expect to win the general election if 70% of the American people want us out of the war?"
2) "What will you do to protect the value of our currency?"
3) "Do you promise never to declare martial law?"
4) "What is the root cause of terrorism and how should it be stopped"
5) Can you promise not to institute a draft to continue the war in the middle east?"
6) What would happen if OPEC decided to start selling oil in Euros instead of US dollars? What is the liklihood of that happening?
7) Why are the specific reasons that alcohol and tobacco are legal and yet marijuana is illegal to use even for proven medical benefits?
8) Do you believe we are experiencing inflation? Please provide reasoning for your answer, and what steps you would take to address the problem, if any.
9) To all candidates: Do you believe that the constitution must be adhered to in all circumstances? If not what specific parts are flexible ?
10) "Economics plays a huge role in society, government and family life. As President you would have a great deal of economic control. Therefore, who is your favorite economist and why?"
11) "This one is for Congressman Paul. I heard somewhere you were the only person who voted against giving Mother Teresa(Rosa Parks) a Congressional Medal. What is your problem with Mother Teresa (Rosa Parks)?"

jgmaynard
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I like what someone posted before:

"Economics plays a huge role in society, government and family life. As President you would have a great deal of economic control. Therefore, who is your favorite economist and why?"

Ron would SMOKE that one like a doobie at Rastafarian party.

JM

brumans
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Why are the specific reasons that alcohol and tobacco are legal and yet marijuana is illegal to use even for proven medical benefits?

I would love to hear the other candidates answer that (why drugs like alcohol and tobacco that kill hundreds of thousands each year are legal yet less dangerous drugs like marijuana and psychedelics are illegal that aren't killing anyone)

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Why are the specific reasons that alcohol and tobacco are legal and yet marijuana is illegal to use even for proven medical benefits?

I would love to hear the other candidates answer that (why drugs like alcohol and tobacco that kill hundreds of thousands each year are legal yet less dangerous drugs like marijuana and psychedelics are illegal that aren't killing anyone)

Even cocaine is used ofr medicinal purposes - but mj is bad, even if prescribed. Go figure.

fez2008
11-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I like what someone posted before:

"Economics plays a huge role in society, government and family life. As President you would have a great deal of economic control. Therefore, who is your favorite economist and why?"

Ron would SMOKE that one like a doobie at Rastafarian party.

JM

added to the list in the 1st post..

TechnoGuyRob
11-23-2007, 02:30 PM
"This one is for Congressman Paul. I heard somewhere you were the only person who voted against giving Mother Teresa a Congressional Medal. What is your problem with Mother Teresa?"

EDIT: That's my favorite example of Ron Paul's voting legislature, by the way. :) It's an amazing example of how thoughtful he is.

Austin
11-23-2007, 02:34 PM
"This one is for Congressman Paul. I heard somewhere you were the only person who voted against giving Mother Teresa a Congressional Medal. What is your problem with Mother Teresa?"

EDIT: That's my favorite example of Ron Paul's voting legislature, by the way. :) It's an amazing example of how thoughtful he is.
I thought it was Rosa Parks?

reaver
11-23-2007, 02:35 PM
"This is a yes or no question for all the candidates; Would you legalize industrialized hemp cultivation in the United States?"

TechnoGuyRob
11-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Both. :) He votes nay on any Congressional Medal award.

brumans
11-23-2007, 02:36 PM
"This is a yes or no question for all the candidates; Would you legalize industrialized hemp cultivation in the United States?"

Did you record and submit that?

TechnoGuyRob
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM

From Wikipedia:

He has also been criticized for being the only dissenting vote against giving Pope John Paul II, Rosa Parks, and Mother Teresa the medal. The medals and ceremonies held to bestow them on recipients are expensive. Texas Monthly awarded him the “Bum Steer” award for voting against a congressional honor for cartoonist Charles Schulz, but also noted, “When he was criticized for voting against the [Parks] medal, he chided his colleagues by challenging them to personally contribute $100 to mint the medal. No one did. At the time, Paul observed, ‘It's easier to be generous with other people's money.’”[123]

fez2008
11-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Any one submitting?

Zack
11-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Please dont ask questions too blatantly supportive of RP because they won't be asked.

I agree. I just uploaded a question for the debates a couple minutes ago. Check it out, my friends, and learn subtlety, from the master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss31ng99dfs

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree. I just uploaded a question for the debates a couple minutes ago. Check it out, my friends, and learn subtlety, from the master:

Yeah, that will definitely be asked. ;)

TechnoGuyRob
11-23-2007, 07:57 PM

Ok so I laughed. :p

Keith
11-23-2007, 08:01 PM

Way to pin him down with tough questions.

FreeTraveler
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh, man, if he answers truthfully (and we know he will) there go his chances!! :D

No way the job goes to somebody overqualified. It's never happened before!

reaver
11-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Did you record and submit that?

nah, I'm sure a dozen people did. I don't have the means to; If I could I would ask Giuliani if he would pardon Jonathan Pollard.

AceNZ
11-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Why do you believe we are fighting the war in Iraq, and can you explain why the war is so important that we should continue to send our sons and daughters there to fight and die?

I understand at least one million people have been killed so far in the war in Iraq. Can you explain what the Iraqi people have done to the US that has warranted such a large-scale loss of life?

Do you think the wars on terrorism and drugs are winnable? If so, how?

One of the core values of traditional conservatives is a smaller, less-intrusive government. Do you agree with that philosophy, and if so, what specific steps would you propose taking in that direction?

Do you support the Patriot Act, even though it legalized self-written search warrants and criminalized speech?

As President, would you consider it more important to keep Americans safe, or to keep us free by upholding the Constitution?

For Ron Paul: I understand that your foreign policy goals include bringing US troops home from all of their bases overseas. Aren't we helping to maintain order in many of those places? Don't you think a non-interventionist foreign policy would be disasterous?