PDA

View Full Version : One Drone Missing; Reward Offered. Please Contact FBI

Lucille
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
What, do they have so many that they can't keep track? I'm suddenly kind of worried about all of the nukes in the hands of the "security" state. Would anyone be surprised if the clowns accidentally nuked Kansas?

One Drone Missing; Reward Offered. Please Contact FBI
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-05/one-drone-missing-reward-offered-please-contact-fbi

Yesterday we noted the somewhat startling confession of @NYCAviation investigating a four-engined small aircraft (or drone) at JFK. Today we get the confirmation as the FBI "seeks public assistance in identifying, locating, unmanned aircraft and operator."

Perhaps this?

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/03/20130305_drone.jpg

On Monday, March, 4, 2013, at approximately 1:15 p.m., the pilot of Alitalia Flight #608 spotted a small, unmanned aircraft while on approach to John F. Kennedy International Airport. The Alitalia flight was roughly three miles from runway 31R when the incident occurred at an altitude of approximately 1,750 feet. The unmanned aircraft came within 200 feet of the Alitalia plane.

The FBI is investigating the incident and looking to identify and locate the aircraft and its operator. The unnamed aircraft was described as black in color and no more than three feet wide with four propellers.

“The FBI is asking anyone with information about the unmanned aircraft or the operator to contact us,” said Special Agent in Charge John Giacalone. “Our paramount concern is the safety of aircraft passengers and crew.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 212-384-1000. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Another problem with them. I figured it would happen eventually. [near miss with a plane]

TheGrinch
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I can't help but think about how badass mini-drones would be if they weren't so damn scary....

Shredmonster
03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I previously posted this shit was going to happen on this forum. Just wait till one of these little fuckers gets caught in an engine and takes a plane down.

There is a lot more to come with these things. They will eventually be fairly ineffective in many applications me thinks especially around big cities as they will crash, be hacked, be shot etc...

All kinds of ingenious methods will be developed out of necessity.

I guarantee you someone is going to develop hunter drones that will go hunting for these little bastards. And you will get signal jamming equipment etc...

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I've seen on twitter that a pilot saw one flying near JFK airport. Now the feds are checking it out.

fisharmor
03-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Would anyone be surprised if the clowns accidentally nuked Kansas?

I'd be surprised if anyone made a big deal about it.
It's flyover country, after all.