PDA

View Full Version : U.N. warns America: Legalizing marijuana violates int’l law

green73
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
The United Nations has issued the United States a stern warning against a state trend to legalize marijuana, for recreational or medical use: Doing so violates international law.

The International Narcotics Control Board, the global body in charge of overseeing drug treaties, issued a warning about the “unprecedented surge” in “legal highs” — those that stem from medically approved marijuana use — and said immediate action is needed to stop the trade, The Guardian reported. The group also warned the U.S. government to crack down on medicinal marijuana laws.

“In some U.S. states, they are being operated in a way that is completely inappropriate and outside of the [treaties],” INCB said, in its just-released report.

The INCB, an offshoot of the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime, had especial criticism for Colorado and Washington, where marijuana can be used for recreation.

“They also undermine the humanitarian aims of the drug control system and are a threat to public health and wellbeing,” said Raymond Yans, INCB president, The Guardian reports.

Eighteen U.S. states have medical marijuana laws, The Guardian says.

Those laws are little more than “a back-door to legalization for recreational use,” Mr. Yans said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/un-warns-america-legalizing-marijuana-violates-int/

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 01:33 PM
There's no such thing as global government, you're a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy kook.

heavenlyboy34
It's legal for recreational use in the Netherlands, yes? Why no U.N. no-knock raids there?

dannno
They need to smoke a bowl and chill out.

Czolgosz
03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Awesome. I hope they crackdown on the US.

TonySutton
03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
lol

and what are they doing about the Netherlands and Portugal?

Seraphim
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM
“In some U.S. states, they are being operated in a way that is completely inappropriate and outside of the [treaties],” INCB said, in its just-released report.

Fuck yourself, you loser.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Intolerable Acts.

Taxation and Regulation without Representation.

Troops of Oppression, Quarted among Us.

Hordes of Officers, eating out Our substance.

Had fucking enough yet?

ZENemy
"It is not a rule binding upon mankind in their natural state. There, every man is independent of all laws, except those prescribed by nature. He is not bound by any institutions formed by his
fellowmen without his consent."
- CRUDEN v. NEALE, 2 N.C. 338 (1796) 2 S.E. 70.

Please show me where I signed stating I care about the UN and its laws.

TheGrinch
Chrsit, it jsut never ends. I should have known that as soon as the federal government's overreach was questioned, that they'd have "international law" to back up on.

I believe they did the exact same thing (or tried to) when SOPA/PIPA got revealed for what it really was. It's much tougher to keep up with what they do internationally.

cjm
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Cognitive dissonance for red-staters. On the one hand, hippies in California and Colorado shouldn't be smoking pot. On the other hand, the UN shouldn't be telling the US what to do. This could get interesting.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM

The District of Calamity lost my consent decades ago, to govern me.

Hasn't stopped the bastards...

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Cognitive dissonance for red-staters. On the one hand, hippies in California and Colorado shouldn't be smoking pot. On the other hand, the UN shouldn't be telling the US what to do. This could get interesting.

Their heads may explode.

VBRonPaulFan
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
The District of Calamity lost my consent decades ago, to govern me.

Hasn't stopped the bastards...

They never got it from me either, they just assumed they did.

dannno
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
On the one hand, hippies in California and Colorado shouldn't be smoking pot.

Why on earth not??

Edit: Oh, cause they are 'red-staters', got it.

TheGrinch
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
On the one hand, hippies in California and Colorado shouldn't be smoking pot.

:confused:

(Edit: nevermind, I see what you're saying, from their POV, it's a condundrum indeed)

luctor-et-emergo
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
It's legal for recreational use in the Netherlands, yes? Why no U.N. no-knock raids there?
No, technically still illegal. Small amounts are not prosecuted.

James Madison
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Reminds me of a quote from Chapelle's Show...

"Hey, UN, why don't you sanction me with your army! Oh, wait a minute, you guys don't have an army. So, I think you need to shut the fuck up. Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

parocks
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM

Cognitive dissonance for blue-staters. On the one hand, hippies in California and Colorado should be smoking pot. On the other hand, the UN should be telling the US what to do. This could get interesting.

belian78
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Who was it again that twisted the arms of the international community to criminalize marijuana and help in the GWoD? Oh ya, the US. a'sldf'ewvn[ojg[ewoinf!!!!

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I never voted for that law or for a Rep who passed it under our constitution. It is invalid, imho.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
You know, if the UN tells us not to, we may get a LOT of conservatives on our side.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM

Actually it's not. Cannabis is illegal but decriminalized in the Netherlands.

lol

and what are they doing about the Netherlands and Portugal?

Illegal in Portugal, too. Possession is not a crime, though, but rather an administrative offense.

Lucille
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM

This didn't seem to phase them:

Obamacare and the War on Drugs
Some conservatives outraged by Obamacare’s individual mandate had helped pave the way for it through the war on drugs.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/253048/obamacare-and-war-drugs-david-rittgers

Many conservatives have long argued that the federal government is broadly empowered to prosecute the drug war under Congress’s authority over interstate commerce. In the name of the drug war, they have been willing to allow federal law-enforcement officers to prosecute seriously ill patients who use medical marijuana in compliance with their states’ laws.

Many of those same conservatives are now finding that the terrible, swift sword of expansive federal power that they endorsed in the name of drug prohibition has now been turned on them in the form of Obamacare’s individual mandate.

The Justice Department is defending Obamacare by asserting that a 2005 Supreme Court case, Gonzales v. Raich, permits such a broad reading of the Commerce Clause that the federal government can tell individual citizens that they have to buy health insurance.

The Raich case was about medical marijuana. Angel Raich, a resident of Oakland, Calif., used medical marijuana to deal with the debilitating pain caused by an inoperable brain tumor, a seizure disorder, and a life-threatening wasting syndrome. California law allowed her to do so, but the Drug Enforcement Administration claimed that the federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA) made no exception for those in Raich’s position.

The Raich case closed out a decade’s worth of rolling back the scope of Congress’s power. In 1995, the Court held in United States v. Lopez that the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act exceeded the limits of Congress’s ability to regulate interstate commerce. United States v. Morrison in 2000 invalidated a federal civil remedy for victims of intrastate gender-motivated violence. Raich reversed this pushback. By a six-to-three majority, the court held that the aggregation of individuals’ small-scale cultivation and consumption of marijuana in compliance with California law would substantially affect the market for the drug, a market that the federal government had outlawed.

Raich cemented the legal foundation for the individual health-insurance mandate that has so many conservatives outraged.

cjm
03-05-2013, 02:14 PM
You know, if the UN tells us not to, we may get a LOT of conservatives on our side.

Yes, or we may see so-called conservatives warming up to the UN. People are pretty good at rationalizing their inconsistent opinions, so I don't expect any major change in the average person. But the possibility of some change is interesting.

jkr
03-05-2013, 02:39 PM
portugal

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
The U.N. has no jurisdiction. Let them try and enforce it :)

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
The U.N. has no jurisdiction. Let them try and enforce it :)

Officer Friendly and his new fleet of tanks, will be more than happy to enforce.

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Officer Friendly and his new fleet of tanks, will be more than happy to enforce.

Our A-10s would eat those U.N tanks for breakfast... our F-22s would have their jets for lunch... and their bombers for dinner if they are still hungry :p

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
So, a head stoned in Colorado, who is likely using a crop from the Oklahoma Cookson Hills and is a thousand miles from any international border, is 'undermining' and 'a threat to' the international community? How?

Yes, or we may see so-called conservatives warming up to the UN. People are pretty good at rationalizing their inconsistent opinions, so I don't expect any major change in the average person. But the possibility of some change is interesting.

That's fine. As they warm up to the UN, the so-called liberals will be cooling off toward the UN. Maybe they'll meet in the middle and be completely ambivalent toward the bastards.

Our A-10s would eat those U.N tanks for breakfast... our F-22s would have their jets for lunch... and their bombers for dinner if they are still hungry :p

'Our'? Traditionally, those things you mention have been the UN's First Strike Capability. We have always been the UN's bitch, or rather, they have always been our source of cover for our imperialism.

All this amounts to is Obama not wanting to go to war with two states on the federal government's account, even though Big Pharma is no doubt disgusted with him for not doing so, so Obama called up New York and said, hey, hurry up and demand I do something. What do you think I pay you for?

CTRattlesnake
03-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Dear UN:

You have no jurisdiction over our country let alone our states.

I wish i could dump your idiotic building into the east river

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
So, a head stoned in Colorado, who is likely using a crop from the Oklahoma Cookson Hills and is a thousand miles from any international border, is 'undermining' and 'a threat to' the international community? How?

That's fine. As they warm up to the UN, the so-called liberals will be cooling off toward the UN. Maybe they'll meet in the middle and be completely ambivalent toward the bastards.

'Our'? Traditionally, those things you mention have been the UN's First Strike Capability. We have always been the UN's bitch, or rather, they have always been our source of cover for our imperialism.

All this amounts to is Obama not wanting to go to war with two states on the federal government's account, even though Big Pharma is no doubt disgusted with him for not doing so, so Obama called up New York and said, hey, hurry up and demand I do something. What do you think I pay you for?

Yes, but if we broke from the U.N., it would be a very different story. Yes, it would take a reboot of our government, but if that should happen... that is the point I was making. When it comes to air superiority, no country on earth can match us... trust me.

heavenlyboy34
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM

This^^ This League of Nations and the UN were started by the regimes of the "winners" of WWI and WWII so as to better enslave the rest of the world.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes, but if we broke from the U.N., it would be a very different story. Yes, it would take a reboot of our government, but if that should happen... that is the point I was making. When it comes to air superiority, no country on earth can match us... trust me.

I don't have to trust you on that.

As I pointed out in that earlier thread about the F-35, we were in a position to maintain air superiority for decades to come with our previous generation of aircraft. And we went ahead and launched into the Stealth Generation anyway.

I don't know when--if ever--we're actually going to pay for this quantum leap in aircraft technology. But it was a successful leap. They've proven that in a few wars, now.

jcannon98188
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM

No no no. You misunderstand. Officer Friendly and their tanks are American Officers and Military Personel, using American Tanks, with those A-10's and F-22's providing close air support if necesarry. This remark from the UN is exactly what Holder and the DOJ need to crack down on Washington and Colorado. Don't expect our Military or Police to stand against the UN. Expect them to stand against you.

QuickZ06
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
How about you just get lit U.N., no pun intended.

Dr.3D
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Dear UN:

You have no jurisdiction over our country let alone our states.

I wish i could dump your idiotic building into the east river
Perhaps those planes flew into the wrong buildings on 9/11.

Thor
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5guodT-JbahY-8s0muGUDY9GqmebA?docId=1e433295a73a45e3bfb589944b7 fcc3a

CHICAGO (AP) — Eight former U.S. drug chiefs warned the federal government Tuesday that time is running out to nullify Colorado and Washington's new laws legalizing recreational marijuana use, and a United Nations agency also urged challenges to the measures it says violate international treaties.

The former Drug Enforcement Administration chiefs criticized Barack Obama's administration for moving too slowly to file a lawsuit that would force the states to rescind the legislation. Marijuana is illegal under federal law.

“My fear is that the Justice Department will do what they are doing now: do nothing and say nothing,” former DEA administrator Peter Bensinger told The Associated Press in an interview Monday. “If they don't act now, these laws will be fully implemented in a matter of months.”

Bensinger, who lives in the Chicago area, said if the federal government doesn't immediately sue the states it'll risk creating “a domino effect” in which other states legalize marijuana too.

The statement from the DEA chiefs came the same day the International Narcotics Control Board, a U.N. agency, made its appeal in an annual drug report, calling on federal officials to act to “ensure full compliance with the international drug control treaties on its entire territory.”

But Brian Vicente, co-author of the Colorado pot legalization law, said a handful of North American countries have expressed support for legalization.

“You have two states revolting and they're saying it doesn't work in their state and their community and it sends a strong message globally,” he said.

A lawyer who led Washington's legalization campaign said the focus should be on reconciling the Colorado and Washington votes with federal law and treaty obligations.

“Ultimately, we do need to see these laws and treaties change,” Alison Holcomb said Tuesday. “We're not going to get resolution overnight.”

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told a meeting of state attorneys general last week that he is still reviewing the laws but that his review is winding down. Asked Monday for a comment on the criticism from the former DEA administrators, Holder spokeswoman Allison Price would only say, “The Department of Justice is in the process of reviewing those initiatives.”

The department's review has been under way since shortly after last fall's elections. It could sue to block the states from issuing licenses to marijuana growers, processors and retail stores, on the grounds that doing so conflicts with federal drug law. Alternatively, Holder could decide not to mount a court challenge.

The ex-DEA heads are issuing the statements through the Florida-based Save Our Society from Drugs. One of its spokesmen is based in Chicago.

The former DEA administrators are Bensinger, John Bartels, Robert Bonner, Thomas Constantine, Asa Hutchinson, John Lawn, Donnie Marshall and Francis Mullen. They served for both Republican and Democratic administrations.

Holder is scheduled to appear Wednesday before a U.S. Senate judiciary committee hearing. The former DEA chiefs want senators to question Holder on the legalization issue.

Advocates of legalization have welcomed Colorado and Washington's new laws, arguing that criminalizing drugs creates serious though unintended social problems. The ex-DEA heads say they disagree with that view. (or risk having their entire careers look foolish)

After votes last fall, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize marijuana's recreational use — putting federal authorities in a quandary over how, or whether, to respond.

Washington state officials responsible for creating a regulated marijuana system have said they are moving forward with a timetable of issuing producer licenses by August.

Bensinger — who served as DEA administrator under Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan — said the supremacy of federal law over state law when it comes to drug laws isn't in doubt.

“This is a no-brainer,” he said. “It is outrageous that a lawsuit hasn't been filed in federal court yet.”

Advocates of less stringent drug laws criticized the ex-DEA heads later Tuesday.

Ethan Nadelmann, executive director of the New York-based Drug Policy Alliance, said the eight are destined to share the legacy of agents who enforced alcohol prohibition before that policy was deemed a failure and reversed in 1933.

“The former DEA chiefs' statement can best be seen as a self-interested plea to validate the costly and failed policies they championed but that Americans are now rejecting at the ballot box,” Nadelmann said.

Could the "countries" comment be a mistype, or a slip of the tongue? I mean, I can only think of 2 North American "countries"... Canada, and I forget the other one right now....

Smart3
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
No jurisdiction in the world, except Colorado and Washington, has legal marijuana.

Some do have medical marijuana, the Czech Republic being the newest one of the group.

Could the "countries" comment be a mistype, or a slip of the tongue? I mean, I can only think of 2 North American "countries"... Canada, and I forget the other one right now....
North America usually includes Panama to Canada. (and also the Caribbean)

for some reason Americans associate North America with US/Canada/Mexico and sometimes Greenland (which is not independent yet, but will be soon)

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/newworldna.png

Thor
03-05-2013, 04:52 PM
No jurisdiction in the world, except Colorado and Washington, has legal marijuana.

Some do have medical marijuana, the Czech Republic being the newest one of the group.

North America usually includes Panama to Canada. (and also the Caribbean)

for some reason Americans associate North America with US/Canada/Mexico and sometimes Greenland (which is not independent yet, but will be soon)

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/newworldna.png

I was thinking maybe he has some information about the break up of the 50 "states", as that is what I thought Colorado and Washington were and what this immediate dialog was about... But maybe he was referring to Panama or some other countries as well in that handful.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Bensinger, who lives in the Chicago area, said if the federal government doesn't immediately sue the states it'll risk creating “a domino effect” in which other states legalize marijuana too.

The last time I heard talk of a 'domino effect' it was being used as an excuse to kick the snot out of a little place called Vietnam.

So, Colorado and Washington are the new Vietnams, eh? Very reassuring.

The notion of this coming down to a fight is mind-boggling. I've got to give the two states credit for being brave enough to try this. I certainly don't blame the other forty-eight for not going there. After all...

'Prohibition is better than no liquor at all.'--Will Rogers

We need to ratchet up our rhetoric on this. It's better to wonder if our protestations did the trick than to fail to protest in advance, and see these two fine states run red with the blood of Americans so Big Pharma can sell more SSRIs.

Neil Desmond
03-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Step 1: get US out of UN
Step 2: get UN out of US

problem solved

Dr.3D
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM

problem solved

If anything, they should know, if the United States wasn't involved with them, they would fold like a bad poker hand.

No Free Beer
03-05-2013, 05:27 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lze7jjY7Ge1qb13amo1_500.gif

satchelmcqueen
03-05-2013, 05:30 PM
so since the UN has issued a warning to us, maybe we should assassinate all of the head members. its a preemptive attack, yes?

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
so since the UN has issued a warning to us, maybe we should assassinate all of the head members. its a preemptive attack, yes?

They're goading our government to attack us. I'd say that makes them terrorists.

Drones to New York City!

TheTexan
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
The harder they push back on this, the faster their threads of legitimacy unravel.

jkr
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
FUCK THE "UN"

w0w mannnNNNnnn
deja-vue

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
The harder they push back on this, the faster their threads of legitimacy unravel.

This.

If the majority is wrong, then the republic is dead. How simple is that?

If the majority is wrong, the republic is dead. Think about it.

AGRP
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

ghengis86
03-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Reminds me of a quote from Chapelle's Show...

"Hey, UN, why don't you sanction me with your army! Oh, wait a minute, you guys don't have an army. So, I think you need to shut the fuck up. Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

One of my favorite episodes, Black Bush!

"Oil? Oil?! What you talkin bout oil? Someone cooking or something?...(knocks over pitcher of water) RUN bitches!!!"

"Aluminum tubes? You know what you can do with aluminum tubes!?!??!"

"That's yellow cake in a special CIA napkin." "Pray to God he don't drop that shit!"

"I've got a coalition of the willing!...Africa BoomBada and the Zulu nation..."

Oh and I forgot to add

FUCK OFF UN! FEEL FREE TO FUCK YOURSELCES AND THAT DEN OF CUNTS IN NEW YORK AND THE FUCK FACE ROCKEFELLER WHO GAVE IT TO YOU! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING BLUE HELMETS ROLL THROUGH TOWN AND TET TO ENFORCE ANYTHING YOU LIMPED DICK PIECES OF DOG SHIT! EAT A MOTHER FUCKING DICK AND DIE!

Xhin
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
http://antzinpantz.com/kns/images/jul09/fuck%20the%20un.jpg

Humanae Libertas
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM
So what does the UN suggest we and other countries do with Marijuana users? Keep throwing them in jail? Doesn't sound so humanitarian like the U.N. claims to be. Just globalist freaks is what they are. If only the U.S. can say fuck off U.N., but that won't happen in our lifetime...

speciallyblend
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
well i guess/suggest the fed gov better change the treaties or risk have -1000 credibility instead of 0!!!!!!

The Gold Standard
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I want to see French and British troops marching the streets searching Americans for weed. That would tell us all we need to know about what kind of future this liberty movement has.

speciallyblend
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoM6IFiyRjE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoM6IFiyRjE

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
No no no. You misunderstand. Officer Friendly and their tanks are American Officers and Military Personnel, using American Tanks, with those A-10's and F-22's providing close air support if necessary. This remark from the UN is exactly what Holder and the DOJ need to crack down on Washington and Colorado. Don't expect our Military or Police to stand against the UN. Expect them to stand against you.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but the NCOs and company grade officers I worked with took their oath to the Constitution seriously and would side with the people given the opportunity.

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 06:53 PM

problem solved

This +rep

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but the NCOs and company grade officers I worked with took their oath to the Constitution seriously and would side with the people given the opportunity.

Which is why they'd dearly love to bring in foreign military units that never took that oath.

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Since when does the UN do anything like this without the consent of the US?

newbitech
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
This wasn't the UN, it was the INCB, get your facts straight.

:toady:

coastie
03-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Wow, while I was in - I never met anyone you mentioned that knew even a single line of the Constitution...:(

osan
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/un-warns-america-legalizing-marijuana-violates-int/

Sometimes I wonder whether nothing short of global nuclear war, a large asteroid strike, global pandemic, or other grand-scale culling event will ever set humanity back onto the rails of nominal sanity.

Fox McCloud
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
I'd be willing to bet that this isn't so much as the UN telling the US what to do so much as the US using its influence in the UN to issue this statement to quell interest in legalization.

Then again, it could just be the people are that way, by default---a lot of anti-drug people are notorious control-freaks.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Sometimes I wonder whether nothing short of global nuclear war, a large asteroid strike, global pandemic, or other grand-scale culling event will ever set humanity back onto the rails of nominal sanity.
I, as well. I'm somewhat surprised God hasn't thrown us off of our axis yet. All the pain, suffering, and general fucked-up-ness of the world is something you cannot really start to fathom. I guess we are better with respect to the world's history but still...

Neil Desmond
03-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd be willing to bet that this isn't so much as the UN telling the US what to do so much as the US using its influence in the UN to issue this statement to quell interest in legalization.
If it is then good! As it backfires I'll be laughing.

awake
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
The drug dealers and police unions must be joint lobbying. Drug laws make both pretty well off than they would otherwise be.

acptulsa
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM

Oh, give humanity a break.

"There is nothing as stupid as an educated man if you get him off the thing he was educated in."--Will Rogers 1931

After all, we don't burn witches at the stake any more. Not that sending a drone after someone's ass is much of an improvement.

The major defect with the human race is we're usually basically good, but we invariably hand out authority to the absolute worst among us. This is something that has always been true, near as I can tell.

And the big problem that faces us is that these evil bastards we put in charge have now got unprecedented technology at their disposal to use against us. Wish us luck. We'll need it.

dannno
03-05-2013, 07:39 PM

The INCB, an offshoot of the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 07:40 PM
After all, we don't burn witches at the stake any more. Not that sending a drone after someone's ass is much of an improvement.

The major defect with the human race is we're usually basically good, but we invariably hand out authority to the absolute worst among us. This is something that has always been true, near as I can tell.

And the big problem that faces us is that these evil bastards we put in charge have now got unprecedented technology at their disposal to use against us. Wish us luck. We'll need it.

Or we set up systems in which the worst among us apsire to.

+rep

RockEnds
03-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I bow to my new French overlords. Not. Obviously the UN doesn't have a force that could, say, take over the government of Colorado, so the most likely scenario is that the Obama administration has found a convenient skirt to hide behind. It will be interesting to see where the chips fall on both the left and the right if the administration continues to pursue this course.

Professor8000
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Intolerable Acts.

Taxation and Regulation without Representation.

Troops of Oppression, Quarted among Us.

Hordes of Officers, eating out Our substance.

Had fucking enough yet?

Just ordered my AR-15 lower receiver. I had enough a long time ago.

newbitech
03-05-2013, 08:10 PM

So what? It's not like they are actually the UN.

Origanalist
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM

Ya, I passed that point a long time ago too.

QuickZ06
03-05-2013, 08:28 PM

I wanna print a 3d one out though.......

DamianTV
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Then let the U.N. also receive this warning: This is not your fucking country.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Hawaii Senate votes to decriminalize marijuana: http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/Hawaii-Senate-votes-to-decriminalize-marijuana/yiDcG2Dg10yKFkdu-G6Rsw.cspx

unanimously

BlackJack
03-05-2013, 10:22 PM

Remington 870 tact and alarms around my home. Hold the fort down to the fullest.

Gumba of Liberty
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah the UN's right, the laws in Colorado and Washington do violate international law. I want to thank them for remind us. I want to thank us for not caring (for now).

Peace Piper
03-05-2013, 10:56 PM
The timing suggests this announcement was made so Holder doesn't look like such a jerk (yeah...) when he comes out with the administrations policy towards WA and CO. That is supposed to happen soon. WA will not be allowed by the Feds to open stores, let alone bank the money from them. Just a guess.

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2013, 11:06 PM
The timing suggests this announcement was made so Holder doesn't look like such a jerk (yeah...) when he comes out with the administrations policy towards WA and CO. That is supposed to happen soon. WA will not be allowed by the Feds to open stores, let alone bank the money from them. Just a guess.

One of those "extraordinary circumstances"?

jkr
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g

presence
03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Molon Labe

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 11:50 PM

You seriously think he's going to be able to say 'you states passed laws but the UN says you can't have them, so you can't' and he won't look like a jerk? Other words do go through my mind, but I assure you that is the mildest.

J_White
03-05-2013, 11:53 PM
will they send their blue helmet guys to enforce this ?

presence
03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
will they send their blue helmet guys to enforce this ?

When is open season on blue helmet guys?

dillo
03-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Will you need a permit to hunt UN enforcers?

Peace Piper
03-06-2013, 01:23 AM
You seriously think he's going to be able to say 'you states passed laws but the UN says you can't have them, so you can't' and he won't look like a jerk? Other words do go through my mind, but I assure you that is the mildest.

You know as well as anyone his sycophant followers will grasp at any straw.

Obama makes Clinton look like an amateur. Could Clinton have stated that he has the power to assassinate Americans on American soil? Take a look at what these cretins are defending now.

Eric Holder states obvious, Rand Paul uses it to troll gullible liberals
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022463526

It's later than some people think.

parocks
03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lze7jjY7Ge1qb13amo1_500.gif

ANNIE!!!

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Luckily, the international police don't exist yet. Unless, of course, we are it...

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
No no no. You misunderstand. Officer Friendly and their tanks are American Officers and Military Personel, using American Tanks, with those A-10's and F-22's providing close air support if necesarry. This remark from the UN is exactly what Holder and the DOJ need to crack down on Washington and Colorado. Don't expect our Military or Police to stand against the UN. Expect them to stand against you.

Once the US government launches an invasion on Colorado, the end is nigh.

A Son of Liberty
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
You know as well as anyone his sycophant followers will grasp at any straw.

Obama makes Clinton look like an amateur. Could Clinton have stated that he has the power to assassinate Americans on American soil? Take a look at what these cretins are defending now.

Eric Holder states obvious, Rand Paul uses it to troll gullible liberals
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022463526

It's later than some people think.

My response in the "Obama says he can kill us" thread:

Thinking a little more about this, I wonder if most or even just many people realize that there are some limits on the power the president actually has, and particularly on his ability to, you know, just kill whoever he wants.

I suspect that this piece of news will garner very little attention. I think a LOT of people think the president can do this if he sees fit. In fact, when it does finally happen, I think it will be met with one big 'meh'.

presence
03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Luckily, the international police don't exist yet. Unless, of course, we are it...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/UN_military_police_on_Cyprus_01.jpg

sailingaway
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Twitter says Obama is going to tell CO and Washington today that their laws don't count.

singe22
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
U.N Pot inspectors incoming to the United States. Boy starting to know what it feels like to be Iran.

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Twitter says Obama is going to tell CO and Washington today that their laws don't count.
I hope they reply with the same message to him.

dannno
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Holder: Still no decision on Washington, Colorado pot laws

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder says the Obama administration still hasn't decided on how the federal government will respond to the new legal-marijuana laws passed by voters in Washington and Colorado.

Holder appeared Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee and was asked about the issue by Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont.

The attorney general reiterated what he has said recently -- that a policy decision will be announced "relatively soon." He also said he's had good conversations with elected leaders from Washington and Colorado.

The measures set up systems of state-licensed marijuana growers, processors and retail stores. But marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and state laws can be struck down if the "frustrate the purpose" of federal law.

The Justice Department could sue the states in an attempt to block the licensing schemes from taking effect.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/mar/06/holder-still-no-decision-on-washington-colorado-po/

Brian4Liberty
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM

;)